PDA

View Full Version : i want a refund!

bobbygedd
08-10-2004, 06:26 PM
does she get a refund? here's the scoop: customer signed a contract for weekly mowing, fall leaf pickup, full fert program (1 pre em/crab, 1 broadleaf weed, 1 grub, 4 ferts, 1 lime) . the fert program was pre pay. i completed- 1 pre em/crab, 1 broadleaf weed, 2 ferts. lawn was mowed weekly and paid for during april, may, half of june. with no notice to me they began home improvement construction june 10th, and just finished aug. 1st. from june 10th-aug. 1st lawn was not accessible, contruction equipment and materials all over lawn. despite many attempts to contact them, i recieved no replies. i went by last week, saw the husband out there with a push mower. i recently recieved a letter, " bob, do to financial reasons, we have decided to now care for our own lawn. please refund the un used portion of our fert program." my reply letter: " dear sir, your contract clearly stated that the lawn would be mowed weekly. it also clearly stated that in the event the lawn was inaccessable, i would be notified at least 24 hrs in advance. there were 8 scheduled mowings that could not be completed due to the turf area being covered with building materials/machinery. these 8 weeks need to be paid for, as the trip over was made on all 8 scheduled weeks, and despite numerous attempts to contact you, i recieved no notification of cancellation. the unused part of your pre paid fert program covers these 8 weeks down to the nickle. thank you."

MudslinginFX4
08-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Bobby, I don't think I would give a refund on the fert. if they owe you for 8 weeks of money for the mowing. I think you are right in sending them a letter back explaining why you are keeping their money, but that is all you should have to do.

fga
08-10-2004, 10:19 PM
was watching the yankee game......

yes, he could get the repair work, but if he stated in his contract about missed cuts due to their cause, then technically, he should be paid for it........ if things are done by the book. so even if he did make money on the repair, on paper he'd still be lost on the 8 cuts.

Even if the customer disagrees, they signed contract they obviously didn't read. others, including myself might bend, which is not a good thing.

dvmcmrhp52
08-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, A guy tells the truth and gets his post deleted..........
Hmm...................

LOL!

Lawn-Scapes
08-10-2004, 10:39 PM
What the "F" happened? There were like 10 responses.. now only 2. Too much sensorship..........................

GeeVee
08-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Adam, I'm sure you don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Once again. He shot himself in the foot.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-10-2004, 10:40 PM
KEEP THE MONEY :)

GeeVee
08-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I agree. Bet there wont be an explanation.

fga
08-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GeeVee
Adam, I'm sure you don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
we're not talking about me. I can be more of a pushover cause i don't want to be bothered.

but once again.... technically, by the book, with a signed contract, he should get paid. period.

GeeVee
08-10-2004, 10:45 PM
If you need a contract to ensure you are getting paid, You aint doin it right........

To each his own.

fga
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
If you need a contract to ensure you are getting paid, You aint doin it right........

To each his own. in an ideal world with ideal customers, that would be true.

EastProLawn
08-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Keep every nickel, it was written in plain English when they signed.

1MajorTom
08-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Lawn-Scapes
What the "F" happened? There were like 10 responses.. now only 2. Too much sensorship..........................

Really? I don't think so, not enough in fact probably on a lot of the threads. The guy posts a question, and who responds? The guy that has been put on ignore by the original poster. It's all about instigating, and I'm not down with that tonight.

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
Really? I don't think so, not enough in fact probably on a lot of the threads. The guy posts a question, and who responds? The guy that has been put on ignore by the original poster. It's all about instigating, and I'm not down with that tonight.

"Not down with that tonight?"

What's that mean in english Jodi?

Just kidding...............you are correct.

Lawn-Scapes
08-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Okay Jodi... I like and respect you.. so I won't argue with you.... seeing how you're not down with that tonite :p

It's just that I happened to agree with what was said.. didn't you? :)

GeeVee
08-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Maybe this morning you feel different.

I answered the thread, many apparenetly agreed.

I don't mind so much you censored (edited) the thread.

I'll still respond to threads. Why I shouldn't respond to threads the where the starter has me on "ignore", I don't understand. Feel free to explain the rationale for this ideology in a pm.

Really.

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 08:21 AM
addam did you have to do that? i really didn't care to see anything that fool had to say. "if you need a contract to ensure you're gonna get paid, you aren't doing something right." that is so pathetic, now i'm sick to my stomach at 7:15 am. i think i'll try that logic with a credit card company, or maybe take out an equity loan or something and tell them i'm not signing anything, if you make me sign you aren't doing something right. how rediculous. that guy shouldn't even be allowed to post here, he is no businessman.

fga
08-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
addam did you have to do that? i really didn't care to see anything that fool had to say. "if you need a contract to ensure you're gonna get paid, you aren't doing something right." that is so pathetic, now i'm sick to my stomach at 7:15 am.
so even on ignore, you can see his posts if someone quotes them.......:D This one was censored otherwise there would be more.

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 08:57 AM
his advice is very bad. he suggests that doing business without a contract is good. he suggests if you don't get paid on time, or even paid at all, it is ok. this is very poor advice from someone who has failed in business, and people come here to learn. taking advice from him is just teaching the new guys how to set themselves up for the same destiny=failure.

GeeVee
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Just because you say and repeat that I failed in business isn't going to make it true, Bobby.........

I'm STILL in business.

Taking advice from you? I'll let others make that decision for themselves to a certain extent.

You really shouldn't put folks in a position to make a comparison between you and I.

airtractrdrivr
08-11-2004, 11:29 AM
?

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 03:29 PM
i can't see you vee dee, and i thank the lord for the ignore feature. good ridence

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 07:35 PM

You really shouldn't put folks in a position to make a comparison between you and I. [/B]

Why?
Afraid you might learn something about reality?

NNJLandman
08-11-2004, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't give em a refund for anything, you wasted your time going over there couldn't do anything, got the lawn to what it is now, you made several attempts to contact them with no response, they had a contract and they broke it without notice.

Jeff

Ryan Lightning
08-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Why would you drive by 8 times, with out talking to them. Maybe a few times, but 8 times and now you want to charge them for it. You should have stopped showing up after 1-2 and sent a letter for them to call you. Are asked the guys working how long the stuff will be in the lawn. Im guessing the lawn is right by another and it was just easy to drive by, and now charge them for it. Weather are not they deserve a refund after not contacting you is something different. You have a contract so what ever it says.

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
does she get a refund? here's the scoop: customer signed a contract for weekly mowing, fall leaf pickup, full fert program (1 pre em/crab, 1 broadleaf weed, 1 grub, 4 ferts, 1 lime) . the fert program was pre pay. i completed- 1 pre em/crab, 1 broadleaf weed, 2 ferts. lawn was mowed weekly and paid for during april, may, half of june. with no notice to me they began home improvement construction june 10th, and just finished aug. 1st. from june 10th-aug. 1st lawn was not accessible, contruction equipment and materials all over lawn. despite many attempts to contact them, i recieved no replies. i went by last week, saw the husband out there with a push mower. i recently recieved a letter, " bob, do to financial reasons, we have decided to now care for our own lawn. please refund the un used portion of our fert program." my reply letter: " dear sir, your contract clearly stated that the lawn would be mowed weekly. it also clearly stated that in the event the lawn was inaccessable, i would be notified at least 24 hrs in advance. there were 8 scheduled mowings that could not be completed due to the turf area being covered with building materials/machinery. these 8 weeks need to be paid for, as the trip over was made on all 8 scheduled weeks, and despite numerous attempts to contact you, i recieved no notification of cancellation. the unused part of your pre paid fert program covers these 8 weeks down to the nickle. thank you."

oh my God bobby, your response to the customer was professional j/k
But seriously, what you said seems reasonable to me