PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a redmax hedge trimmer longhandle one

contourbs
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
if so what model number and how much?also do u like it better than the hand held.

bobbygedd
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
yes i do. i used it just today, i can out trim a regular hedge trimmer by 3-1, and do a better job. my helper, who is no slouch was using regular hand held trimmers, i was useing the red max extended. i don't know the model #, but it's the one where you buy it as a weedwacker, then buy the attachments separately. i got the wacker, with the hedge trimmer and chain saw attachment for a total of i think like $1100.

prizeprop
08-10-2004, 07:32 PM
I dont know the model #, but it cost around $250 - $300. Although you have to have a redmax weedwacker to put the attachment on.

danno
08-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I have the same one as Bobby. It works great. I can get a better view of the hedges with this since I am standing 3' away. That really helps to keep your lines very even. I just used it yesterday like a scythe to clean up saplings on a job that I had bushhogged. This is probably one of my most profitable tools. Weedeater, pole saw attachment, & hedge trimmer attachment=$900.

Mowingman
08-10-2004, 09:50 PM
They make a long reach trimmer, besides the one that fits the split boom machine. The regular long reach trimmer is a lot cheaper than buying the trimmer and all the attachments, but I can not remember the price offhand.
The regular long reach trimmer is the LRTZ2500. I think it is in the $475 - $550 range.
If you buy a Redmax shrub trimmer, be extra careful of the blades. They are way sharper than any other brand, even when not running, and will slice your hand like a razor. They will flat out perform any Stihl or Echo trimmer on the market.