PDA

View Full Version : down again,can't take it!

Ol'time Lawncare
08-10-2004, 10:24 PM
sometimes i just want to give up! last week my ex-mark broke down, the gear in the the gearbox strip out and i had to rebuild it,i think what had happen was that the Alan key that is centered in the gear inside the gear box it self came out and got stuck between the gear and the worm drive, bin really scared since then that it don't happen again.anyway today my rider snapper broke and its messed up bad, the pull starter wouldn't pull, so when i got home i took off the pull starter thinking that it was the problem , well the crank isn't turning, pulled the plug and the piston is moving but not freely like it should, i,m thinking that the piston arm came loose from the crank and jambed it up.it a 14 hp vanguard motor, ran grate for years, it was the mower i started out with,what could it be, what broke in side???

Eric 1
08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
If the piston moves but the crank don't, you got major problems, i.e. broken rod and scored block, get a new engine.Sorry man.

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 12:28 AM
the biggest stress that I have with this business is equipment maintenance and equipment downtime

paponte
08-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I know your pain. Had an alternator go on the UD. Blew out the steering box seal on the F250. Blew apart a pair of hedge trimmers. All in a days work. Unfortunately this is whats in the fine print when you sign up to own your own business. :rolleyes:

MikeLT1Z28
08-11-2004, 12:51 AM
too tired to read right.. chances are it didn't just come loose, it came apart. there are no tolerences in there that allow a simple fix for this.