PDA

View Full Version : Ok I need help killing Nimblewill...HELP!

Neighbor2NV
08-10-2004, 11:50 PM
OK I have a few large areas of nimblewill in the front lawn. I have done a ton of searching and reading on the net and talking to my local lawn care “experts” So far I have learned the only way to kill this crap is with roundup or something similar.. My plan is to kill off all the nimblewill and reseed or sod the areas. I know I need to spray the area + 12-16 inches to make sure I get all of the “stolons” and seed that may be Reaching out past the patches..

This is my plan, I just need the real pros (you all) opinions to see if this will work..

First spray the lawn with weed and feed, from what I have found this will brown the nimblewill. This will make it easy to see all the spots that are “infected” with the weed. Next spray the browned areas with roundup.. wait ten days.. spray again with roundup.. wait a few weeks then till and reseed. Now will this work? To get rid of the nimblewill for good? I know I need to do this before it gets much cooler out so that the seeds are still active. But will the weed and feed browning the Nimblewill keep it from sucking up the round up? Please any tips I would really appreciate..

Neighbor2NV
08-11-2004, 12:35 PM
well 30 views and not a word... is that a no?