PDA

View Full Version : On the other side

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 12:04 AM
We have seen many posts asking if you buy the guys lunch, but do any of you pay for coffee or breakfast. I spring for "coffee only" every morning...

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 12:17 AM
I will spring for pop or juice in the morning for the crews. One guy that I fired a while ago actually had the b@lls to ask me to buy him a pack of cigs

Lbilawncare
08-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Tiedman, I feel your pain. Why do people not just appreciate the things you do for them without expecting you to do it again and again. I gave a guy a $25 gas card once because we had a really good week and he worked hard, I told him not to expect it every week. The next week he asked me if I had his $25.00 gas card. Another guy spent his entire paycheck every Friday night, couldn't even afford to eat lunch during the week, but he could always afford cigarettes and if not he would never hesitate to ask if he could "bum a few quarters from my ash tray"

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
One guy that I fired a while ago actually had the b@lls to ask me to buy him a pack of cigs I would bought him the pack and tell him to smoke them while he's looking at the Help wanted ads....LOL :D :D