PDA

View Full Version : Recently Certified, Need Help Guys

By the Yard
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, so 1st year in the business and recently certified for applications with the state of Nebraska...... Now, we currently have several commercial properties that include hotels and condo's. Most are good size. What do you guys suggest for tools of the the trade for applying pesticides and fert. We bought a lesco broadcast spreader of course, what about a backpack sprayer??? We have an ATV also with a broadcast spreader that we were thinking about using for spraying. I know eventually we need the large lesco setup for the back of the truck, but right now that's a little out of budget. Any help would be great.

Take care!

Mark

By the Yard
08-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Free Beer to anyone who responds! = -)

NickN
08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Response:I dunno.......
I'll PM you my mailing address for the beer :D
Actually,how about a set of scales for measuring your fert and pesticide products.
A bucket for transferring fert/pest from bags/containers for weighing.
Soil thermometer
Soil test kits/bags
Definately the backpack sprayer.
Notepads for you to document weeds and turfgrass species found on site.One that you can present to the customer for their review.
Just a few I can think of.

GeeVee
08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Good help to start

Solo makes fine BP sprayers.

A Marketing strategy to help you avoid the TG stigma.

(I don't drink diet beer)

eshreve1234
08-11-2004, 03:12 PM
I built my own sprayer. I don't have the sizes you do, but I used a 55 gal. plastic drum, an electric water pump for a RV sink, and some tubing and a little cart to haul it around behind my garden tractor. Made a boom out of PVC. I can go into more details if anyone wants.

By the Yard
08-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks so far for the replies. Soil test kits. I've been taking them to a local lab previously, so who makes a good kit? I can also search. Sorry to sound stupid, but "TG" stigma?

NickN
08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
By kit I mean something like individual bags with your company logo on them to place your soil samples in,with an area to write your customers name,address,date of collection.Then prepare an spreadsheet,again with your company logo,and transfer the lab tests reading to this to present to your customer.Just something to make your company look more professional.
TG = TrueGreen/Chemlawn

By the Yard
08-11-2004, 04:22 PM
gotcha...thanks! Makes sense.

KCON1
08-11-2004, 10:48 PM
try a company called Gemplers for soil testing supplies, and hard to find horticulture and business supplies. they are on the web to