PDA

View Full Version : the man you admire most on lawnsite

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 02:39 PM
the man i admire most on lawnsite, is not a man, it's senior moderator jodi. i was in desperate need of computer help, and help with some landscaping software, and with nowhere else to turn, i asked for her help, not being sure i would get it. she was very willing to help, and walked me through each proccess step by step making sure i got it right. she's very professional, extremely intelligent, and was kind enough to help a dummy like me, and would not even accept the payment i offered her. her and her husband are hard workers, and excellent business people who have developed an awsome lawn business. thank you jodi for all your help. who is the person you admire most on lawnsite, and why

meathead1134
08-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I admire bobbygedd for all of his off the wall customer stories :D :D

Lazer_Z
08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by meathead1134
I admire bobbygedd for all of his off the wall customer stories :D :D I'll second this comment Bobby.

BTW any new stories on the way?????

Gene $immons
08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
lawncare3 and cheesedawg

Cutters Lawn Care
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
avery and jim lewis

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 03:54 PM
you forgot , "and why"

txlawnking
08-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Captain Ken, and MTDman. and several others....Oh, and the reason why, they both seem to posses a pretty even keel, and do not seem prone to insult others.

Now if you wanted to start a list of least favorite...........

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 03:57 PM
tell me tex, who is your least favorite?

TClawn
08-11-2004, 04:03 PM
eric elm odin and avery. why? they don't go around bashing people. there posts generally are very helpfull.

fga
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
shawn, (Gr grass n Hi tides) always helpful, never hostile, baseball fan helping me keep my little thread alive!

Bill (impactlandscaping), also always helpful,, knows his stuff.

mr gedd, always doing the right thing by me, and selling me a bad ass mower for a great deal!

txlawnking
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Ask no questions and I'll tell no lies.

CamLand
08-11-2004, 04:08 PM
too easy

Sean Adams and Chuckwk. without them...well no Lawnsite..

TClawn
08-11-2004, 04:08 PM
oh yeah, and fescue farmer. man I wish I could lay down stripes like that!

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
oh wait, let me guess, like the rest of these jackasses, i'm your least favorite, yet, for some odd reason, i see your name 2-3 times in EVERY THREAD I WRITE. kind of like my 6 yr old son, swears he hates girls, then when no one is looking, he's holding hands with one on the front porch.

TClawn
08-11-2004, 04:26 PM
your not my least favorite bobby. you keep the site interesting.:D

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 04:30 PM
if i had to vote for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th,and 6th it's a 5 way tie. i'd pick: rodfather, cus he's nice, and acts like a gentleman. turfdude, cus he's from south jersey, which makes him easy to pick on. mac, cus he's as cool as the other side of the pillow, and he's me in 15 years. and runner and lewis, cus they are both knowledgable, respectful, succesful, and have at least a little tiny sense of humor. my least favorites, well, i'll hang on that one. not worth pressing the keys. but overall, everyone here is top shelf

BSDeality
08-11-2004, 04:38 PM
jimlewis has a great business direction
rexman has pavers and walls laid down well
victor knows ponds inside and out

bobby, you provide the humor, but still teach little lessons and make people think about what they're really doing for their business.

qualitylandscaping gets my vote for the youngest with what i would call a successful business. the rest of the younger guys here are doin alright too, but i feel quality has the best grasp and reports more truthful numbers and figures.

There are tons of other members that have great insight into individual or a combination of subjects.

txlawnking
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Did I say your name??? As a matter of fact, you are not my least favorite person here, smartguy. The people I like the least are the ones who usually fall under the category of "liberal " . So don't puff your self up so much there Mullet master I kinda like ya'... Believe it or not If I didn't like you specifically, I most assuredly would have let you known a long time ago. Your threads have taught me a few things most importantly, I agree whole heartedly with you in the area of "freebies" and such. As I, too, refuse to work for free... But don't worry, You could hate my guts and I prommise I wont lose any sleep.

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
nothing personal, but anyone from a state where lethal injection takes the show over a grateful dead concert, is just not my cup of tea.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-11-2004, 04:56 PM
My hat goes off to ground cover solutions.

He has a semi truck...what other business has a friggin SEMI?

I also appreciate Tiedeman, Runner, Avery, Metro HP (where did he go?) and a couple others.

I am sure i am on the list of some peoples least favorites...but it dont make much difference to me.

Trevor

65hoss
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
In no order and not people from around me:
Odin
Rodfather
Jim Lewis
KutnKrw
Avery

Several others but I'm to tired to think

1MajorTom
08-11-2004, 05:19 PM
nice, real nice Bob. I'd say i'd give you an B+ for this apology ;)
Love ya or hate ya, I'd think most members would agree you have a good sense of humor, you can dish it out, but you can take it also. That's important when posting at forums, not to take things too seriously.
Now about your post here, I'd say you'll have to try harder though for what you been hounding me for.. :laugh:
j/k

Lazer_Z
08-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, I already gave Bobby his dues now the other guys that are top shelf are: Adam, Odin,Eric/FSM,Turf Dude,Chuck W & thats about all i can think of for now for the guys. For the ladies Jodi is #1 very helpful to people like me who just know how to type on here and do nothing else.

One more little add on this goes to Odin & the others that gave me great reviews on the Stihl FC110 thanks guys i could not be happier with my machine.

rodfather
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Not in any order but...

1. 65Hoss, probably has forgotten more than I know of this business.
2. BG, for his enthusiasm to quit what he was doing to do a LCO.
3. Odio00, for his tenacity and love of his family.
4. Avery & jimlewis, for their everyday business knowledge.
5. Turfdude for his straightforward, upfront answers no matter what.

bobbygedd
08-11-2004, 05:33 PM
notice rod put my name on top of odin and turfdude:cool: :cool:

fga
08-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Lazer_Z
Ok, I already gave Bobby his dues now the other guys that are top shelf are: Adam, Odin,Eric/FSM,Turf Dude,Chuck W & thats about all i can think of for now for the guys. whoa, i didn't think anyone liked me:( lazer, you got a show this month right? OZZFEST!

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 06:04 PM
runner, jim lewis, and rodfather rank high on my list

Lazer_Z
08-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Yep I do Adam 15 days from today can't wait. Before i go i'll get some pic's of what i'm going to look like I'll have on all black head to toe.

BTW Adam your little girl is too cute every time i see that pic it makes be smile,even if i've had a bad day i still smile. Just one question who does she look more like mom or dad?

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Simple,
Sean.
Without his sales prowess LS wouldn't be what it is with all of the sponsors.

Nope,no azz kissing here either, don't need to.

johnhenry
08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Lots of great minds here who really know the biz

in no order
Rodfather,Odin,65Hoss,MowEd,Jim Lewis,groundskeeper and many others

Rhett
08-11-2004, 06:35 PM
ME! Just kidding. Enjoy so many different views. Hove enjoyed everyone from Jack, Bobby, Hoss, Gator, Jody, and the list goes on. Geo, and so forth. Most of all I like ME

odin
08-11-2004, 06:44 PM
these people are all my friends and i consider them to be at the top of the heap in knowedge of the green idustry

the late ericelm is still the giant even tho he's been gone over 2 years now.
65hoss
rodfather
john henry
mowed
and many more ive left out.

special place for the next 8

1 chuckwk
2 jodi
3 geogunn
my 4 friends from down under

ebony tonyr alex and mick .real people the kind im right at home with
8 ..rhett ..man who i like personally and served his country for 20 years for not exactlly top notch pay he probally could have got in the privite sector .

Hodge
08-11-2004, 07:45 PM
avery and jim lewis

PMLAWN
08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Don't know that I have a fav. but I can say that there are some that have helped me a lot, and some that have made a hard day a bit better (BG is always fun reading). Good people here.

odin
08-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
too easy

Sean Adams and Chuckwk. without them...well no Lawnsite..

Add eric elm to that list ...without ericelm lawnsitec would have never become and grow into the behemoth it is now.

CamLand
08-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Yes sir you do have a point...

edward hedrick
08-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Eric Elm, GeneGls, FrankenScag, & Geogunn. Ed

Runner
08-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Take Hoss's list, add him to that, and Geo, Odin, and several others, and you would have my list. Eric goes without saying,... that's a "given". There are just too many equals on here to pinpoint. I was definitely going to say Jim Lewis, but then I saw he was already on Hoss's list. I have alot of gratitude to the people here, and some to a few others elsewhere, as well.

Up North
08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Being a new guy this season I'd have to say I've gotten very good tips and info from:

Lawnmwrman22
MowEd
Tiedaman
Tonyr
Odin
bobbygedd (it hurts to say that...:D )

I'm sure I missed some. Thanks to all of you guys for sharing the knowledge and information that you do.

Buck

Martino
08-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Cos

Lawngodfather

Miles Costello

Turfdude
08-11-2004, 09:13 PM
I hope I don't leave anyone out!
Runner (Joe) not only good business sense & honest, but great familyman
JimLewis - again great businessman, very knowledgeable & professional
RodFather - all around good guy - down to earth and talks from experience
Hoss - another plethora of info
FSM- a young guy who proves the youth of America isn't ALL bad
LawnGodFather - lots of info - ballbuster
BG - never funnier stories - I can't wait to see the movie or read the book
Too many others Scraper, Dusty, Cos, Evan528, JMac, Homer, Swithcless

Fareway Lawncare
08-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately most of the Great Ones are Gone...

lawrence stone

Guido

Thelawnguy

Lawnboy82

Lazer

etc....

Lazer_Z
08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I have seen his name on almost everybodys list and it's a sad fact that I joined too late to get to know the late Mr. Eric Elm. But I can't ignore the fact that every day I learn something new or a different way of doing something I already know how to do.

Thanks Guys & Gals
Rob

Acute Cut
08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Here here fareway.

My list is as follows:
Chuck: Without his idea and leadership this wouldn't be.
Sean: Taking it to the next level
Erick: (Sniffle) Truely the godfather of stripes. I learned alot from him about dedication.
Rexman: You definitely have my vote for the best hardscaping.
Jodi: Always there, always fair

Those are "My" leaders. There are many great people here no doubt. Some of you i have become well acquainted with.

It seems (notice the word SEEMS) that pretty much the biggest posters get the votes. Interesting. I really think the people that i posted truely post intelligently and with relevant material. Why speak if you cant contribute i guess is my thought.

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Hands down Bobby Gedd, balls to the wall kind of guy, never sugar coates anything, tells it straight up.......... I also appreciate alot of Tiedeman posts as well as many others, too many to mention, but alot of great guys on LS::D :D :D

olderthandirt
08-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I love you all, now someone one send some cash for the compliments. lol Seriously too many to list, BUT BG, Rod & Jack for some special reasons that make them who they are.

Mac

lawnman_scott
08-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Eric ELM was the best because of his helpfulness. Homer-always helpful. Bobby, for being honest even when he knows he will get hammered for it.

burnandreturn
08-11-2004, 11:41 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that the most helpful and intelligent person on here is myself. When I think of all the brillance that comes out of my fingertips I'm in awe of myself! The sheer magnitude of my abilities is magnificent. Thank you all .........

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by burnandreturn
There's no doubt in my mind that the most helpful and intelligent person on here is myself. When I think of all the brillance that comes out of my fingertips I'm in awe of myself! The sheer magnitude of my abilities is magnificent. Thank you all ......... LMAO Big Time:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

benb0808
08-12-2004, 12:05 AM
TXLAWNKING, he save me much frustration last week.

Thanks tex

Fareway Lawncare
08-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by odin
Fareway Lawncare is my #1 choice, he's taught me so much

Lest we forget

Kutnkru

Micheal Deason

casey

groundsguy1970

etc....

Lawn-Scapes
08-12-2004, 12:16 AM
John Allin, John Di, Tommy (TLS), Lawn Lad, Eric Elm, Runner, 65hoss, MowEd, Ray Kirby, Kutnkru, Guido, Mike (LGF), Jim Lewis, Groundskprs, Todd (GreenQuest) and others I can't think right now (sorry).

I admire & respect all of these folks... as they have helped & inspired me in one way or another (directly and indirectly).

THANKS

txlawnking
08-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by benb0808
TXLAWNKING, he save me much frustration last week.

Thanks tex

You're welcome...

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 09:07 AM
In no order

FSM
Runner
65 hoss
Avery
Camland
Sean
Jodi
Tiedman
Rodfater
Jim lewis
odino

I will think of more later.

Thanks guys for all your help!:cool:

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Ok, I already gave Bobby his dues now the other guys that are top shelf are: Adam, Odin,Eric/FSM,Turf Dude,Chuck W & thats about all i can think of for now for the guys. For the ladies Jodi is #1 very helpful to people like me who just know how to type on here and do nothing else.

Eric who?:cool:

Steve1
08-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I would have to vote for me because I bought me a new JD 777 and that is by far the nicest thing I've ever done to help me. :D

Actually, all of you have helped me in one way or another. Kudo's to everyone!

65hoss
08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Eric 1
Eric who?:cool:

EricELM. He was a very good friend to many of us for several years. Truely a very nice guy with nothing but good intentions.

tinman
08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
jim lewis,,,very helpful posts.

Impressive business.

proenterprises
08-12-2004, 02:09 PM
qualitylandscaping and frankenscahmachines, both young and very motivated..big fans.

and lets not forget -ultimate lawn and lawnrencestone:rolleyes:

odin
08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
I Fareway lawncare is beyond doubt, the number one hermaphodite in the green industry.....why you might ask ....I bought to the attention 0f the world ...about the trials and tribulations of hermaphodite's in the green industry ..... in my forthcomeing book ..jack d ...the ordeal of being a hermaphodite in the green industry.

bobbygedd
08-12-2004, 04:05 PM
you know what odin, i was actually very surprised to see that i wasn't on the top of your list. i thought for sure i'd at least make the top 3.

Up North
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
bobby, I think you're on everyone's list in some form or other...:D

Lazer_Z
08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Eric 1
Eric who?:cool: I put Eric/FSM

Sorry if i confused you Eric 1

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 05:54 PM
I put Eric/FSM

Sorry if i confused you Eric 1

I kind of figured you meant Eric Elm. Thanks

:cool:

DUSTYCEDAR
08-12-2004, 06:55 PM
i think everyone has to be part of the list or the site would be boring but bobby makes me be glad i am not him some days but he is why i stop by
rodfather, turfdude,scraper,evan528and cos ill get lunch next time

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Ok be honest, How many are checking back here often to see if their name is called???

lawnjockey51
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
As far as the Lawn Business info, everyone that has taken the time to share their knowledge and experience.

For taking away the boredom and keeping this a fun place:

Bobby ... for playing the role of the "Cocky Plick"

GeeVee ... for spending so much time keeping the "Cocky Plick" in his place.

Odin ... Just cause I can hear the Chicago bad ass in his posts. If you're not from Chicago, don't try to understand it.

Ursushorribilus
08-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Strength of character, integrity, and honesty, are what I respect in a man or woman, and I see it here on a regular basis - manifested in repsonses sometimes given out with a touch of sarcasm and a pinch of tough love - or sometimes with an outright punch in the jaw - a particularly interesting scenario when these "pitbulls" go after each other. Bobbygedd, this thread alone shows that you have the gift of keeping things interesting and stirring controversy, in addition to illuminating many valid points...Lawnsite would be a poorer place without you.

Jim Lewis, 65hoss, Olderthandirt, Rodfather, and so many other "voices of experience" keep me coming back to learn.

Tonyr from Australia, a straight-shooter with a heart, who isn't afraid to side with the underdog.

Odin, a fellow Viking-hearted warrior who shares a common philosophy of life, and who I'd love to get in the gym with.

Geo, Geevee, and other masters of wit, razor sharp, dangerous, and fun...

Jodi, Sean, Chuck, "blessed be the peacemakers"

So many more I'm forgetting...Put everyone together and we have a sense of Gestalt, a holistic consciousness if you will, that provides the gravitational pull that holds it all together...

Avery
08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words. I truely mean that. I always thought I kinda flew "below the radar" on this site. :)
It would be impossible for me to name only one and seeing as how that is what the thread asked for I will not try. Many here have had an influence on me. When a man reaches a point were he thinks he can not learn then he is in serious trouble. In this or any other industry.

HayBay
08-12-2004, 08:37 PM
What about MR. Gamba

John Gamba
08-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by HayBay
What about MR. Gamba

Haybay I like Everybody here. Even if we have had words or have disagreed on something you can always count on me if you need help. I consider the members here like a family and in family's you dont always agree but you can count on one another.
I do have a hard time expressing myself in type but i try my best. I'm glad i cut a better lawn then type :D I can make more money at cutting grass :D .

John.

John Gamba
08-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh i forgot---------Pease To All-----------:waving: :waving: :waving:

John

fga
08-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba
Oh i forgot---------Pease To All-----------:waving: :waving: :waving:

John John,
every picture you take you look like you're having the time of your life! even the one with the big crabgrass you're displaying, you look happy that you found it!:drinkup: awesome.

John Gamba
08-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by fga
John,
every picture you take you look like you're having the time of your life! even the one with the big crabgrass you're displaying, you look happy that you found it!:drinkup: awesome.

A couple more beers and it would have been on my head :D
John

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 09:22 AM
John just when I start to like you, you have to show me those pictures of you having a blast.....makes me sick you lucky b@stard

John Gamba
08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
John just when I start to like you, you have to show me those pictures of you having a blast.....makes me sick you lucky b@stard

No HARD work!! But still a b@stard :D
John

Tonyr
08-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by John Gamba
No HARD work!! But still a b@stard :D
John

ha, ha, Crikey! You are starting to sound like a bloody Aussie! LOL!

We are a bunch of bastards who hate work!:D

I have just had a look at this thread, such a great thing!

Ursushorribilus, Up North, Odin....Thankyou, means a lot. :blush:

This is a great place, it takes us all to make it what it is, the good and bad times.

NOW, if only you blokes all had new Toros!!!!!!!:drinkup: :cool2:

Up North
08-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tonyr
ha, ha, Crikey! You are starting to sound like a bloody Aussie! LOL!

We are a bunch of bastards who hate work!:D

I have just had a look at this thread, such a great thing!

Ursushorribilus, Up North, Odin....Thankyou, means a lot. :blush:

This is a great place, it takes us all to make it what it is, the good and bad times.

NOW, if only you blokes all had new Toros!!!!!!!:drinkup: :cool2:

Tonyr, I've seen some of your work, that's why I decided it'd be better to go with something other then Toro...:D :D Just kidding Mate! You do great work.

Gamba, at first I thought it was Saddam in that hot tub, you scared the bigeebas outta me.:eek:

But seriously, I've seen some pics of your work here on Lawnsite.com, you really know how to put down some stripes.

Buck

Tonyr
08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm too drunk to comment, bloody keyboard is spinning!

been a long night, be bloody daylight soon....goin' to a boat show!

funny mate, everyone says that...even me! I'm in it for the dosh!
(just kinda kidding) LOL.

where is a rock, need to hide under it and sleep, shhhh!

John Gamba
08-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Up North
Tonyr, I've seen some of your work, that's why I decided it'd be better to go with something other then Toro...:D :D Just kidding Mate! You do great work.

Gamba, at first I thought it was Saddam in that hot tub, you scared the bigeebas outta me.:eek:

But seriously, I've seen some pics of your work here on Lawnsite.com, you really know how to put down some stripes.

Buck

Thanks Bud.
John

Rollacosta
08-13-2004, 01:44 PM
i admire ELVIS oh didn't you know he runs a lawncare biz somewhere in the USA.....................................................................................

bobbygedd
08-13-2004, 10:58 PM
i withdraw my original answer. the new person i admire most on lawnsite, it's a 3 way tie: geogun, ric, and gee vee

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
i withdraw my original answer. the new person i admire most on lawnsite, it's a 3 way tie: geogun, ric, and gee vee

I thought that I would make it on your list this time...you know, because of the football field:p

geogunn
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM

WHAT!!! WHAT HAVE MISSED??? THIS DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!!!

SOMEONE CALL 911!!! I NEED BACKUP!!! HELP!!! CALL THE GOVERNOR!!!

NOOO!!!! NOT THE GOVERNOR OF OF NEW JERSEY!!! I AM NOT BACKING UP TO THE GOVERNOR OF NEW JERSEY!!! YIKES!!!

HELP ME BOBBY!!!! PULEEEZZZZEEEE BOBBYYYY!!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH..............

GEO:eek: :eek: :eek:

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 11:59 PM
look at the solo operation thread geo man.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80388

I am pretty sure that is why he changed his mind

geogunn
08-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
look at the solo operation thread geo man.

I am pretty sure that is why he changed his mind

OMG yesssss!!!!

I feel rather sure that bob had rather put up with my loving abuse than go up aganst the tyrant super moderator heiffer (sp? :D ) JODINNE!!!

yikes!!! I need outta here before she sees this!!!

GEO :D

1MajorTom
08-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Funny Geo :)

Bob soon realized that he is no match for me, he can't stand being told he is wrong by a woman. He told me to leave him alone that I'm aggravating him.. lol
I'll be waiting for your apology Mr. Gedd. ;)

leeslawncare
08-14-2004, 01:00 AM
It would hafta ..not be you bobby...The stories you tell are some time so f%^$#^ -up, only a reality show could use them......My pick would be( Eric Elm) Rod Father Jim Lewis or Me!! LOL ....Or any one but you!

geogunn
08-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
Bob soon realized that he is no match for me, he can't stand being told he is wrong by a woman.

yeah MISTRESS JODINE!!!

that is exactly what I heard the miserable and unworthy bobbygedd say!!!

I heard him say that that he'd rather buy my lunch including BEER and THEN go ask the GOVERNOR OF HIS HOME STATE OF NEW JOISEY for an butograph before he'd submit to your greatness and awsomeness and nice looking BOD.

MISTRESS JODINE...bob is but mere protoplasm before your awsomeness.... CRUSH HIM!!!

your loyal drone...

GEO :eek:

1MajorTom
08-14-2004, 01:28 AM
oh my, you're funny GEO.
He once told me that he thinks I'm the "ring leader" for all you guys that pick on him. Can you imagine? Sweet innocent me being the ring leader? :angel:

odin
08-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by 1MajorTom
oh my, you're funny GEO.
He once told me that he thinks I'm the "ring leader" for all you guys that pick on him. Can you imagine? Sweet innocent me being the ring leader? :angel:

you sweet innocent thing ...you the only person on lawnsite that the mighty odin fears ......you guys better watch it she gives midgets whoopins and police's the policemen:D

odin
08-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Fareway fairey Lawncare
Lest we forget who was named homosexual groundskeeper for 10 years in a row......

casey

MOW ED
08-14-2004, 08:28 AM
This is truly an interesting thread and I have to say that is both easy and difficult to respond to it.
It is easy because I can name many people who I admire here for certain reasons. I am inspired by just about everyone here and have undoubetly used the interaction to make my business better and have grown as a person by some of the friendships I have made here.

It has been a great experience to this point to watch this site become what it has become and to meet many great people here. I remember the thoughts of sitting at my computer in 1999 searching for anything lawn care related and not finding much. I then found a site run by a gent called Turfquip and he had a link to a place called Hallofforums, the rest is history. So Ed at Turfquip was my entry into this site.

From there I must say that ERIC ELM is and will always be the man I most admire in this business. Truly a model for all who want to strive to be the best. I had the opportunity to not only talk with Eric on the internet but to actually meet him and buy him breakfast. That breakfast will always be a great memory for me and I learned a great deal from that man in a short block of time. I certainly know that when my day to meet the Good Lord comes, Eric will be there to greet me.

I find it easy to pick certain people from the past that have been inspirational to me and have moved on. Their posts are still here as little nuggets of gold for those who sift thru them. Gentlemen like Guido (Dave) Ray Kirby, Groundkprs (Jim), Grassmaster, Yardsmith, Homer (42homers, whats with that?) even Larry Stone helped me out if you can believe that. All were around in the early days and had a great deal to do with the molding of my business.
Then there are the guys that I still admire today, Odin I would say is my present day guy that I really admire. To be in great shape, have a hot wife (no offense) have a great family and tell it like it is; thats Jack. No excuses or apologies. On top of that he is from my hometown.
Chuck and Sean are the reason for the thing being here. My deepest thanks and admiration for bringing it to life and keeping it living. On that note I have to say that Pierre is a force in the background that has kept this place moving at lightening speed.

So the difficult part is that there are so many guys and girls now that are rising stars here that it would be hard for me to start naming them without missing someone. You can just see it in the posts, you know who you are and you know that you have good things ahead of you in this business.

I may not have always agreed with everyone here and to my regret I may have even offended a person or two over the years but truthfully I admire and respect all of you as you do a job that I like to do and you like to come here and talk about it. I have also forgotten to mention some as there have been so many who have helped me, not out of being ignorant but out of getting old and having a hard time checking the hard drive.

This industry can and will become much better and I see many people here that are leading the way.

HOMER
08-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Of course I'd have to say Eric Elm.....he was the man. Over the years there have been many that contributed to this site that made it what it is today. I had just gotten internet service when I found Eric in the Dixie Chopper forum.........he told me to sign up on this site. That was Dec. 99. Seen a lot of good information and a heck of a lot of good fights!!!!!!!!! I always said I wish this had been around when I first got started...........new guys have an invaluable tool that just wasn't offered to the "pre-Lawnsite" crowd. Take it and use it cause it's truly free information and if you listen to it you can save a lot of headaches and dollars!

Homer

p.s. Homer couldn't get on the site one day for some odd reason so he re-registered as 42 homers.

odin
08-14-2004, 05:26 PM
thanks ed ..almost all the reasons you named about me ...i could apply to you in spades ...family hard worker running a business and working another job to....to me youself ... eric elm ..(eric)65hoss are the immortals of lawnsite ...top of the heap .

I want to tell a little story about the caliber of person chuckwk is.....while back i got banned here ...and i acted like a ass ..said ignorent things about chuck a person who at the time i didnt really even know....despite that he lobbied on my behalf and got me back on lawnsite ....now he's one of my bestest friends on lawnsite ......just goes to show the caliber of person chuck is.

Lawnsite is my only lawn and landscapeing forum i go to now ...the others are either a bunch of elitist pig pricks who bash sixteen year old boys unmercifully or second rate garbage heaps

John Gamba
08-14-2004, 05:33 PM

Lawnsite is my only lawn and landscapeing forum i go to now ...the others are either a bunch of elitist pig pricks who bash sixteen year old boys unmercifully or second rate garbage heaps [/B]

I Second This!!!!!!!!!!
John

crawdad
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM

Lawnsite is my only lawn and landscapeing forum i go to now ...the others are either a bunch of elitist pig pricks who bash sixteen year old boys unmercifully or second rate garbage heaps

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel.
Crawdad

quiet
08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
As well as jimlewis, Groundskeeper, and the others mentioned prominently, I gotta give some special votes to those in the Southland; those who have a special perspective on the business as well as the wholly and totally different aspects of our Southern turfgrasses: SWD, brucec32, 65hoss, Avery, Ric, LGF . . . and I'm sire I'm leaving out few others. They're always getting me thinking, and reading.

Lawnboy112
08-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by meathead1134
I admire bobbygedd for all of his off the wall customer stories :D :D

Same here :)

crawdad
08-15-2004, 07:38 AM

Lawnsite is my only lawn and landscapeing forum i go to now

...because you've been banned "over there?" :o

wriken
08-15-2004, 07:59 AM
I would have to say their are alot of people on her that gets my attention, but one that I believe has a very good future in this business is frankenscagmachines, BHB. somehow I see him down the road sitting behind a office desk (maybe with one of the secretary's we seen recently) CEO of a business with a creation of something that could benefit all LCO's.
So I do admire him for that talent that he has, and think he has a great business drive, too bad more younger people had that quality.:)

mower_babe
08-15-2004, 10:36 AM
For their tenacious spirits and balls-o-steel---

bobby
shawn
and geo (b/c of the handcuffs)

:o :blob1: :blob1:

mower_babe
08-15-2004, 10:48 AM
ooops, I forgot A1 and Greg. A1 for creative answers and Greg for his undying support and selflessness.

See, this is why I don't do these kinds of threads. I forget people. :)

mower_babe
08-15-2004, 10:52 AM
OH! and Odin. For two reasons...

1) never know what in the h... is gonna come out of the ole Scot's lips - keeps it interesting.

2) every word he speaks drips with deep down passion. He has very strong beliefs about everything. I never have seen him on the fence. Refreshing.

and a third reason -

3) he offers great visual aids. :blob1: :blob1: - if you know what I mean. ~wink~ :blush:

bobbygedd
08-15-2004, 11:46 AM
please note: mower babe had my name on top of the list. nuff said

odin
08-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by mower_babe
OH! and Odin. For two reasons...

1) never know what in the h... is gonna come out of the ole Scot's lips - keeps it interesting.

2) every word he speaks drips with deep down passion. He has very strong beliefs about everything. I never have seen him on the fence. Refreshing.

and a third reason -

3) he offers great visual aids. :blob1: :blob1: - if you know what I mean. ~wink~ :blush:

Thank you your very kind,a lot of people would disagre tho lol ....like you i left out a couple .

Yourself ..i think you brighten this place up ..you were the first lady to get involved heavily here on lawnsite ...the site was a 100 times better for it

My friend mac aka olderthendirt ..

Great fellow ....and his daughter michelle must have some scottish blood somewhere .....she is a tropper of the highest order ...a real mary queen of scots ...been though over 25 operations on only 18 .....that Says to me she is a fighter and warrior and a very special young lady.

Kelly's Landscaping
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Hands down Team Gopher his answeres are not just well thought out he will often give links to threads about the topic you are talking about. And not only that but he reads them first and I have never seen him but a link up that wasn't worth reading

GeeVee
08-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Tiedman-

I didn't respond to that thread, so your theory isn't holding up.

dvmcmrhp52
08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
I won't even try to answer...............
Those people know who they are.......................

tiedeman
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GeeVee
Tiedman-

I didn't respond to that thread, so your theory isn't holding up.

what theory?;)

Fareway Lawncare
08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
If you Could Make it through his Mile Longers, The Grassmaster from Jaw Jaw was LS's Greatest Poster....

geogunn
08-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by mower_babe
For their tenacious spirits and balls-o-steel---

and geo (b/c of the handcuffs)

LOL M_B! anyone can slap 'em on but..........only a very few know how to hook you up...!

GEO :D

mower_babe
08-17-2004, 04:34 PM
WWWWOOOOOHHHHOOOO!

(was that an offer?!?);)

Liberty Lawncare
08-17-2004, 04:49 PM
I am fairly new to lawnsite but the people who have given me the most advice. Sorry if I forget someone.
Odin
Tx lawnking
Tideman
John Gamba
Eastprolawn (i think thats the name)
Gee Vee
Victor ( pond building dude)
Geo
Locutus
Rodfather
Sorry if I forgot anybody.
As far as person most hated (The only one I don't like) Garden Panzer. The biggest AZZHOIE eaver

Lux Lawn
08-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Lots of great guys on here almost too many to list.

bobbygedd
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
liberty, you forgot me

Liberty Lawncare
08-17-2004, 09:52 PM
liberty, you forgot me
LOL :D :D :D

Gr grass n Hi tides
08-17-2004, 10:44 PM
How'd I miss this thread?

M_b, thanks for the words. Coming from you they mean a lot. You're a woman of integrity. You too Adam........I mean, you're a great guy - not a woman of integrity ;-) j/k buddy.

Some people I've had more exchanges with & less with others. I'm bad at this b/c certainly I'll leave someone off the list. I value these people most particularly for a lot of different reasons (in no special order):

M_b
Adam
Polecat
Jack
Bobby
Jim Lewis
GarPA
Dave
the Aussie crew (not meant to lump em') incl. Ebony, Mick, Tony & Alex
SLS
Geogunn
txlawnking
Runner
qualitylandscaping (Steve)
leadarrows

This list could sorta flux depending on who's posting during any time frame. Some people we don't hear from that often & then I'll see a thread or post of theirs & I'm like "oh yeah this guy is good to read."