PDA

View Full Version : lawnboy 2 cycle steel deck

RedWingsDet
08-11-2004, 05:50 PM
theres a lawnboy dealer a few blocks away from me. and he is getting 3 lawnboy 2 cycle mowers in tommarow. only problem is that its a steel deck. but is that okay? also, its a push mower.

hes asking $375. is that too much for that?

i told him to save me one, because the 2 cycles will most likely sell fast.

RedWingsDet
08-11-2004, 05:54 PM
also, i only use it on 2 accounts, i bag them both. the one is pretty high end (pays alot for me to use a 21"). so would this stripe good?

PMLAWN
08-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I got a LB from Lowes with the 6.5 Dura-Force. $379.00. Not sure if that is the same thing that you are looking at. It cuts OK at 2.5 inches but at 3.5" it does not seem to lift the grass. I only mulch with it but a friend has one and he says it does not bag well. Grass exits the top of the deck in the front and goes up a tube to the bag and he says it always gets stuck.
It works great on hills as it is very light and will hold the hill and not drink the oil like my 4 stroke does.

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
the bagger on it is on the side and to empty it you unzip it. its kinda odd. but i need a new 21" and this seems reasonably priced. i only use a 21 on a few accounts but 1 is high end so i want it to stripe good and not leave a crappy cut without breaking the bank.

anyother suggestions for around $375

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 01:15 AM
please anyone have ideas what is good and what will stripe good. the lawns are about 4k sq feet, and i only have to cut 2 with the 21" and then 2 backyards that are like 1k sq feet. i have 2 cub cadets and those are junk and the honda doesnt cut good.

so im looking for something that cuts good and stripes well. pleaseeee help me out. budget around 375.

the guy at the shop is telling me that this LB 2 cycle he has is really good espically sense its a 2 cycle. is he right?

please help me. he only has 3, and he just got them in today, he called me around 6 telling me he will have one for me in the morning if i want one...

should i get it or is there something better for 375 out there?

trying 2b organic
08-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Nothing better, buy it. How will you stripe? Im really thinking about the Inventek striping attachment for 21's. Anyway, I envy you, Im in Canada and my dealer cant or wont bring me a 2 cycle 21. My brother and I pushed one of those LBs 8 hrs a day for a summer and says they are the very best. Good combo of good cut, light wieght and decent construction. Not a "true commercial" perhaps but I have been known to bend that rule to have less weight.

trying 2b organic
08-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Nothing better, buy it. How will you stripe? Im really thinking about the Inventek striping attachment for 21's. Anyway, I envy you, Im in Canada and my dealer cant or wont bring me a 2 cycle 21. My brother in law pushed one of those LBs 8 hrs a day for a summer and says they are the very best. Good combo of good cut, light wieght and decent construction. Not a "true commercial" perhaps but I have been known to bend that rule to have less weight.

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 01:28 AM
yeah i know its not commercial, but im not about to spend like 700-800 on a commercial mower that im only going to be cutting a few lawns on (about 2). but i do want something that will last, and stripe good because the one account is very profitable and needs to be perfect every cut.

and he just got 3 in today so i HAVE to pounce on it tommarow by 9am.

PLM-1
08-12-2004, 02:33 AM
i have three of them and i love them...NEVER have any problems with them...bagging is best by taking the star blade off. There really isn't much of a stripe so you would have to get a striper. you won't be able to tell it's not a commercial mower!

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Mine has a flap on the back that you might add a little weight to, to get a better stripe but out of the box I don't think it puts down a great stripe. I think that goes back to the not lifting the grass real good at 3.5" which is where I cut. If you cut lower it might work for you.

hardtail70
08-17-2004, 12:36 AM
I have one of those lawn boy 21 from lowes it is ok it starts and runs good but I already had to replace the throttle cable it broke in less than a year. I like the 2 cycle for hills (I cut alot of hills) and no oil changes. runs great but cheeply built. for the money it is ok.