PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Trailer 7x16 and a Dixie Chopper on monday!

RedWingsDet
08-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Well i got another trailer, and a dixie chopper on monday, along with 2 salt spreaders.

Reason i got another trailer and a dixie, is because school is starting in a few weeks, and i dont want to have to be stressed out with cutting and school..... SCHOOL COMES FIRST.....

so i got another trailer and a rider, so that way on thursdays and fridays i an have two crews with 2 guys in each truck. one truck pulls the 5x10 with the 48 and a 21" with the FS 110 and FC110 and BP Blower. and the other truck pulls the 7x16 with the 50" Dixie, 36" gravely and a 21" and ill be getting new redmax equipment within the next 2 weeks.

so this way i can have two crews, not be stressed out, get done faster, and have still have time to do good in school and run a successful business.

anyway im just real excited that ive grown this big this past year, i know i have alot more to face in the business. but i figure ill buy the equipment that i can while i dont have that many bills yet.

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Get ready to get blasted for the Dixie, how do you like it, what model is it, also what is the new truck . Congrats hope you enjoy it.

geogunn
08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
mark--I don't have the numbers but are you sure you are gonna be proffitable in that arrangement?

4 persons cutting 48 properties? 2 crews doing only 24 per week?

the overhead alone on equipment trucks, mowers, insurance, yada, yada is going to kill you! I would freak out under those conditions!

I applaud your school ethic as being most important because it surely is.

in any event, good luck!

GEO :)

chevyman1
08-12-2004, 10:24 AM
How can a 16 year old even get enough credit to buy such things? You can't even hire anyone because you need working papers for yourself? and why is he going to get blasted for buying a Dixie?

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Glad to hear the school part. Keep at it and don't lose it during snow season as when it snows you have to go. Not as easy to schedule as lawns so be careful what you set up.

chevyman1
08-12-2004, 10:32 AM
he can't plow snow during school, can he? this just can't be true. You can't pay someone else when you are 16? can you?

BSDeality
08-12-2004, 10:35 AM
chances are 9 out of 10 that he isn't paying on the books, 4 people working a couple hours after school is nothing in wages to speak of.

chevyman1
08-12-2004, 10:36 AM
that makes some sense, but do you even think he has this equipment? or is he a scrub?

BSDeality
08-12-2004, 10:45 AM
premier, i don't mean this as an insult, just calling it as i see it ....

i think he's semi scrub-ish. he just started this year and is already up to 48 accounts. I'm not doubting that it is possible to gain that many. however if he's winning every single bid for lawns there is something wrong with his pricing which will end up shooting him in the foot in time. He may be making money now by not paying insurance/taxes on employee's etc, sales taxes, etc. going this route makes it financially easier to buy the equipment, also keep in mind he has no rent, food, storage expenses.

do i think he has the equipment? yes.

geogunn
08-12-2004, 10:47 AM
as for the kid thing/ scrub thing, personally I wasn't wanting to go there so I wont.

my question is to his profitability.

I say you can't be that heavily burdened in expenses and make any money running that kind of schedule.

that is just my opinion based upon my experience.

GEO

chevyman1
08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah, and you can't be 16 and getting these jobs, just not happening. Is he even paying taxes? doubtful. And you aren't allowed by the state to hire others like that and pay them legally. Just come clean man, we don't care!

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Making this all up?? Well if he is than I fell, but if he really is working I respect a 16 year old kid that is trying to make it. Better than sitting at home watching TV and thinking that the world owes him everything.
Hopefully he takes advice and charges right and does business right but if not I don't see how we can change that. I know that he has said that he works through his dad or something like that so that is how he deals with the age issue.
I feel that this forum is to help all so that is what I will try to do. Best way to learn is by doing and making mistakes.
All should stay positive. Like now I am positive it is raining really hard outside and that is why I am here.

Dave655
08-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Premier, best of luck with everything.! I love making new equipment purchases! Are you getting a new truck? Or are you pulling the new trailor with the Dakota? What form of advertising do you find to be the best for you and your business? Again congrats!
Dave

C&S Services
08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Post some pics of your gear. like to see your operation. I'm 31 and I bought most of my gear new and that ran me close to 4 grand. I never had that kind of cash flow when I was 16 so run with it and retire young. Good luck.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-12-2004, 01:57 PM
I went to his house about two months ago and he does have the 36" and 48" WB when i was there. Everything else is new since i was there

trevor

ikesleeping
08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
A lot of the time us old guys, meaning me and a few others,are sometimes a little to quick to judge.I know every now and then you see a young person who has figured out how to make something work for them and they will devote a lot of time and energy to make it succesful. Frankly it is cheerful as all get out to see a young person doing their best to make a go of a company. Does he have family support,sounds like it.will he make a go of it probably. Premier good luck to you!!!

Eric 1
08-12-2004, 06:04 PM
I am 17, I financed the Dixie through my dad, every thing else i just pay cash for, including the new truck. However here I could not legally employ anyone, so it is probably some of his friends just working after school getting paid cash. Does he have the equip, time will tell.

But 48 lawns in one year, that is incredible, I did not even bid that many this year.

GrassBustersLawn
08-12-2004, 06:46 PM
quote from MARK "and have still have time to do good in school and run a successful business."

Mark ---- Please pay more attention in English class! You really want to do WELL in school....not good! Take the time to do it right now, it will pay off in the long run!

Mike

Trevors Lawn Care
08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Eric 1
I am 17, I financed the Dixie through my dad, every thing else i just pay cash for, including the new truck. However here I could not legally employ anyone, so it is probably some of his friends just working after school getting paid cash. Does he have the equip, time will tell.

But 48 lawns in one year, that is incredible, I did not even bid that many this year.

I went from 8 customers to hovering right around 50 now. Its all in the sales presentation. I lost probably more bids than i won though. The good thing is, i was getting the calls to go bid them. Maybe next year.

Trevor

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 09:54 PM
ill post my pics tommarow. the dixie and trailer i bought used but are in good condition. i painted the trailer today. but going to re-do it tommarow or saturday because it looked like crap.

but yes i do have all the equipment listed. as for the books i have everything in my fathers name until im 18 and i 10-99 my employees so i dont have to deal with their taxes.

as for profit goes, my main concern is getting them done in 2 days after school. but things may change now.

my cousin was just laid off yesterday, i found out today, when he gets back from up north im going to ask him if he wants to work for me. hes 28 so he has time to work, and that way he can use the new/used truck ill be getting this month or next and ill have mine for what ever. this way i can minimize overhead by just having one crew out on thursdays and fridays while im in school.

as i said before, i started with 6 accounts. i now have 48. one of my customers has gotten (if thats a word) me over 10 other accounts.

GrassBustersLawn
08-12-2004, 10:13 PM
1099?????? That is INCORRECT. You can only 1099 for INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS! The IRS has STRICT definitions of what an independent contractor is. You WILL LOSE if they ever challenge you on this point. An Independent Contractor does not use YOUR EQUIPMENT. They DO NOT adhere to YOUR SCHEDULE (Thursdays & Fridays). You have EMPLOYEES, who need to have W-2's. Also you need WORK COMP INSURANCE for them! If they are injured and you don't have work comp, they are AUTOMATICALLY eligible for TRIPLE DAMAGES.

I agree with others that APPLAUD your AMBITION, Work Initiative & Drive, HOWEVER you should be running your business the RIGHT WAY!

Your comment of "as for the books everything is in my dad's name", I don't know what that means. IS the business in dad's name? If so, he should examine the tax issues (1099 vs. w-2) and investigate liability insurance, if he does not have it.

Mike

Jackman
08-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Mark, I dont dout you, would like to hear more details on your 48 lawns. I also do 48 lawns solo price per cut 35-75 ea 7- 10 day cutting cycle.... if I had a crew of 4 and the extra equipment I would need about 150 lawns to turn a profit.... How do you do it?

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 10:41 PM
GrassBustersLawn, thank you for the info on the 1099. im deff. going to look into w2 vs 1099. thanks again....

JackMan....

average lawn i cut is about 19 a cut. next year the average price will go up because this is only my first year. it takes about 9 mintues a lawn on fridays and about 25 on thursdays because thursdays are the spread out accounts which is only like 15 but they're further away. but i have the extra equipment for the second crew. but now that my cousin has gotten laid off, i think i just might hire him and someone else that is out of school to work for me on thursdays and fridays, and then monday - weds they landscape and then after school each day i make surethey got done with everything for the day.

so i may not even do a second crew. how ever i will have 2 crews when it snows.

when winter rolls around, if my cousin is working, i would have him using the 4x4 truck with the salt spreader on back with a 7ft plow, and i would have a 6ft plow and the other salt spreader on the other truck, and in the mornings i would do snow before school, then he/my cousin could plow while im in school and then when in done with school ill go back out plowing.

but if my cousin does decide to work for me, i will just have one crew, but i will get another truck that way i can have the dakota for school and estamites and he'd have the 4x4 with the 7x16 trailer with everything loaded on that with another employee cutting 2 days a week and landscaping 3 days a week...

qualitylandscaping
08-12-2004, 11:01 PM
OHH MAN... watch your back now

1099 like someone else said.. For independent contractors. The only time that works is when they have a registered business with their own equipment, not yours.

You need to get a Federal Employer Identification number, setup Workman's comp and W2 taxes for each employee (full and part time), you need to include them on your liability insurance and auto insurance as well), and you also need to provide paychecks NOT CASH payments to them.. To be honest with you, I doubt you could even become legal mowing 40 lawns for $19 a cut..

All of my insurance (auto and business liability) to include employees is just over $14,500 per year.. Your lawns would put you around $20,000 roughly per year, which would barely cover gas and any other repair work.. How the hell are you making any money???!!:eek:

qualitylandscaping
08-12-2004, 11:04 PM
BTW,

You cannot get commercial plowing insurance until you turn 18, so you will be running naked all winter.. good luck:cool:

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
OHH MAN... watch your back now

1099 like someone else said.. For independent contractors. The only time that works is when they have a registered business with their own equipment, not yours.

You need to get a Federal Employer Identification number, setup Workman's comp and W2 taxes for each employee (full and part time), you need to include them on your liability insurance and auto insurance as well), and you also need to provide paychecks NOT CASH payments to them.. To be honest with you, I doubt you could even become legal mowing 40 lawns for $19 a cut..

All of my insurance (auto and business liability) to include employees is just over $14,500 per year.. Your lawns would put you around $20,000 roughly per year, which would barely cover gas and any other repair work.. How the hell are you making any money???!!:eek:

i see what your saying, and its very true, although i dont have 14,500 in insurance this year, my insurance is $720 a year + $3000 for auto insurance a year.

but this year ive been dumping ALL my money into the business so i can get everything i can so next year i can go all out and really get accounts, plus i want to get everything ill need for the future now while i still live with my parents, so im getting everyhting i can while i live with them and dont have as many bills while i can afford it.

im not making much money at all, im dumping everything i make back into the business. which i planned for this year, and probably some of next year, but next year ill turn profit for at least a few months, unless i keep growing.

however, i wish someone would have told me how much time went into owning your own business because if they did i would have wait until i was out of school!!!

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by qualitylandscaping
BTW,

You cannot get commercial plowing insurance until you turn 18, so you will be running naked all winter.. good luck:cool:

again, if you read posts, you will see that it is all in my dads name. that includes insurance...

now if that will cover me if something happens at a commercial account, i dont know. but at least i can advertise me having insurance so they will sign the contract and then ill cross my fingers for those 4 months that it snows that nothing bad happens i guess

jajwrigh
08-12-2004, 11:54 PM
$19 average for 48 cuts?! Do the math! There is no way that you turn any kind of a profit at all with those "employees" and all your "equipment!" Next time make sure the story makes logical sense before telling us!

Jackman
08-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Hey Mark, again no douts here just looks a little akward with 48 lawns ,4 employees and the extra equipment and to top it all an average cut 19 dollars WOW..... I bet as you continue with your biz and become more succesful you will look back at the days of 48 lawns ,4 employs 19 dollar cuts and all and say to yourself WHAT WAS I THINKING.........PS your on the right track and I do wish you luck with the biz...

sawman65
08-13-2004, 07:01 AM
most of the lco's around here wont even drrop there trailer gate
for 40.00 let alone 19.00
i sell a lot of mowers in a year and i have bought.a lot back around christmas time. call me when you are ready to sell.cuz @
19.00 a cut you wont be around long.

qualitylandscaping
08-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by PremierLandscaping
again, if you read posts, you will see that it is all in my dads name. that includes insurance...

now if that will cover me if something happens at a commercial account, i dont know. but at least i can advertise me having insurance so they will sign the contract and then ill cross my fingers for those 4 months that it snows that nothing bad happens i guess

Plowing insurance does NOT cover you as an umbrella policy where everybody is covered.. EACH and EVERY employee who drives the plow truck(s) must be written into the Commercial Auto Policy. And as far as I know, you have to be 18 to be covered under a plowing policy, because I was rejected by every company I called, and they told me what I just told you..

chevyman1
08-13-2004, 08:43 AM
there are more holes in this story than the Kobe Bryant trial. Making millions at $19 a cut, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

all degree
08-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Guys I was not going to get involved but this kid drives me crazy with his stories that waste time on this site.

Do a search on premier landscaping and you will see that he was asking what a retaining wall was and how to change the blade height 2 months ago.

Remember the 50k landscape job he was working on last month. I know that I would post pics of something like that.

Look I am sure that he has a good thing going for a 16 yr old. Seems like a lot of guys here are impressed by your drive etc. We do not care what you have and how big you are etc. It really shows your age when you do this stuff

SERIOUSLY DO A SEARCH ON PREMIER LANDSCAPING AND SEE WHAT YOU FIND.

MARK i am not picking on you. If you have a commercial mower you are already better than 90% of us at 16. No need to exagerate though I understand that you enthusiasm has gotten the best of you.

chevyman1
08-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Well said Larry, I apologize for the busting, but don't lie to the guys on here. You can't improve the perception of this industry by making up lies to others, just not going to work. Continue to grow and make a decision when you are done with school what your plans are. Best of luck

MMLawn
08-13-2004, 11:34 AM
<b>[QUOTE][i]
average lawn i cut is about 19 a cut. next year the average price will go up because this is only my first year. it takes about 9 mintues a lawn on fridays and about 25 on thursdays because thursdays are the spread out accounts which is only like 15 but they're further away. </b>

<i>I too wasn't going to say anything at all here because the kid is only 16 and I knew to take what he says with a grain a salt....BUT as someone once said everytime you tell something that is or maybe false you always also tell the truth in there somewhere, SO see the below comment he also made yesterday in another thread on how long he works.

Just advise for you kid. I DO admire your hard work if you are doing the 48 lawns you claim, but also you only hurt yourself in the respect dept here if you try and be something you may not be. Just be yourself and work hard and respect will come with that.</i>

<b>PremierLandscaping
when school starts i cut from 3:30pm until 9pm. that was when i had about 25 accounts and i got all those done on a thursday and friday.

but now that i have around 48 accounts and school is starting back up in a few weeks,

but these past 5 weeks weve been working 7 days a week 7am until i feel like weve done enough for the day. yesterday we worked until about 6:30pm today we worked until 3pm. but working 7 days a week like this is starting to get to me, i havent had anytime to enjoy my summer, and school is starting in about 2 or 3 weeks,</b>

all degree
08-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Hmmm sounds as though someone is wasting everyone's time..............AGAIN.

ToroMaster
08-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I am 19 with over 50 accounts mostly being commerical properties, I only need one guy to get that done every week, and I go to college. Charging 19 a cut wouldn't cover my gas expense. He has no idea what overhead means. This kid cannot be serious and should be ignored.

sawman65
08-13-2004, 08:24 PM
i did a search on him and he is full of crap. do us all a favor
premier, and stop it. grow up and act your age.i know you are only 16 but you act like my 12 year old daughter

RedWingsDet
08-13-2004, 10:41 PM
damn guys lay off. you want to see pix of the install. go to the landscape thread. and yeah a few months ago i didnt know how to change a blade, now i sharpen them every 2 weeks. god guys get a life. alot of you guys dissing me are probably in your 40's and this is your beer money or you wish you started when you were 16.

anyway.... i talked to my cousin, and hes going to work full time for me when i start school, im going to sell my 5x10 trailer and just have 1 crew, my cousin and someone else i know who is out of school. that way they can do them on a thursday and friday and landscape.

anyways, i see what you guys were saying about 2 crews, its a waste with only 48 lawns. it sucks that my cousin got laid off, but its better for me, and he's making more money per hour with me then his old job. execpt no benifits with me execpt a xmas and b-day present lol

sawman65
08-14-2004, 07:00 AM
from what i can gather you should have two dixie choppers
cause on 5/4/04 you listed that you have one allready and on this thread you got a new trailer and mower. that is just one hole in the story i am done

qualitylandscaping
08-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Not trying to start a war.. But PLEASE stop saying you have employees.. If you aren't a federal registered employer, and don't have workman's comp; you cannot legally have employees..

Better hope no one gets hurt, they can sue your parents for everything they own, since you have no coverage for them.. NOTE your liability does not cover them either

Petr51488
08-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Yea, And you should NEVER hire family to do work for you. It never works. Never mix family with business. There are allways problems.

C&S Services
08-14-2004, 12:06 PM
$19.00 per mow times 48 = $912.00. He said he could mow each in close to 15 min or so plus load and drive time would be 30 min per account? 4 guys 8 hours a day 2 days = 64 hours x $9.00 hour = $576.00 (cash) $912.00 minus $576.00 = $336.00 to go to truck payments, insurance, overhead, and paycheck for him. Who could afford to run a company and pay themselves with $1400.00 a month? By the way where are the pics you said you would post?

redoak77
08-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Omg ive had it with all of you guys, i think you all need to take marks advice and layoff. Im 16 also and im making it alright. You forget that we dont have house payments, food bills and the such. If i come out with 3000.00 at the end of the year i am plenty happy. As for myself, i have 6 yards on my own and 7 yards with a friend. Most of my yards are 20-25.00 and i will bring in about 750.00 a month. I already had a walk behind for my prop. and my friend has a 60in JD. We will spend 300 of that on gas, insurance, truck payment and misc. and that leaves us with 200-250.00 a piece. Plenty for some golf and some movies. Its still better then McDonalds. Life is different when you are 16. Remember?

(p.s. we are both honor role students and i run XC will my friend plays football and will will still be able to make it during school)

Trevors Lawn Care
08-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Petr51488
Yea, And you should NEVER hire family to do work for you. It never works. Never mix family with business. There are allways problems.

And you know this because you run a HUGE lawn business, with mulitple crews right? OH ya, your 16 years old, and i am sure you have hired so many different family members.

I work with my brother (two sometimes) and have no problems. The owners of Orange County Chopperrs work with family. You dont know ****.

Trevor

RedWingsDet
08-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by C&S Services
$19.00 per mow times 48 = $912.00. He said he could mow each in close to 15 min or so plus load and drive time would be 30 min per account? 4 guys 8 hours a day 2 days = 64 hours x $9.00 hour = $576.00 (cash) $912.00 minus $576.00 = $336.00 to go to truck payments, insurance, overhead, and paycheck for him. Who could afford to run a company and pay themselves with $1400.00 a month? By the way where are the pics you said you would post?

like i said before. read all the posts before posting. thursdays are my slow days, because they are a killer in drivetime. but this friday i was whipping through them. i was getting between 4-6 done an hour.

all degree
08-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Please stop lying pinochio...

Eric 1
08-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Have any pics yet?

chevyman1
08-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Mark, you are a complete fraud....go grab a strawberry milk, watch Star Wars on DVD, play some video games, go to a sweet 16 party, and enjoy your summer. Stop wasting people's time, game over

economiclawncare
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
19.00x48= $3648. 2 guys 8 hours a day for 2 days at $10 an hour= 32 hours week = $320x4=$1280. $3648-$1280 = $2368 then pay his self $800 a month (b.c he said he is buting all his money in to business and b.c he is only 16) still has $1568 to take care of business. Lawnmower payments arent that much maybe $200 for a dixie then gas a whatever. Point is he isnt getting rich but he can do it stop bashing him and stop hating on him.

chevyman1
08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
if that were true it would make sense, but even his previous posts suggest otherwise...just let him go

all degree
08-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Got to agree with Chevy. Do a search on this clown and you will see that he is a complete BS artist.

gunner27
08-17-2004, 01:06 AM
you guys gotta give this kid a chance. he may be making a few mistakes at 16 yrs. old. and not charging enough. what's your deal, chevyman1, are you afraid of 16 yr. old going to your accounts and showing some "spirit" as i believe you have called it in the past. Hey cheveyman1, i think what people were warning you about is what you just wined about.

chevyman1
08-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Excuse me gunner, I have absolutely no problem with competition. I believe a senior member here said it best 'competition breeds success'.....the more ding a lings there are the easier it becomes for guys like me. I have no problem if he's 12 or 80 and working hard, but every story he says is insane just like you are if you believe a 16 year old has this much overhead/liability/etc. Please review the thread, examine the holes in the tale, and then get back to us...have a great day

all degree
08-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I am with Chevy. I know there are a lot of younger members who have thriving business that are large. I commend them and most of all RESPECT them. It is this kid that keep telling tall tales.

Chevy is right none of his threads hook up. They all tell the story with different details. So just let it be known that he is full of it.

FrankenScagMachines
08-17-2004, 09:19 AM
average lawn i cut is about 19 a cut. next year the average price will go up because this is only my first year. it takes about 9 mintues a lawn on fridays and about 25 on thursdays because thursdays are the spread out accounts which is only like 15 but they're further away.

Ok according to this, you are making $912 a week. And, on Fridays your working around 5 hours. And on Thursdays, about 6.25 hrs. So, say 12 hrs a week of mowing time. Now, $912/12 hrs = $76 an hour. Is this for you and another guy? If so you may be bidding ok. If your doing it by yourself, your doing great. If your doing it with yourself and two other guys, you need to step it up a bit.

Sounds ok to me guys? I can see getting up to 48 accounts in a year... i went from retaining about 6 of last years to 30 lawns this year. i was actually up around 34 or so for a while. Plus i had lots of calls for one time cuts which i was able to take on.
Congrats on the equipment and the work. keep on keeping on! :blob3:

Trevors Lawn Care
08-17-2004, 09:48 AM
I think if most of you read Mark's past threads, you will notice a lot of ?'s. Most all of his threads were ASKING opinions about different equipment purchases. Recall him asking about a gravely Pm144z, 34z, ferris IS, and i think maybe hustler? He was asking questions, and i dont recall any posts of him saying he was going to buy any of these, only that he was interested/looking at these units.

Now whether or not he has the new D.C, and large trailer (which he said he could get for just above cost from a family friend) i dont know. Personally i dont care. I think everyones post have "holes" in their stories somewhere along the lines.

I say keep it up mark, but do raise your prices next season..>Think about how much more you would make if you raised your average from 19$-$20. That would be almost 50 more bucks a week x 27 weeks =$1350 per year.

MY $.02
Trevor

chevyman1
08-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Plus let's all use some common sense

You can't pay out people at 16 legally
You can't even buy some of the stuff he claims (says it's in his father's name, but come on)
Can't do this much during school
What kind of person works for a 16 year old?

RedWingsDet
08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by chevyman1
Plus let's all use some common sense

You can't pay out people at 16 legally
You can't even buy some of the stuff he claims (says it's in his father's name, but come on)
Can't do this much during school
What kind of person works for a 16 year old?

first of all, dont worry about how i pay my employees, your not uncle sam.

second, i havent had pix yet because ive been so busy (trying to finish up this landscape job before school starts plus the camera ran out of batteries the other day. anyways ill post pic's later tonight when i get back (had to drop someone off)

the stuff i buy is used. if anyone knows topgun landscaping thats who i bought the salt spreaders, dixie and trailer from.

and i realise when school starts i wont beable to do to much because SCHOOL comes FIRST! thats is why i plan to hire my cousin full time to do landscaping monday-weds and cut thursday to friday. and on thursdays i'd have him work solo until i get off school at 3, unless hes done already.

i was going to do 2 crews, but it would be a total waste of money.....

one thing i learned this year is that i should have waited until i was 18 when i had more time. but now, this way i can establish my company alot better now and have my name be out there for the years to come and my customers get a chance to see my co. expand.

oh yeah trevor, i will be raising my prices, i bid way to low this year, but then again it was probably worth it because atleast it paid for my equipment and labor and such and got my name out there. next year i will bump it up on some accts, and also target the new suburbs where homes are going up like weeds in a rainstorm.

chevyman1
08-17-2004, 11:17 AM

--I'm not worried Marky, you better be. Tax evasion will put you in jail and trust me, you'll never own a company.

second, i havent had pix yet because ive been so busy (trying to finish up this landscape job before school starts plus the camera ran out of batteries the other day. anyways ill post pic's later tonight when i get back (had to drop someone off)

Sure ya did man

the stuff i buy is used. if anyone knows topgun landscaping thats who i bought the salt spreaders, dixie and trailer from.

--thought is was all new? what happened more holes? weird

and i realise when school starts i wont beable to do to much because SCHOOL comes FIRST! thats is why i plan to hire my cousin full time to do landscaping monday-weds and cut thursday to friday. and on thursdays i'd have him work solo until i get off school at 3, unless hes done already.

--better pay attention in school Marky, English is very valuable when running a company, makes you looks intelligent

i was going to do 2 crews, but it would be a total waste of money....

--again, sure you were

one thing i learned this year is that i should have waited until i was 18 when i had more time. but now, this way i can establish my company alot better now and have my name be out there for the years to come and my customers get a chance to see my co. expand.

RedWingsDet
08-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by chevyman1

--I'm not worried Marky, you better be. Tax evasion will put you in jail and trust me, you'll never own a company.

Sure ya did man

--thought is was all new? what happened more holes? weird

--better pay attention in school Marky, English is very valuable when running a company, makes you looks intelligent

i was going to do 2 crews, but it would be a total waste of money....

--again, sure you were

lol your funny, anyway, yea its new, new to me... god damn, get off my **** already. it seems like all you do is sit on here allday because you cant get any work perhaps? maybe you need to do better work to get more referals?

like i said ill post pics.

heres a pic of the 5x10 with the 36, 48 and 2 21's on. ill get a pic of the other trailer on here when i get back around 9pm. and the dixie is with my mechanic and i was sopossed to get that back yesterday after he put the new valve on, but something went wrong with the crankshaft (i dont remember im not very mecahically inclined).
anyway when you buy a used peice of equipment, isnt it NEW to YOU!!! jeeze man, seriously you need to step off.

gunner27
08-17-2004, 11:23 AM
look, i don't know what kind of equipment he has, (or care) but if he says he has it, who am i or anyone else here to call him a liar. yes, i think his prices are to cheap. obviously with him being 16 it would limit what he could do as far as being legal. yeah, i think he would be pushing it to get that many accounts done and be able to do well in high school. what i do know for sure though is some customers will hire anyone who will do the work the cheapest. they don't care if they have insurance or if they are 16 yrs. old or 106 yrs. old. some guys on this site have no insurance and will go cut a yard for $19.00. i would rather have 24 accounts at $40.00 a cut than 48 @ $19.00 a cut, but that takes longer to build up clients that way. there are ways to get around doing things legally, it doen't make it right but it is possible. i just don't think calling the kid a liar is right. we all know he may not be very good at running a buisness yet, but only he knows if he is a liar or not.

chevyman1
08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
with that grammar and attitude, I highly doubt he excels at anything. I can post on here during the day because I'm currently a sales manager, and my LCO is part time nights and weekends with full LLC status, tax paying and official. I mow 3-4 hrs per night (like 5-7 lawns) and weekends. Why is a brand new Dixie at the mechanic? weird. You can't even spell properly, what gives you this authority to belittle me? I'm done with you, have fun in school

ALarsh
08-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by economiclawncare
19.00x48= $3648. 2 guys 8 hours a day for 2 days at $10 an hour= 32 hours week = $320x4=$1280. $3648-$1280 = $2368 then pay his self $800 a month (b.c he said he is buting all his money in to business and b.c he is only 16) still has $1568 to take care of business. Lawnmower payments arent that much maybe $200 for a dixie then gas a whatever. Point is he isnt getting rich but he can do it stop bashing him and stop hating on him.

19x48 is $912, not $3,648.

Good luck with your business PremierLandscaping.

Danible
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Alarsh -

19X48X4 = 3648.... :blob2: Its for the month not weekly....Come on now...

BrianK10
08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
I just want some pic's. Not of you of course, the new stuff you bought :D

Brian

qualitylandscaping
08-17-2004, 11:27 PM

Uncle Sam is not my friend, but I pay my taxes. I can make a 10 second phone call and put you, your parents, and your "employees" in jail all for tax evasion.. Sound like fun?!

And again, please stop saying you are going to "hire" people. You can't do it, and you already made it clear that you weren't legal.. My workman's comp costs more than you make in a year so there's no way you could even say you have it..

I'm not trying to be a PITA.. Its just everyone on here doubted me until I proved myself. After that everything is cool.. You just need to show some proof and stop saying the mower you just got is in the shop already..

PMLAWN
08-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Gentleman--GENTLEMAN.. We should all just be nice- If something seems unreal than just read it as entertainment but why try to destroy people?
I have only been a member here a short time but I have visited for a few years before that and it seems like people have become too combative lately. There was always good advice to be had with a little constructive criticism but now it's all about beating up on the other guy. Can't we all just get along??

qualitylandscaping
08-18-2004, 07:32 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with this post if he didn't say he isn't even running a legal business. This is the kind of crap that puts the rest of us at a disadvantage..

Probably 90% of us on here pay our taxes and have the proper insurance/tax setup for our employees. When you admit that you are not taking taxes out for them, and that you have no workman's comp on them.. Are not paying SS, FICA and everything else thats an accident waiting to happen. I'm trying to help this kid understand that if one of his "employees" gets hurt while working, that "employee" can take every piece of property the kid and his parents own and that will just be the beginning.

chevyman1
08-18-2004, 08:31 AM
good point Steve, lying aside, the kid's entire family could be in the poor house if one awful accident took place

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 05:10 PM
first of all. in your guys FIRST year, were you 16 (if so awsome, and has it helped)? second of all, in your first year did you guys get the proper tax forms and such? (if so, i applad you!)

look most of you guys know, that its hard the first year, and you have to let some things slide, and somethings are more important to others. now, ill go take a pic of the trailer, dixie is with my mechanic.

he put the valve back on, and i had it going for 15min, then the crank split into two pecies. just ordered a new crank, flywheel, stater and erectifier.

qualitylandscaping
08-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I was alot younger than 16 when I started.. Somewhere around 12. But I started "big time" when I was 16 and really starting going out of the "block" and taking on alot of work. I started legally in the fall of 2002 (with DBA, tax id, 1mil liability insurance, etc).. Added workman's comp and got an employer id # last summer. Had commercial auto and coverage on all of my equipment from the beginning.

Some things are not worth taking the risk.. If you are going to be in this buiness, do it right the first time and fork out the money upfront.. Instead of spending the rest of your life in the poorhouse or jail because you neglected the essentials in this business...

Just my 2 cents

MMLawn
08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
<b> ill go take a pic of the trailer,</B>

I personally don't know but more importantly care whether you have this equipment or not, but Kid you been taking these pictures for over a week now so would you like me to email you a pic of one of our 7X16's so that you can post a pic and you can say it's yours if you want.

<b>dixie is with my mechanic.
he put the valve back on, and i had it going for 15min, then the crank split into two pecies. just ordered a new crank, flywheel, stater and erectifier.</b>

Sounds like you bought a POS then. I'd get my money back.

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
sorry bout that i got tied up with some stuff. heres my trailer. it looks tacky, but it looks neat rolling down the road.

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 09:55 PM
heres the other trailer........

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 09:56 PM
heres the truck... i need a bigger one. hopefully this month or next. i need a 4x4 to plow.

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 09:57 PM
back of the truck

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
the 2 salt spreaders

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
well that settles that.

now that my camera is juiced up ill take more pix tommarow of some of the lawns.

all degree
08-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Learn how to spell tomorrow. I am really tired of seeing you spell it wrong.

BTW still dont believe you. You have lied enough.

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 10:25 PM
lol. i dont give a rats behind if you belive me or not. seems like some of you guys on here are more immature then people my age.

BrianK10
08-18-2004, 10:28 PM
7x16 trailer on your Dakota? Wow...god bless ya, and the tranny on that truck. Hope it all works out well for you!

Brian

RedWingsDet
08-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BrianK10
7x16 trailer on your Dakota? Wow...god bless ya, and the tranny on that truck. Hope it all works out well for you!

Brian
i know i thought the same thing, i know the trannys normally go bad, but it has 70k miles on it, and it actually pulls the 7x16 better then the 5x10, maybe the weight is evened out better with the dual axle?

jajwrigh
08-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Does your neighbor know that you took pictures of his stuff??

PMLAWN
08-19-2004, 02:57 AM
Stuff looks good. The color combo is a eye catcher. Good luck and stay in school.

By the way does the 7x16 have brakes? If not, you should get them.

C&S Services
08-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Premier, thats a lot of gear for on guy! With 48 lawns on your average week do you use all of it? also come winter do you have a plan for storage? I myself have half of that amount and the storage issue really sucks. Would like to see the lawns please get them posted.

chevyman1
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Did you sneak across the street and take pictures of the guy you work for perhaps? and what's an erectifier? haha

chevyman1
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
C&S, don't waste your time, this guy has less credibility than the Gov. of New Jersey

Eric 1
08-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Chevyman, you need to lay off.

Mark Lawncare
08-19-2004, 06:39 PM
--- Mark (Owner) 16 Yrs Young

Why is your age under every post. It's pretty gay.

Fareway Lawncare
08-19-2004, 07:37 PM
PremierLandscaping, there's a Contingent on people who frequent these forums that Cackle, Gossip, & Badmouth like a bunch of Old Women in a Knitting Circle....

Most of this Stems from their Insecurity, Jealousy, & an Urge to get Cyber Respect when none is realized in the Real World….

Ignore Them…

Regardless, the Dakota Should Do Fine…

Cutters Lawn Care
08-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Fareway that was very well put.

NEPSJay
08-19-2004, 08:08 PM
This is a fine example of another scab in our industry. I repect his drives and desires, and the equipment he's attained at his infamous age of 16 , but no way do I agree with operating without proper insurances. No way would i tempt fate like that!!!

ALarsh
08-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Even though most of you disagree with PremierLandscaping's business decisions, there is no reason to disrespect or bash him.

If he gets sued for everything he owns, that’s his problem, not yours.

sawman65
08-19-2004, 08:25 PM
back on 5/15/04 you list a 50 dixie chopper you now have 2 right???????? i did not think so

Steve1
08-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Edited

Steve1
08-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Good grief... over 3900 views and 90+ posts on this thread, all of them essentially:

"I am an LCO, I'm 16, and I bought some equipment" followed with "No you're not", "You're making horrible decisions", "You're a scrub and a scab (insert bad name of choice here)", "I'm gonna call the Feds", and on and on and on and on. Sprinkle in an occasional "Good luck" and "You're doing great for a kid" and you've pretty much got the whole dang thing.

Sheesh - you people need to get lives already. Who the hell cares if he's lying or not? It's NOT affecting you in any way directly unless he's stolen an account from you and since I haven't seen ONE post to the effect, it's all a bunch of BS to keep this crap stirred up.

If he's lying, that's his problem.

If he gets busted for tax problems or no insurance or worker's comp, then that's his problem and his parents.

Big freakin' deal. It's HIS life, HIS equipment (regardless what he has or doesn't have) and his business.

Get off his damn back and go make some money. If you've got that much time and that much anger that you have to keep sniping and griping at and about this young person, then maybe you should take a look at your OWN business and your OWN life first.

All you gotta do is NOT click on the thread. Simple enough - then it won't consume you with jealousy or piety.

Ok?

amw
08-19-2004, 08:56 PM
give the kid a brake!

what a great group of people on the internet... lets all get together and bash the young kid..

the people who have enuff time to sit here and talk bad about a kid they dont even know should take a look at their own biz. and wounder why they have so much free time, and so much pent up anger.

PremierLandscaping, dont worry about them, just keep up in school, try to get more ligit as you can, and take it easy.
(i get attitude from other lco in the real world al the time, 8-10 times its because their pissed they have been in biz. for 10 years and look like sanford and son (truck falling apart, duct tape holding everything together) and ive been in for 5 and have all nice equipment, trucks, ect.., ignore them, their will always be a few, on the other hand if you are lying i would say your sorry and move on)

good luck in school and in biz.

SCAG POWER
08-19-2004, 09:34 PM
All he did was get into this sooner than the rest of us.He must have looked around and said why work for some one else and make them rich and well, when i can make my self rich and well of.

Wheni was 13 ,I mowed yards also, but did not have that good of equipment.Just an old toro push mower, and a sears edger, the sears edger got so bad instead of asking if i could edge some ones yard ,I would ask if I could fog for bugs.You should have been there when it started up white smoke every where.

Not much has changed except i came back to mowing yards, and just dragging bigger equipment with me. If i would have done this instead of wasting 16 years in sales , that i cant stand, well.

Best of luck keep that money in a safe place locked up.payup payup payup :sleeping:

Scenic Lawnscape
08-19-2004, 09:40 PM
we all started sometime, the guy has got drive more then alot of people in this world, and he is only 16 with no worrys so sit back and watch mark run with the wind and allow him to look back 10 years from now and laugh at all of you all the way to the bank. oh yeah he does have all that equipment and he cuts my yard now that i got out of the business and he is on time every week and does a good job for the price i pay.

Rich

dukester
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
That much equipment should do a lot more than 48 jobs. My wife and I do 53 with a lot less! 22 are commercial. I don't want anymore jobs. Workmens comp should cost you a quite a pit. Not to mention payments, gas is high. hummm. But the good thing is that if your going to make a mistake you at a great age to do it. I admire your drive but question your parents or whoever is letting you get into so much debt. Good luck

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-20-2004, 01:49 PM
frankly im not sure why all of you guys are bashing on mark so bad...mark has got a lot of drive and thats what it takes to geet by in this industry. does he know everything there is to know about the indusrty? No...does anyone know everything about this industry? no...and if you think you do then you have more to learn then you ever thought you did. Everone in this forum loves what they do obviously or they wouldnt be spending there free time talking about lawn care...i talk to so many companys that just dont care now days, they could care less about the quality of the job they do, they dont try to keep up on the new market trends, they dont even care what goes on in the industry.

Mark reminds me a lot of myself when i was his age...i pulled a 16' trailer w/ a 91 ranger 3.0L a brand new 48" lesco hydro a new 36" lesco hydro and a used 60" dixie chopper....and you know what i only had about half the accounts he had....But my plan was to buy equipment that i knew i wouldnt out grow at least for a couple of years...and guess what guys i know its shocking but i grew into that equipment and then some....

now im 23 years old and have 2 dodge 3/4 tons, a GMC C-6500 5 yrd dump, 2 new dixies, a new lesco 36" hydro walkbehind (another lesson i learned along the way was that simplefying my equipment increased my efficency) and a lot of other toys.

i think you will make it all the way mark....just dont let up and keep your head on your shoulders.

here a pic of my rig when i was 16

if anyone wants to tear into me too then be my guest...

BTW i have meet mark and i can contest to every piece of equpment he says he has is the truth.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-20-2004, 01:51 PM
heres a pic of some of my equipment now so you guys dont think in lying

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-20-2004, 01:52 PM
here are the 2 dixies that we have....

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-20-2004, 01:55 PM
and heres a link to a bunch more pics of our work

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=77345

FrankenScagMachines
08-20-2004, 03:26 PM
How come you guys love to rip on Mark and [previously] Steve (qualitylandscaping) ? I don't remember anyone ever accusing me of lying or faking anything. Then, i started small and was on LS from the beginning so you guys saw me grow. What if i jumped on here now with everything i have and all the work i do, would you then accuse me of lying? I am 17, have all thats listed below, $1 million liability insurance, full coverage on equipment, commercial insurance on the truck, have my DBA (business license), have business bank account so everything is paid into and out of a seperate account for Cutting Edge Lawn Care (one of the best things i ever did, so much more professional and easier). I've got all the mowers used except this year i splurged and got the Ferris on their 36 month finance deal (no down payment, no finance charges, no interest for 36 months and you got 36 equal payments). I'll have it paid off either this year or middle of next year. Everything i have is paid for and I paid cash for everything except the eXmark w/b, but i paid it off pretty quickly after getting it. I have an eye for good deals on stuff, and do my own repairs and maintenance that saves money. Now i'm building my own custom trailer and when i'm done, i'll have probably half or even less of the cost of a new one similarly equipped.

No one has ever questioned the legimate-ness (new word LOL) of my business??? So lay off of these guys, give them a break. Even if someone questioned my biz, I would just ignore them, i got plenty of people who beleive me, the people that it matters to beleive me (anyone on here it don't matter to anyway). A couple of the lawnsite members have seen my stuff, and i've met several of them who'd probably say they'd beleive me even without seeing my stuff. you guys know i post gobs of pics of stuff.

Mark, keep it up man! Red and yellow- well i guess it gets noticed LOL. Hope it all goes well for ya!

Mark Lawncare
08-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I still don't uderstand why some younger people put their age under every post. Are you going to do that when you are 25 or 35?

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-20-2004, 06:30 PM
i think its because they are proud of there age and where they are at for there age

all degree
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
I think the reason that people pick on Mark is b/c he has lied so many times on the site and we are not dumb. I applaud all the young guys that are doing well. I think its great. Lets just be real on this site PERIOD

Trevors Lawn Care
08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by all degree
I think the reason that people pick on Mark is b/c he has lied so many times on the site and we are not dumb. I applaud all the young guys that are doing well. I think its great. Lets just be real on this site PERIOD

. When has he lied? Point some things out...

If any of you have read marks post you would see he asks questions about stuff he is looking at. i recall him asking about gravely 144z, 34z, ferris and several other things. if you read these he says " i am thinking of getting one" or "i was look at the 'so-n-so', what do you guys think". When was he lying?

all you guys raggin on him...you do business a different way. You prolly started with **** for equipment and saved up and bought as you went along and could afford. WELL GUESS WHAT...He, and myself, as well as others, are doing it a different way. I bought all my **** this year, as did mark, and we are paying it off.

We arnt breaking the bank this year, but at least we can get a serious start from the beginning and make loads of $$ next year.

People start differently, i think you (those raggin on him) all are just thinking he is stupid because he is taking a different aproach than yourself.

Take for example me....I could use my craftsman this year, do 20 lawns, and save all my money just to drop it next year on a truck....Then use it again and save the money to buy a commercial mower, then use all that money to buy a bigger trailer and trimmers/blowers. Then start saving all over again....and finally start making $$$ after 3-4 years. But guess what, i dont wanna use a craftsman, and save my money to buy better next year...I wanted to start on top...and grow from there. SOO>...i bought everything you see in my sig. line and guess what...it's all paid for now (except the truck (next month)) and i'm still making money. ALL IN 1 YEAR.

Look at 5starLLC...He made it, doing similar to what mark and myself are doing.

LAY OFF HIM, and all of us teenagers...
and dont even start the bull about us not having the payments you do...thats just smarter on our part for starting before we have to pay for that stuff.

I know i will have a ton of people that agree with me, but then i will have the select few that have been raggin on us the whole time, because they are the insecure ones. They are the ones that like to call us the liers.

Trevor

all degree
08-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Look Trevor he has lied a little and it just annoying. There are tons of examples of this pointed out by multiple people in this post. No one is picking on anyone who is a teenager because of that fact.

I have a great respect for anyone who has the drive to go out and cut lawns full time or part time. Especially younger people that could be sitting home playing Xbox. I did it when I was your age but did not have the guts to go out and buy and that stuff (or the money for that matter). Like I said I respect everyone who does this even my competitors in the area. We all talk, and have different goals, methods and reasons for doing this. I do it part time. I wish I was full time because I love doing it. I found out a long time ago that I could make a better living using my education and working for a company, unfortunately it is not landscaping.

I make enough money that I dont have to do the landscape thing I do it becuase I enjoy it and yes the extra money is nice.

You have had some great post as has 5 star, Eric and a bunch of other really great successful young guys. My hats off to all of you and I hope that if I am ever in MI I see 10 trucks with all kinds of equipment roll by with Trevors Lawn Care on them. It really could happen. Hell I might even ask if you needed help.

Mark just needs to chill out and be real about what he is doing. I respect the kid he has a lot of enthusiasm. I hope that I have a 16 yr old some day that wants a trailer and mower for christmass and not an Xbox.

I think a lot of other people on this site see what I see and were trying to point it out as well. Mark keep you interest level up and remember that getting stuff doesn't make you more successful.

My rule is "Do more with Less" but you should always follow the rules that work for you.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-21-2004, 12:19 PM
do more with less?....what in the kind of moto is that...i guess we all see where it got you....

as i say to all the part timers i encounter

go full time or go home!!!

Trevors Lawn Care
08-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Five Star Lawn Care LLC
do more with less?....what in the kind of moto is that...i guess we all see where it got you....

as i say to all the part timers i encounter

go full time or go home!!!

THERE...AllDegree, you just pointed out your problem. YOUR motto, is do more with less....Obviously not Marks...He wants the right mower for the right job. And that there is why you were busting his balls, because he isnt living by again your motto. I sure as hell am glad i spent the money and have the right mower for the right job, because it saves lots of time.

next time dont hop on the bandwaggon of busting someones balls because they dont do things the way you do. Everyone works differently.

5*-working on going full time...Maybe next year, but guranteed three years.

Trevor

gunner27
08-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Five Star - i realize this has nothing to do with the topic but, what the hell do you mean go full time of go home? i really don't want to turn this into something else so i will just say this. i don't want to go home.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
08-21-2004, 02:24 PM
i was just upset and venting...but it really t's me off that some people think they know everything and try to bash someone who is acctually getting out there and putting everything on the line to try to make a living.

my views...dont want to start some big war

RedWingsDet
08-22-2004, 08:40 AM
thanks guys who support me.

anyway, i read someone said "you dont use all your equipment everyweek" and your right, i dont use my 36, havent even used it sense i bought it. just sits on the trailer and only start it up to move it around. i was going to sell it, but im going to keep it because i got a good deal on it, and it may come in handy in the years to come....

another thing, reason i am getting all this equipment now is because, 1. right tool for the right job makes all the difference in the world. 2. i dont have as many bills as people who are 20+ living by themselves, where as i just have a few and no house payment or utilities or anything like that so i want to buy my equipment while im young and dont have as many bills to pay.

thanks rich, both eric's, trevor, and everyone else who supports me.

all degree
08-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Let me just point out that I am part time by choice. I have a very lucrative job that would be tough to replace. When I say do less with more it doesnt mean dont use comercial eq. it just means dont have 5 mowers and only use two. That gets you nowhere. I think if you look at your posts (trevor) you are always the one who has to put **** like you are cursing. You are the one that has all sorts of anger issues.

Like I said before and was ignored. Good luck to all people on this site I respect that fact that you come home almost everyday with grass stuck to you...

gunner27
08-22-2004, 10:35 PM
i am also part time by choice. i went off the topic for a minute just by a post that i didn't like. back to mark. i think it is a bunch of B.S. that he has to post pictures of his stuff to make some of you guys believe him. i think some of you guys are pissed because some of the young guys and the part timers are making more money than you. ??

Trevors Lawn Care
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Let me just point out that I am part time by choice. I have a very lucrative job that would be tough to replace. When I say do less with more it doesnt mean dont use comercial eq. it just means dont have 5 mowers and only use two. That gets you nowhere. I think if you look at your posts (trevor) you are always the one who has to put **** like you are cursing. You are the one that has all sorts of anger issues.

Like I said before and was ignored. Good luck to all people on this site I respect that fact that you come home almost everyday with grass stuck to you...

LMAO.

Thanks for the anger management Larry. I think thats funny you got me all figured out. I am going to go get that figured out, and checked out by the therapist.

Haha..Almost as good as a BG post.

Trevor

Scenic Lawnscape
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
damn, Mark is just happy to show off his stuff, he is a young guy with some new toys nothing wrong with being proud of what you have and nothing wrong with showing it off sounds to me some people dont like when a young guys is doing good for himself maybe just maybe he is doing better then some guys twice his age......:cry:

Trevors Lawn Care
08-22-2004, 11:51 PM

its time for you to give up your fight. The posts bashing mark and myself went from like 4 bad to 1 good, to know like 4 good posts, to your 1 post. Give it up therapist.

Trevor

chevyman1
08-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Mark, go back to school already

all degree
08-23-2004, 08:44 AM
You have had some great post as has 5 star, Eric and a bunch of other really great successful young guys. My hats off to all of you and I hope that if I am ever in MI I see 10 trucks with all kinds of equipment roll by with Trevors Lawn Care on them. It really could happen. Hell I might even ask if you needed help.

Trevor this was a couple pages ago. So as you can see I am with all the young guys not against them. I think you have misunderstood what I was getting at.

Outdoor Services
08-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Better hope it snows enough every time to have a snow day from school there Mark!:cry:

Outdoor Services
08-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Sorry-Couldn't resist, just remembering the days when it snowed all day when I was in school. Then I could hardly wait for the day to end so I could ride shoot gun in Dad's plow truck!

Best of luck Mark, and keep working hard!

Mike

Trevors Lawn Care
08-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Outdoor Services
Sorry-Couldn't resist, just remembering the days when it snowed all day when I was in school. Then I could hardly wait for the day to end so I could ride shoot gun in Dad's plow truck!

Best of luck Mark, and keep working hard!

Mike

Outdoor, is your business name North Oakland Outdoor?

Trevor

RedWingsDet
08-26-2004, 04:45 PM
heres a pic of the dixie with the 48 on the trailer

RedWingsDet
08-26-2004, 04:46 PM
another of the dixie. its sweet, only thing that i dont like about it is that it doesnt have a lever by the control arm to move the deck, its not a big deal having to lean over to lift the pin of the teeth up to lower the deck, just a pain after doing it abunch of times

chevyman1
08-27-2004, 08:36 AM
that's what the foot pedal is for, nice try dude

RedWingsDet
08-27-2004, 05:15 PM
no **** i know thats what the foot pedal is for. but im saying, is there a lever i can get so i can lower it by pushing the pedal then using a homeade lever so i dont have to leanover to get the male teeth out of the female teeth?

what i do now is, leanover, push the footpedal up with my foot, move the teeth with my hand to tooth 4 then release the pedal and it drops down. then just push the pedal to raise it up... but im saying, is there anykind of lever i can make or someone has made to reflect the pedal?

PMLAWN
08-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Hay Chevyman--can the kid do anything right by you? It seems like anything he says, you give him s***. If he bothers you so much don't read the thread any more. Just a thought.

RedWingsDet
08-27-2004, 05:25 PM
its really hard to explain. doesnt really matter anyway, it would just be a nice luxury.

RedWingsDet
08-27-2004, 05:26 PM
heres a pic of the side gate i just got back from my buddy who welded the mesh to the gate and added some more supports to it. still have to coat it with paint again... you can also see the 2 salt spreaders in the pic.

RedWingsDet
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
heres a pic of the 3 stihls and shindy

RedWingsDet
08-27-2004, 05:29 PM
and here is a pic of an 5yr old bryant air conditioner. it works great, but to big for the house, actually WAYYYY to big for the house. anyone who wants to buy it can have it for $900. obvisouly worth alot more then that. theres a plastic chair next to it so you can have something to compare its size to.

gramps
08-27-2004, 05:45 PM
and here is a pic of an 5yr old bryant air conditioner. it works great, but to big for the house, actually WAYYYY to big for the house. anyone who wants to buy it can have it for $900. obvisouly worth alot more then that. theres a plastic chair next to it so you can have something to compare its size to.
:angry:

gramps
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by gramps
:angry: I want the chair.:rolleyes:

Outdoor Services
08-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Mark,
Do you know how many ton the a/c unit is? I may be intereset in it for one of my rental homes. It would be used for a 1200 sq' tri-level home. Does it work, and if so are you using it now?
Let me know, PM me with the particulars...
Thanks,
Mike

MMLawn
08-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Looks like a 2.5 ton by the compressor unit. It should hang icicles from a 1200 sq footer.:D

chevyman1
08-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Great job kid, you are bound to do well for yourself. If someone knocks at the door, pray it's not the IRS! haha