PDA

View Full Version : What were they thinking?

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
(this is a story that I already told you tonight on the phone dcondon)

Ok, this is a property that I haven't mowed for 4 weeks, yup four weeks. Well, today I arrive at the neighbors to mow, in which she waters her lawn, and as I unload and start to mow I notice little white things on the sidewalk and in the lawn of this property.

I think to myself, "No way, they didn't."

So I travel to the found of the building and sure enough a sign with todays date on it, TruGreen decided to fertilize this lawn. What were they thinking?:eek:

osc
08-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Production and profitability.

GrassBustersLawn
08-11-2004, 09:24 PM
I second OSC.

They sold the account. Gonna apply the product no matter what!

Mike

Runner
08-11-2004, 09:29 PM
They set their spreaders on 2, throw down a few granules, and then tell the customer. "We applied something that is going to help it come out of the droughtlike conditions." It's all a bunch of bologna!

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 09:50 PM
TGCL can think?
Glad to hear your getting a bit of wet stuff,hope there's more to come..................

Green&Growing
08-11-2004, 09:59 PM
I worked for Tru Green, they claim applying a granular Fert. in dry conditions won't burn the lawn. It won't "activate" until it gets wet. That way they can put down applications no matter what the condition.

Now when it burns the lawn up watch out. They are gonna tell the customer that you are mowing to short, not their fault! With the fancy brochures and professional sales staff they will probably convince the customer they are right.....I'm so glad I quit that company.

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm really starting to dislike TGCL. Every lawn I do that they fertilize looks like utter crap. All my other lawns are just fine so I know it's not me....What gives?

lawnman_scott
08-11-2004, 10:14 PM
I now understand why you guys up there are concerned about missed cuts if that has been four weeks. I wouldnt want it cut either.