PDA

View Full Version : I cant work that late

lawnman_scott
08-11-2004, 10:22 PM
The employee told the boss today what hours and days he can and cant work. The boss put an add in the paper looking for a new employee. Who do they think they are?

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 10:25 PM
How late is too late?
What days wouldn't he work?

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 10:30 PM
I had a guy like where he had to take his younger brother to drivers training everyday at 1pm. I told the guy forget it, I can't stop in a middle of a job just to get you back to the shop for you can take care of your brother. And this guy was whinning because he wasn't getting any hours

HOOLIE
08-11-2004, 10:31 PM
I dunno... Who are they?

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
And this guy was whinning because he wasn't getting any hours That's the part that really kills me.... I had one guy like that, he was always asking for extra hours but then he would never work them, needless to say he's somewhere else other then here.

lawnman_scott
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Late is 6:00. And likewise he is complaining about not enough money or hours. I tell in no umcertain terms, long long hours in summer. Did I say LONG.

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
Did I say LONG. :D :D :D :D :D :D

dvmcmrhp52
08-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by lawnman_scott
Late is 6:00. And likewise he is complaining about not enough money or hours. I tell in no umcertain terms, long long hours in summer. Did I say LONG.

I dunno,did you say Looonnnng?:D

6:00?

How's midnight sound?

RedWingsDet
08-12-2004, 12:06 AM
when school starts i cut from 3:30pm until 9pm. that was when i had about 25 accounts and i got all those done on a thursday and friday.

but now that i have around 48 accounts and school is starting back up in a few weeks, i have another trailer and a ZTR Dixie i can run 2 crews once i get my new/used truck in a few weeks. so that way i can get everything done and have time for school. school comes first, IMO and most of ours (i hope).

but these past 5 weeks weve been working 7 days a week 7am until i feel like weve done enough for the day. yesterday we worked until about 6:30pm today we worked until 3pm. but working 7 days a week like this is starting to get to me, i havent had anytime to enjoy my summer, and school is starting in about 2 or 3 weeks, so once i get this job ive been working on for the past few weeks done ill hopefully take a break and go to cedar point on a monday and tuesday. and then take the weds off and cut thurs and fri. this job will most likley be my last landscape install of the year because i wont have enought time to do landscape work when school starts up, ill only be able to cut when it starts...

wow sorry for this big post lol

Up North
08-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Premier,
If the hours are getting to you then cut back. Here's the deal, you are 16 years old, enjoy some of the things a kid should be enjoying at this age. I completely respect the fact that you may have built a nice business, but why not do it a couple years from now? I read a post somewhere on here where you just bought a new trailer & Dixie Chopper and some other stuff to add another crew. Maybe consider cutting back and selling some equipment instead of adding. Buying more equipment to employ another crew just means having to find more work to keep them busy and pay for your equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I commend you on the fact you are willing to go out and bust butt to make $$, but don't forget to live a little too. There will come a time when you grow up that you will probably look back and wish you had spent some time with your buddies on a canoe trip, camping, or had time to play baseball, football or whatever. You only get one chance to be a kid, you will have many opportunities to be a big business owner.

Buck

jbell113
08-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Up North
Premier,
If the hours are getting to you then cut back. Here's the deal, you are 16 years old, enjoy some of the things a kid should be enjoying at this age. I completely respect the fact that you may have built a nice business, but why not do it a couple years from now? I read a post somewhere on here where you just bought a new trailer & Dixie Chopper and some other stuff to add another crew. Maybe consider cutting back and selling some equipment instead of adding. Buying more equipment to employ another crew just means having to find more work to keep them busy and pay for your equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I commend you on the fact you are willing to go out and bust butt to make $$, but don't forget to live a little too. There will come a time when you grow up that you will probably look back and wish you had spent some time with your buddies on a canoe trip, camping, or had time to play baseball, football or whatever. You only get one chance to be a kid, you will have many opportunities to be a big business owner.

Buck ditto on this bro My teenage yrs r some of the best memories I have like he said my buddies and me were camping ,hiking,biking and partying if I could go back I wouldnt change a thing.