PDA

View Full Version : Lady cussed me out for not respecting day sleepers

Royalslover
08-11-2004, 11:33 PM
I mow apartments two days a week. Yesterday this lady comes out and asks me to come back later because her ex husband sleeps during the day. I told her I can't. She went off on me about how I should respect those that sleep during the day.

dishboy
08-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Royalslover
I mow apartments two days a week. Yesterday this lady comes out and asks me to come back later because her ex husband sleeps during the day. I told her I can't. She went off on me about how I should respect those that sleep during the day.

Ok ' so how does 2:00 a.m. sound.

HOOLIE
08-11-2004, 11:39 PM
How touching that she's still willing to go to bat for her ex-husband...

tiedeman
08-11-2004, 11:43 PM
I would have said the same thing, well, we have 2pm or 2am

EastProLawn
08-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by dishboy
Ok ' so how does 2:00 a.m. sound. That's exactly what I would have said to her...

txlawnking
08-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Waaaaa:cry: I'd have said, " Don't worry, I won't lose any sleep over it!!! " :D Some people just don't get it.. We gotta eat too....

venecular
08-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Tell her if she is concerned about privacy to buy a house

HighGrass
08-12-2004, 01:19 AM
"Your X-husband?" "Does his girlfriend keep him up all night?"

See what she says then!

Ryan Lightning
08-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Bring her some ear plugs next week. :)

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by HighGrass

See what she says then!

ouch...burn!!!:p

Cod
08-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by HighGrass

See what she says then!
Sounds like something my smartass would say...

LwnmwrMan22
08-12-2004, 06:05 AM
I've had townhomes complain when we plow at 2 am in the morning so they can all get out to work. Then they complain if you don't plow until 10 am because they can't all get out to work.

Stupid stupid people.

SWD
08-12-2004, 06:36 AM
What I do in situations like this that seems to work is:
-nod my head sympathetically
-smile
-then say words to the effect that what she wants will cost the apartment complex extra (meaning I have to make a special return trip)
-get her request in writing, bill the apartment complex for the special trip.

I have done this several times and it always works because the apt people tend to charge the complainer due to their special request. Once this gets around the apt complex, no more complainers.

GeeVee
08-12-2004, 07:52 AM
How in the heck are we supposed to know that there are third shifters sleeping?

Every third shifter I know has plenty of compensatory mechanisms in place so they can get their rest.

Like giving the homes by the airport to deaf people, lets make all third shifters live in the same neighborhood. ......

ikesleeping
08-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Like giving the homes by the airport to deaf people, lets make all third shifters live in the same neighborhood. ......
While we're at it, lets have all old folks over 65 take a driving test every year, all LCO"S live in the same area,and every body who doesnt agree with me ,mute! Just a thought

gvandora
08-12-2004, 09:37 AM
I do like the idea of giving deaf people homes near the airport. They have always bothered me.....

meathead1134
08-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Ok ' so how does 2:00 a.m. sound. <---------------funny I'd bring here some ear plugs if it was me

Remsen1
08-12-2004, 10:52 AM
I've found that most people that sleep during the day could sleep through an avalanche. I'd empathize, but ask her to understand that I have to mow sometime and that this is the best time, in my schedule, for the complex as a whole.

pwarren4
08-12-2004, 10:59 AM
I have a yard where the guy that lives there is probably near retirement but still works nights. The first time I mowed is yard it was at 9am on Sat. He came out and met me, he was real polite, but I could tell I had just woke him up and he hadn't been asleep for long. Anyways, I always make sure to never be there before noon now. I think of this as a basic consideration.

BTW - I never talked to him about setting up the lawn mow arrangement, just his wife. Never could have known beforehand.

l1011100
08-12-2004, 11:12 AM
I worked 2nd and 3rd shift for 9 years. One thing about night shifters, your tired alot of the time and, you can usually sleep thru anything, if you do happen to wake up you usually can get back to sleep pretty quickly. If a mower wakes me up I want to get up and see what kind it is, if the phone rings I usually ignore it because its usually a telemarketer, I either hang up or ask for a number I can reach them on my lunch break at 3am.

All in all,
1. If the lady was concerned about her ex, why is he her ex?
2. If you work night shift you know the rest of the world cant stop so you can sleep, so you sleep a little harder.

Royalslover
08-12-2004, 11:13 PM
I told her I'd try to come after two in the future. That wasn't enough. I told her to tell her ex to talk to me since she clearly wasn't in the mood for reason. She just stormed off and said she's going to talk to the manager.
A long time ago I was mowing a residential yard and this kid comes out and said his dad wanted to know if I could come back later because he was on an important phone call. Like an idiot I did. I should have loaded up and never came back.

chuckers
08-12-2004, 11:36 PM
ok people just get it in your mind that... you are always going to upset someone and they can get over it just keep on doing your thing...

JimLewis
08-13-2004, 03:00 AM
You know what? I am SICK AND FREAKING TIRED OF DAY SLEEPERS WHINING!!! I get a call once or twice a year from some whiny-a$$ day sleeper who expects the rest of the world to change their schedules and "quiet down" so he can sleep at 2:00 p.m.

Not only do I have ZERO SYMPATHY for them. I am actually offended that they even have the gall to complain about it.

I don't care what your situation is - but if you sleep during the day that's a CHOICE! You are purposely chosing to live a lifestyle that is contrary to how 99.9% of the rest of society does things. And then you expect the other 99.9% to change to fit your needs??? That's the ultimate in selfishness!

That's like Monica Lewinsky asking Cigar companies to start making "ribbed" cigars. "Sorry, Monica! Most people don't use cigars that way!"

Sorry to go off. You just hit my hot button. I can't stand it when I get those whiny sissies calling me because we're waking them up at 2:00 p.m. because we're mowing next door. I just wanna tell them, "Oh you're right! What ever was I thinking sending my mowing crew to mow a lawn on a hot summer afternoon!?! Who would ever do such a thing? How thoughtless of me! CLICK!"

Arrgghhh!!! Now I gotta go check my blood pressure.........

Royalslover
08-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Woooo Jim, thats about the maddest I've ever seen you.

A.J.'s Lawn Service
08-13-2004, 07:36 PM
i have this one guy who would come out and yell at me all the time for blowing grass in his yard so now i dont even stop and keep the work tunes on.

barringtonbrothers
08-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeah I this neighbor of a customer of mine would always come out and make up stuff to yell at me about an I would just stare at her cause if I said any thing my temper would get in there. A couple time of this and the next time she came out I just reved up the ol blower and said what I cant hear you? and kept working lol. Needless to say she got the point and hasnt bothered me since.

odin
08-13-2004, 10:35 PM
my dad who's passed away now ..worked the thrid shift at gm plants for quite a few years......you wouldnt get a call from him if a mower woke him up .....you'de get 6 foot 7 290 lbs beating your ass.

jbell113
08-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I would have told her the apartment complex set that time up for me to mow.

Racer99
08-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Let her mow your properties!