PDA

View Full Version : What do you do ?

EastProLawn
08-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Other than vacations what do some of you guys do to unwind or relax after a long day, week, or month of lawn work...

I take a swim in the pool every so often or go out with the wife and some friends for some drinks or if times permits I'll do some training in the dojo. What are some of things you guys do ?

HOOLIE
08-12-2004, 12:05 AM
No one thing in particular, I don't have as much time for hobbies as I used to (funny, I thought owning a business would "free up" time for those things). In general, I just like to stay up a little later than the wife and kids, get in some quiet time.

MudslinginFX4
08-12-2004, 12:06 AM
I also enjoy the pool every so often, run a little if time permits, but mostly it's school and work for me.

EastProLawn
08-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by HOOLIE
I don't have as much time for hobbies as I used to (funny, I thought owning a business would "free up" time for those things). I agree. Funny how things have a way of turning out the complete opposite of what you intended.....

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
what do I do....get fat

txlawnking
08-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Chill in the redneck kiddie pool with my kids, I sold all of my toys a few years ago... ( Sob sob..)

NC Scaper
08-12-2004, 01:31 AM
I more than likely relax or go ride the fourwheeler trails

Cod
08-12-2004, 01:58 AM
I own a motorcycle (crotch rocket), so at the end of the day, I fire it up and head out on the roads for awhile with some buddies. We usually do that every day after work since most of us get off work around the same time. Then on weekends, I do what a college kid is supposed to......drink and party. Sunday is a day of laziness; then it's back to school and work on Monday morning.

PMLAWN
08-12-2004, 03:15 AM
Might sound dumb but I cut grass to relax.
I'm on my HOA board and my Church council, and Asst. Scoutmaster for my kids troop. 2 kids-11 & 12- and the wife at home every night.... I love to go to work and get away.
Weekends are for play. I live on a lake so we do a lot of boating and we have a motorhome so we do a lot of camping and about once a month I go on a Boyscout campout or hike.
By the way, anybody want to buy a not used enough motorhome!

Matts Mowing
08-12-2004, 03:37 AM
I spend time out in my new boat and spend time with the family.

Itsgottobegreen
08-12-2004, 09:08 AM
I tinker in my shop. I restore old John deere garden tractors and Locke reel mowers. The hours of think time on the mower gives me ideas for new landscaping equipment. So I usally end up building it in my free time.

When I have the time I go camping (hasn't happened this year yet), fishing, sailing, etc. Sometimes cut my lawn with one of my 17 differen't lawn mowers I have so I don't feel like I am at work.

meathead1134
08-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Me relax thats funny!!! I work full time, run my own business part time, go to school part time, and planning my wedding in the next two weeks. Some where in their I need to sleep and eat and spend time with future wife.:o :o

One of these days it will be running my own business full time I can't wait

Randy Scott
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Yesterday, we all took the day off and went to the Great America theme park, rode the coasters, and just had a blast. We all had a great time and was my way of saying thanks and a good mid-season break.

geogunn
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I find drinking beer to be quite therapeutic.

GEO

BSDeality
08-12-2004, 10:03 AM
i'm with geo on this one ;) the only problem is that as a college student i'm now a professional beer drinker and its like drinking water. If i want to really relax i have some jack, jim or johnny

as far as activities, boatin and sitting poolside on a hot day are way up there.

ofishil
08-12-2004, 10:05 AM
fish 3-4 times a week. when theres surf go surfing. when neither arent going to happen sometimes i say screw it and take a 5 hour nap

FreshCuts
08-12-2004, 10:12 AM
This is what I do to relax and enjoy life.

http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=255501

Remsen1
08-12-2004, 10:42 AM
I race NASCAR online at night before bed, just about every night. Once a week I play basketball with a bunch of friends.
In the fall I hunt and watch football when I can.
In the winter we snowmobile.

Stripe This
08-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Windmill Fastpitch Softball and the gym...keeps me busy when I'm not working.