PDA

View Full Version : help pick the right mower

Doc_77
08-12-2004, 02:02 PM
i have been looking at the wright stander 36 and super surfer 36, I'm not sure what one to get.
these 2 mowers seem perfect for me. i cut only small yards with fences and lots of small areas where backing up is needed.
anyway if any one has opinions on these or have used them i would love to hear some comments .
i was also looking at some hydro 36 walk behinds but i can't decide what i should get.

also are buntons any good ??? my dealer seems bent on selling me one for more then an exmark turf tracer HP !!!
at least i got a good laugh when he claimed they cut better then exmark :P

TClawn
08-12-2004, 02:12 PM
I've heard there are problems getting parts for the great dane so unless you have a really good dealer i would not even consider it.

I have only heard good things about the wright stander but have never owned one.

the turf tracer hp is a pretty good unit but the stander will have more manueverablity in tight areas then the turf tracer.

buntons are a piece of junk in my opinion.
remember your machine is only as good as the dealer servicing it.
and demo demo demo!

Doc_77
08-12-2004, 02:18 PM
err sorry i messed up on the turf tracer HP it was the viking hydro.

i heard it was hard getting parts for the great dane. thats why I'm a little worried about getting it. i have a wright dealer 5 minutes from me. but i do not trust them at ALL !!!
especially after he said he was going to add 8% to the price of the mower when i told him i was paying with a credit card. :angry:

TClawn
08-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I would run from that dealer as fast as my legs would carry me!
he sounds like he would be nothing but problems for you if anything ever broke.

I don't know much about the viking so I can't help there.

clay duncan
08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
take a close look at the 36 wright velke mower. it will go anywhere, up anything and i think it mows better than our 48 turf tracer exmark. dealers have to pay a % of total cost on that credit card but 8% sounds high.......

Doc_77
08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
dealers have to pay a % of total cost on that credit card but 8% sounds high.......

ya i know they do . from what i understand 2% is the norm that credit card CO's charge. but when he said 8 , it made me think he is trying to rip me off.

anyway, bumping this up because I'm at a loss . i don't know what mower i should get and i would rather listen to the people here that know , then a dealer trying to sell me something :)

txlawnking
08-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Doc, that's affirmative on the Dane parts availability.. I have had trouble getting some for mine.... As for the Wright.. It looks like a good machine, but again, you couldn't PAY ME to buy from my local Wright dealer, He sux... And refused to let me demo the machine properly... Go to Wright's web site and see if there is another dealer for them nearby... IT's too bad that Deere doesn't Make the Quick Trak in a 36"... That would be nice....

ed2hess
08-12-2004, 06:06 PM
We use 2 36" Snapper Hydro and 1 36" Scag Hydro for our small yards. We had a demo Great Dane for a week and we didn't see any reason for changing...we are getting another Scag. One problem is low tree limbs and sharping the blades is more difficult on the Great Dane. For both Scag and Snapper we get parts in 3 days.

dvmcmrhp52
08-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Doc_77

also are buntons any good ??? my dealer seems bent on selling me one for more then an exmark turf tracer HP !!!
at least i got a good laugh when he claimed they cut better then exmark :P [/B]

So why not an Exmark?

dishboy
08-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Exmark 36 TTHP and the mulch lit and stripping roller work great, Excellent cut, and excellent wet grass bagging.

Doc_77
08-12-2004, 10:11 PM
thx for the replies every one ... i am thinking about exmark. I'm not sure the exact price but i believe it is a little more then the standers. also the exmark dealers are kind of far from me. wright, gravely great dane and huskavarna ??? dealers are all about 5 minutes away.