PDA

View Full Version : Blade Rod--wont stay attached!

proenterprises
08-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Maybe im just a total idiot, but on my "new" walkbehind, the blade engagement rod, which attaches to the bottom of the level arm and the other end to start the belt on the deck wont stay attached.

I have no idea what part I need or what the problem is, but it uis driving me crazy.

Can anyone help?

riches139
08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Take it back to the dealer if it's under warranty. If not, dealer should have breakdown on mower for parts.

geogunn
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
your description of the problem is vague.

why wont it stay attached?

does a nut keep coming off?

does a shaft pin keep sliding out?

is the attachment thing broken?

some detail on why it becomes dis-attached would help so that we can tell you what you need....

GEO :confused:

proenterprises
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
geo, their is no nut, pin screw or bolt that is missing, otherwise i would know how to fix it (im not a total moron lol)

the end of the lever contains a small ball and their is a opposite cavity in the rod. they fit nicely inside one another however they dont stay.

does this help?

geogunn
08-12-2004, 04:30 PM
proent... --yes...that helps. it sounds as though one or both of the pieces are worn.

determine this by seeing if they simply slip away from each other, which sounds like whats happening.

the worn piece(s) should be replaced...OR...perhaps the edge of the cup piece can be PIENED into holding with a little more surface area.

personally, I believe those joints should get a drop of lube from time to time.

good luck.

GEO

specialtylc
08-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Some types are just a friction fit that holds it together. And some have a wire bail that holds the ball in the socket. Look and see if there is a couple of little holes in the socket.