PDA

View Full Version : what do you do?

HOLLYWOOD6973
08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
what do you guys do when you don't finish your lawns by Friday because of rain and you have something to do on Saturday. like a wedding

BladesAway
08-12-2004, 04:18 PM
I always try to get out of weddings. Sounds like a good reason to me. You can always talk to the customers and put off whoever agrees to it otherwise have a great day mowing on saturday.

Littleriver1
08-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Get your butt over there a cut that grass baby. The only thing a customer dislikes more than you not being there on time is, not seeing a simle on your face.

Littleriver1
08-12-2004, 05:01 PM
You didn't say who's wedding. If it's yours take the best man with you to cut grass so you get done early. If your the best man take the bride to be with you.

Lawn Dog2001
08-12-2004, 06:55 PM
What time is your wedding? Any chances of working in the morning and attending the wedding in the afternoon?

Or use this as an excuse to skip the ceremony and head straight to the reception after work. That way you can skip the boring stuff and head staright for the booze.

grassyfras
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Theres nothing u can do then tell your customers and do it sunday

dcondon
08-12-2004, 07:14 PM
mowing the day after you go to a wedding:confused: OUCH!!!lol

dvmcmrhp52
08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by HOLLYWOOD6973
what do you guys do when you don't finish your lawns by Friday because of rain and you have something to do on Saturday. like a wedding

The wedding waits........................
Or run on sunday.
You can cut till it's time for the wedding and cut sunday or monday to recuop. Depends how lenient your customers are.
We will be cutting on saturday because it is supposed to rain a good bit on friday(tommorow)
I've got plans for saturday that were made a bit ago but guess what? The plans will wait a few hours till the cutting is finished.
It sucks sometimes but it's part of being in a seasonal business.

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 07:53 PM
try to get some work in before the wedding, and after the wedding

LB Landscaping
08-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Call the customers explain and see how they feel, mow before/after the wedding if possible, Sunday if people don't mind.

HOLLYWOOD6973
08-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the reply's I have to be a the church at noon cause I'm in the wedding. also have the rehearsal dinner Friday night.

Avery
08-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Unless it was my wedding I would skip it and work. Attending weddings does not pay too well.... :)

Fescue Farmer
08-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Good Grief Fella's! Some of you act like the sun won't come up if the grass doesn't get mowed. The poor boy is IN the wedding! On average we get 36 cuts a year in East TN; multiply that times ...lets say 70 years (an average lifespan) = 2,520 cuts per lifetime versus 1 wedding (hopefully) in a lifetime.

I understand that if we don't mow, we don't eat, but gee whiz, life does not come to a crashing halt if someones grass does not get mowed. Lighten up Boys!

Hollywood - go and enjoy yourself at the wedding!!!!!!!