PDA

View Full Version : No License!

WoodBrothersLC
08-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Thinking about offering fertilizer programs to our customers next year, and was wondering if you needed to have a license in Kansas to spread only fertilizer (not weed/feed, etc,) Thanks for any help!

James Cormier
08-12-2004, 08:26 PM
imo, I think offering a " fert only " program will not get you very far.

Once customers find out they will have weeds, insects and problems with out the proper use of pesticides they will ask you to take care of it or get someone else.

I would suggest getting licensed, and learn the trade the right way, or find a local company to sub out your work and you can make some money without doing the work yourself.

airtractrdrivr
08-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Get licensed and do it right! Kansas' applicator's testing is not that hard. James is right, a fert. only program is not going to do much for you. Might as well get the license and THEN, if you WANT, you can offer a few more services. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

robertsturf
08-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Why would you not get the "License" IT IS NOT THAT HARD. Missouri is harder and I passed it on the first time. Besides you need liability insurance to apply anything and most companies won't cover you unless your are licensed. Take the test!

WoodBrothersLC
08-12-2004, 11:52 PM
We aren't old enough to get a license (14 and 16 y/o). I guess we will have to think over that idea

jajwrigh
08-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Everything will be so much easier if you just do it right the first time!