PDA

View Full Version : I told you Derrick

tiedeman
08-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Derrick wait til you hear this;

Ok, so this past spring I ordered an extended (pole) hedge trimmer from my dealer. I remember that he had one in stock last fall (approx $399) and I almost bought it but I changed my mind.

Well, this past April when I ordered it he told me it would cost $499 with tax. I was kind of floored since last year the model was $100 bucks cheaper. But I said fine, whatever, just order it.

I waited and waited for the order to come in. I thought that I would get a phone call any day. Well, weeks turned into months and it wasn't until June I saw it sitting in a box on the floor by the rest of the 2-cycle equipment. So I thought to myself,"Well, I am not going to say anything, I will wait to see whether he is going to tell me that it is in."

So it sat there in the box through June and July. So I go into the dealer today to buy me another hedge trimmer (the one in the thread) and I noticed that the extended (pole) hedge trimmer is out of the box with a price tag of $350 on it. Am I lucky or am I lucky. I told you Derrick that if I waited I would get it for $300 to $350.

Now, I just have to wait it out until the fall, and hope that it is still there for he will give me a better deal on it compared to the sticker price.

dcondon
08-12-2004, 09:44 PM
that's funny:D , YUP it all fits now. Wait till Wriken reads this one:eek:

steve122
08-12-2004, 11:55 PM
If you were willingto pay $399 this spring, price went up t 499 and now is $350, aren't you gambling you'll lose it to someone else and be looking at 499 again?

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 01:13 AM
I thought about that. BUt I lost the other one (the one I looked at last fall) this spring. So I figure that I have a good chance that it will still be around

dcondon
08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
I think the one you was looking at last fall we picked up:p lol

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by dcondon
I think the one you was looking at last fall we picked up:p lol

I knew it!!!!!!!!!