PDA

View Full Version : Raptor blades.....

txlawnking
08-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Well, I finally got all of my Raptor blades in.. Took me a month ( I'm NOT kidding ) to get all three in.. ( I got 2 within a week, and had to wait 3 more weeks to get the last one!!!! ) :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

So here is my experience with them.

By them selves... No difference over the stock high lifts...

Buuut, doubled with the stock high lifts.. They became the magical grass decapitator's Tonyr brags about so much!!!!

All I can say is awesome.. They are the saving grace of my Surfer.. Thanks Tony.. They were worth the wait ( almost )

Any body know where I can get them consistently with NO BS involved.. I think I may get another set..:cool:

Tonyr
08-12-2004, 10:42 PM
magical grass decapitator's ....

HA, HA Too Funny!

Glad you are happy with em, because I mow shorter over 'ere than you guys I get better results, but for a mulching blade they are pretty good. I reckon they are the ducks nutz actually!

Who did you get them off?

I made my 1st enquiry through stens, they can help you with no bs supplies, a month eh, I've been waitin' since febuary for gator magnums, they will probably be shocked even if I say sorry, at least supply in the same season! LOL!

Service isn't a priority to some companies...

avagoodone!

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Tony, I bought them off of my local Dane dealer. After I did a search online and basically came up goose eggs.. I'm discharging with them, and they really do chop the clippings up into little bitty pieces.. However, they still don't throw the clippings 20' like I've heard others say..The double high lifts did both, but bogged my machine big time.. I NEED 27 hp in the worst way......I'm really considering selling my machine and getting the z500 27/52".. My local Landpride ( undercover Hustler ) dealer is selling Toro now too... Hooray!

Tonyr
08-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Mate! Now ya talkin sense, Toro Z500, yeeeehahh!

Go for the top mate, Z588E, a mower with testicles!

Read my sig file mate, all true!!

Not sure about the 52's, I have heard better feedback fron 60'' owners than 52's....

On a 60'' deck, Raptors work great, excellent grass decapitators as ya say! I use em for side discharging, I just close the baffle, yeah, the adjustable baffle others haven't got, lol, and I get a better cleaner cut than any other, not as fast in heavy stuff as highlifts obviously, but that's ok to me.

The Toro 52'', is it exactly the same as a 60'' only a bit smaller, or are there differences?

I dunno, because over 'ere where the Bears are bad we don't have them, only man mowers here LOL!

Ahhh, don't ya love Friday nights!

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Tony, I'm not sure on the performance, but the dealer is gonna have a 52 here soon for a demo....

spcfoor
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
I am going to ask a dumb question. When you say you run doubles do you mean you put both the high lifts and the raptors on top of each other?

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Spc, yes, thats exactly what I'm running now. Stock hi lifts on bottom, Raptors on top with one of the washers removed. ( there are three on my machine, to adjust height and to position the blades higher or lower in relation to the deck.. Higher= better vaccum effect, Lower= better cut with more blow out.. I deal with the blowout. )...

The cut is even prettier with the Raptors, and the machine doesn't bog with them doubled with the hi lifts like it did with double high lifts... They also makes an absoluetly beautiful almost Turbine like sound with the Kohler turning 4000 rpm......

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 12:20 PM
And I'd still love to know some where I can get these blades without a lot of waiting or Hassle... Anybody know???:confused: