PDA

View Full Version : Leaf box plan

1grnlwn
08-13-2004, 12:13 AM
I have a 14' dump trailer and I am planning 4' sides for a total of 6'. Think it will be big enough? I don't know where to mount the loader but I am considering the front. Not sure about brand of loader either. Trailer is 16000 gvw.

FrankenScagMachines
08-13-2004, 12:20 AM
That'll be 18.6 cubic yard box, if trailer is 6' wide. Nice! Tongue mount keeps it out of way when dumping but rear mount means you can back up close to piles. I think either would work well if a rear mount was swing-away design for fast dumping.

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 12:23 AM
ask wriken about his setup. Very nice...I will look for some pics of it

vipermanz
08-13-2004, 03:17 AM
you going to tig together some aluminum 1grn??

1grnlwn
08-13-2004, 08:13 AM
No I sorta gave up playing with Aluminum when I blew a breaker this spring. Only have 20 A. in garage. Bought a thirty but Alum is sorta PITA will revisit this winter. But I do plan to use steel. 18 gage sides with 1.5" stakes. Need to start designing and get materials ordered.

Meg-Mo
08-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Put the MEG MO blades on your mower and you do not need to build box. I did what you are thinking and now we don't use it.

outsidepride
08-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by 1grnlwn
I have a 14' dump trailer and I am planning 4' sides for a total of 6'. Think it will be big enough? I don't know where to mount the loader but I am considering the front. Not sure about brand of loader either. Trailer is 16000 gvw.

My is 18 ft and i mounted the 16 HP billy goat loader on the front works great.

chevyman1
08-13-2004, 08:47 AM
build the trailer, and use the mulching gator blades first man, that's what everyone does around here

1grnlwn
08-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Outside I remember that picture. That is one serious trailer. You must have a big truck.

outsidepride
08-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 1grnlwn
Outside I remember that picture. That is one serious trailer. You must have a big truck.

Chev 2500 Duramax pulls it no problem

GLS
08-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Nice trailer outside:cool:

How much cargo room do you have left behind the box, about 10'? I gotta get me one of them for my duramax:)

outsidepride
08-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by GLS
Nice trailer outside:cool:

How much cargo room do you have left behind the box, about 10'? I gotta get me one of them for my duramax:)

Thanks
10 ft now but i am going to make the box bigger I only need to fit my walker mower on the back and the deck tilts up

jkkalbers
08-19-2004, 05:00 PM
outsidepride,
Mind me asking what brand trailer that is, and how much it cost?

mdb landscaping
08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
heres a shot of my old setup i just sold. i mounted the vac on the back, so i could back up to a garage or tight corner to suck them out. the whole door and vac swing to the side to dump. it held a ton of leaves.

mdb landscaping
08-19-2004, 05:04 PM
the loader hangs on the door.

mdb landscaping
08-19-2004, 05:05 PM
sorry picture didnt load.

CJ GreenScapes
08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Outside, have you tried sucking up grass clippings with that? Like dump the clippings, from your Walker, on the street and then sucking them up into your box?

If that would work, then I have to have one of those!

outsidepride
08-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jkkalbers
outsidepride,
Mind me asking what brand trailer that is, and how much it cost?

the trailer was tailor made for me by berkelmanns welding and it cost $8500 its 18 ft long and 7ft wide inside

outsidepride
08-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CJ GreenScapes
Outside, have you tried sucking up grass clippings with that? Like dump the clippings, from your Walker, on the street and then sucking them up into your box?

If that would work, then I have to have one of those!

I have sucked up grass clippings no problem but in the summer i just drive the walker right in and dump it that way i dont have to drive around with that box on there and then i can get mulch and whatever else on there too, just use the box for spring and fall clean ups

Liberty Lawncare
08-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Lots of nice setups. For now I mount a little 8hp loader on my trailer. The loader fills the bed of my truck. I have sides and swing doors on my truck. The top of the truck box is a tarp. Last year i used plastis tarps this year I will try canvas tarps. I would love a dump for the truck and a bigger loader. I like this set up the trailer is still able to hold the mower and blowers.

walker-talker
08-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CJ GreenScapes

If that would work, then I have to have one of those! I'll chime in on this one here. I have tried sucking up fescue with my 16hp Lesco vacumm. It is slow going and you have to be very careful no to clog. I could not imagine trying to suck up wet fescue. Maybe it has something to do with the design of the Lesco leaf loader, how it take that 90º angle.

CJ GreenScapes
08-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks walker-talker, I knew there had to be a draw back. Nothing could be that simple... Still would be nice to have for the Fall.

Stripe This
08-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Walker-Talker is right....you definitely don't want to suck up any grass if you don't have to. It's time consuming and the lack of volume (leaves vs. a blade of grass) hurts your ability to get the job done efficiently. Ideally, you'll have a separate truck for loading and one for maintanence (dump truck w/ trailer.)

outsidepride
08-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Vacuuming the grass has advantages on large properties such as townhome complexes you can dump it in one area opposed to driving back and forth with the rider or as i do some instances you can drop off one rider at one property and go to another and then come back and suck up the grass later or leaves and then pick up the other machine.