PDA

View Full Version : what is the rain policy?

bobbygedd
08-13-2004, 07:42 AM
you have customers that get mowed on thursday, and friday. it rains like heck thursday, friday, saturday. clears up sunday. when do you mow these missed clients, and does it effect the schedule the following week?

ProMo
08-13-2004, 07:46 AM
If im rained out bad they miss a week so far it has only happened once in 12 years

grass_cuttin_fool
08-13-2004, 07:48 AM
I get back on them sunday and again the next regular mowing day

CamLand
08-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Most of ours would rather we show on Monday then do again on the scheduled day of service,not many customers are happy about Sunday cuttings...

Gr grass n Hi tides
08-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I hate situations like this. First of all, I do mow in the rain to avoid these setbacks as much as possible. Only a deluge keeps me from cutting.........just like the one we have today. It depends on how backed up things get, but if it's possible I will mow a property twice in one week to get back on schedule and/or the usual day for mowing a property gets pushed back a day for one week while things get caught up. Also...........I try to set aside one day per week for doing "extras" like mulch, plant installs, etc. That one day is good for catching up & is often times a LOT easier to move or reschedule when bad weather happens. There's not usually so much of a sense of urgency from these clients. They don't mind getting resched.

fga
08-13-2004, 08:19 AM
they're lucky i cut them when its nice out.:)

HOOLIE
08-13-2004, 08:32 AM
I don't have any customers that dislike Sunday mowing. Three-quarters of their neighbors are out mowing their own lawns anyway, so what's the big deal.

If everything is growing quickly, I'll just pick up where I left off before the rain, then try to get back on my regular schedule within a week. If its real dry, I might just skip a missed day and get them the next week.

captken
08-13-2004, 11:15 PM
When Charley dumps on ya...let us know....what yer rain policy is....

are you asking for advice on how to handle the inevitable?

I figured you'd already have your bases covered....when it rains like heck....

Mowing with the pontoons on?

bobbygedd
08-14-2004, 07:07 AM
my rain policy is as follows: every attempt is made to service your property on your regular scheduled day. if rain will not allow us to service your property, every attempt will be made to make up the missed service within 3 days. if service is made up within 3 days of your regularly scheduled day, service will then resume on your next regularly scheduled day. if it is not possible to make up the missed service within 3 days of your regularly scheduled day, service will then resume on your next regularly scheduled say. if the missed service results in excessive growth, which will force us to double, or tripple cut your property on the next service day, an extra feee may be applied. we may cut in the rain, or when the ground is wet from rain, but this is a safety hazard for both us and your property, and will be done solely at our discression. if you don't like it, hire jodi, she's losing so much money sitting in traffic, she'll be glad to do the job

Greenservice
08-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I will mow in light rain if I have to. Some of my customers are alright with me coming on Sunday and some aren't. Those that aren't get skipped for that week. On Monday I start my regular weekly route and anything not done the previous week is not getting done. I have too tight a schedule to have overlap from the previous week coming on Monday.