PDA

View Full Version : You have any crazy customers?

ProStreetCamaro
08-13-2004, 09:57 AM
My god we have 1 woman thats nuts! Well she isnt really nuts but she like to come out and joke around alot. The other day I was blowing off her driveway and she comes out and say's "I bet all the guys envy you" and I said "why is that" and she said "because you get the blow job". I almost fell on the ground laughing. She always has some sort of goofy saying or dirty joke to tell me. Anybody else here with any customers like this?

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
I have two that are kinda wierd.. But the real " Crazy Lady " fired me a month ago... Thank the Lord... I miss her about like I would miss the Plauge.

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I have a crazy lady that runs and hides and turns off all the lights in the house when we come. Weird!

bjack312
08-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I have a crazy next door neighbor.

I own several rent houses, and do the lawn maintenance on most of them.

I was at one of the houses a few weeks ago to mow on a Saturday morning. I didn't start early, it was about 9:00 when I arrived and started mowing. I did the front and moved on to the back, when this lady next door (In a bath robe) comes over and starts yelling about me disturbing her peaceful Saturday morning. Her husband came out and calmed her down and I got back to work. I could see her sitting on the patio looking pissed.

The real funny part was when I finished, I moved to the house on the other side of them and mowed it (I own it also). She went balistic again and came over and said don't tell me you own this one too.

I just told her that I was doing this one to piss her off.

Evan528
08-13-2004, 12:52 PM
About a month ago I had a client tell me they will be moving and they gave me the date to when to end services for them. I ask them why they are moving after only a year of living in the house. His answer....... "I prayed to god and he told me we must move to California. We love this house and will miss all of our friends here but we must obey the calling." I pretty much stood there speechless as this guy has always seemed like nice guy and real down too earth. I didnt realize he was not all there.......

How convienent that god told him to move to Southern California and not Afganistan. Well, I guess if god told me to move to sunny warm Cali I would Obey also!!!!! :D

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Evan, why would you mock the Guy for moving? Maybe the Lord needed him to do his work in Ca...... I wanted to move to a more profitable market, but the Lord has plenty of ways for me to serve him right where I am... And I'll stay here as long as he needs me here.

Evan528
08-13-2004, 01:14 PM
well hopefully one day the good lord will need me to lay out on the beach every day in the Bahamas!!!! Give me a break!

MMLawn
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Evan528
well hopefully one day the good lord will need me to lay out on the beach every day in the Bahamas!!!! Give me a break!

Sad. If you think that anybody is crazy for listening to the Lord then you are the one that is mixed up my 19 year old friend.

SouthernFried
08-13-2004, 02:30 PM
hmmm...makes you wonder, eh?

Mebbe Pennsylvania ain't the best place to be right now.

Evan528
08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MMLawn
Sad. If you think that anybody is crazy for listening to the Lord then you are the one that is mixed up my 19 year old friend.

As of yet I have not received any phone calls or letters from the lord. When I do Im sure I will listen to whatever he or she has to say!:rolleyes:

There is a diffrence between having faith and having something you dont even know for sure exists rule every last aspect of your life.

I have never met so many cult like followers in my life as what I see on lawnsite! Must be real enjoyable living your life the way someone (or something) wants you to live it and not how you feel is right for you! I really feel sorry for people so rapped up in this....

MMLawn
08-13-2004, 02:49 PM
As of yet I have not received any phone calls or letters from the lord. When I do Im sure I will listen to whatever he or she has to say!:rolleyes:

There is a diffrence between having faith and having something you dont even know for sure exists rule every last aspect of your life.

I have never met so many cult like followers in my life as what I see on lawnsite! Must be real enjoyable living your life the way someone (or something) wants you to live it and not how you feel is right for you! I really feel sorry for people so rapped up in this....

There is PROOF though and it is called the BIBLE and it has been proved over and over again.

Cult? Man do you have a lot to learn. I have lived more than twice as long as you have and have lived a life time in that period, been a COP including a Homicide Detective and Police Chief for 20 years, have sent people to death row and watched them executed and seen the families they ruined who without that "cult faith" would have never made it through those times. I have more years of education than you have been on this planet that God also created and have owned and run two different very sucessful businesses so I can assure you that I am far from a "cult follower" and that Christ is worth living for.

I tell you what us "cult" folks will do.....we'll pray for you, for I assure you it is from GOD that all blessing flow, even yours.

Itsgottobegreen
08-13-2004, 02:54 PM
I have never met so many cult like followers in my life as what I see on lawnsite!

Wait I thought Lawnsite was a cult. LOL

Evan528
08-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Everybody has there own beleifs and thats fine.

Tell me this though- How does god communicate with people on earth to tell them what he wants them to do? Do you hear voices? Did a physic Median tell you??? This just baffles me when people talk about Obeying gods wishes. Tell me about your experiences and conversations with god!

Evan528
08-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Everybody has there own beleifs and thats fine.

Tell me this though- How does god communicate with people on earth to tell them what he wants them to do? Do you hear voices? Did a physic Median tell you??? This just baffles me when people talk about Obeying gods wishes. Tell me about your experiences and conversations with god!

How about the people who go on murder sprees because god supposidly told them too? How do you explain that?

MMLawn
08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Through his Word, the Bible and you can pray to him anytime.

I betcha you this. If you had a major problem in your family you'd try it.

bostonbob
08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
I am a newbie Homeowner around here. If there are two things that I have learned not to discuss on this site it is religion and politics. YIKES!

To change the subject I would like to discuss some spelling issues found above. The correct spelling of a singular god is 'God' with a capital G. Christianity only recognizes one God so he is shown respect by spelling it with the Capital G. The use of the lowercase 'gods' is to refer to multiple god religions such as Hinduism. Of course, I have not been to church in quite some time. I guess I will be joining Evan in Purgatory for a while :) One more thing - the word to describe "in addition to" is too or if something is "too big". We all have our pet peeves. People who interchange 'to' with 'too' will also join me in Purgatory.

Geoffrey
08-13-2004, 05:35 PM
BostonBob,
Welcome to lawnsite, if you start proofreading all these threads and posting the results I feel for you. You'll soon have the most posts on this website and bloody fingers to boot!

Geoff

Papa Wheelie
08-13-2004, 05:54 PM

Cult? Man do you have a lot to learn. I have lived more than twice as long as you have and have lived a life time in that period, been a COP including a Homicide Detective and Police Chief for 20 years, have sent people to death row and watched them executed and seen the families they ruined who without that "cult faith" would have never made it through those times. I have more years of education than you have been on this planet that God also created and have owned and run two different very sucessful businesses so I can assure you that I am far from a "cult follower" and that Christ is worth living for.

[/B]

Is bragging part of your Gods teachings. I don't beleive that I have ever read that anywhere. I like the fact that you feel the need to defend what you believe in, but do you think that maybe the way you said all of that stuff was to put someone down and that might not be the best way to follow in your gods' foot steps.

MMLawn
08-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Papa Wheelie
Is bragging part of your Gods teachings. I don't beleive that I have ever read that anywhere. I like the fact that you feel the need to defend what you believe in, but do you think that maybe the way you said all of that stuff was to put someone down and that might not be the best way to follow in your gods' foot steps.

That response is the A-Typical stamped response from non-believers.

Clearly you didn't read the post correctly then. There was no brag anywhere. The reason for listing those things is simply to show that I am far from a "brain washable cult type" and well versed and educated unlike many "cult followers" not to degrade put anyone down. I also said I would pray for him and his well being.

And he isn't only my or TXLAWN's God, he is yours also, like it or acknowledge it or not. You don't have to believe at all and that is your business. But if you chose not to just remember your stance when you meet him.

Remsen1
08-13-2004, 06:11 PM
I believe in God, but I think a person would be crazy if the said "God told me to move to California." Why? Cause when God speaks he never comes out and gives orders, at least not since Noah built the ark. To me that would make me think the guy is crazy. However he may just be misunderstood and maybe he meant to say "I think God wants me to move to California cause he gave me a sign" That would remove him from the crazy category and put him in the devote faith category.

Littleriver1
08-13-2004, 06:24 PM
As of yet I have not received any phone calls or letters from the lord. Evan, maybe this thread is the letter from God you should be waiting for.

Papa Wheelie
08-13-2004, 06:46 PM
That response is the A-Typical stamped response from non-believers.

Clearly you didn't read the post correctly then. There was no brag anywhere. The reason for listing those things is simply to show that I am far from a "brain washable cult type" and well versed and educated unlike many "cult followers" not to degrade put anyone down. I also said I would pray for him and his well being.

And he isn't only my or TXLAWN's God, he is yours also, like it or acknowledge it or not. You don't have to believe at all and that is your business. But if you chose not to just remember your stance when you meet him.

Passing judgement? Who said that I was a non-believer? I am only saying that you should think about how you say things and then maybe think about how other people take the things that you say. If i were trying to find who I was spiritually and I read what you had wrote, i might consider looking somewhere else for enlightenment other than where you choose to worship because your words seem quite harsh. i understand that it is hard to convay emotion over a key board so i might be reading you wrong (if I am, sorry) but it seems that you are saying that if anyone doesn't believe how you believe or how you interpret your gods word, then hell has a torch burning for them. Just to clear things up, i say "your God" because every religion,wether right or wrong, calls their most holy one "God" so I am saying whoever you may choose to call God.

steve122
08-13-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm going to keep my opinion to myself but watch this thread with interest. As soon as I saw the word God in the thread I said to myself, this is going to heat up. Would anyone want to combine the words God, believer and G. W. Bush in a thread?

CapnDean
08-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, there's the prime mover theory which essentially says: "Nothing moves of it's own volition, everything in motion was PUT into motion by an outside force at sometime or another soooo....there logically must be an original mover E.G. God.

Then there is the argument of design that says (essentially) that the world exhibits such order {example reproduction, agricultural seasons, the food chain etc...} that the odds of our existence being of random origin are next to non-exisitent.

Then there is my personal favorite: {Pascal's wager} those familiar may skip to the end.

LOGICally speaking.

There either IS a God, or there is NOT a God.

If there is and you lead a moral life - - you win.
If there is and you lead an a-moral life. -- you lose.
If there is NOT and you lead a moral life - - you win
If there is not and you lead an a-moral life - you lose.

SO regardless of whether you believe in Allah, Zahwhe, Buddha, Jesus or any permeatation of any religion - - You run the same risks.

Depending on what YOUR faith is, the consequences of a-moral behavior (a-moral being counter to your belief's structure) are pretty darn severe. The obvious choice is the moral lifestyle.

I accept that the existence of God is a metaphysical question.

Lawn Dog2001
08-13-2004, 07:48 PM
txlawnking and mmlawn., I had a vision in my sleep last night. God wants me to let you know that he needs lawn care in communist Cuba ASAP. No time to pack my brothers, grab your hedge clippers and head to Havana! Hence the word of the lord!

Evan you are totally right to think this guy is nuts. Becasue he is. I am a practicing Methodist. I say my prayers every night. When God starts talking outloud back to me I will check myself in a looney bin.

Remember the woman who killed her three children becasue God told her to do it???? People who think God talks to them are dangerous to themselves and others and need help.

Simplyhere
08-13-2004, 07:48 PM
CapnDean...really enjoyed that post. Clearly an educated response. Thought you were headed into the quantum physics realm on the Prime Mover theory for a minute. Nice work.

Lawn Dog2001
08-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CapnDean

There either IS a God, or there is NOT a God.

CapnDean, I totally believe in the exsistance of God. However I highly doubt he told some maniac from eastern PA to move to California.

The mayor
08-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Darwin theory.That is proof enough for me.

HOOLIE
08-13-2004, 09:04 PM
I thought this thread was supposed to be about crazy CUSTOMERS...

BSDeality
08-13-2004, 09:05 PM
maybe we can edit the title to 'do you have any encounters with a crazy LS member(s)' ?

lawnjockey51
08-13-2004, 09:17 PM
If some guy walked into a McDonald's and open fire, killing a dozen people, then claiming that God told him to do that ... 99.8% of us would say, "This guy's CRAZY." Yet many here believe and support that God might have told a guy to move to California. Can someone explain the difference to me?

Big Lew
08-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Good and Evil. That's what this is all about. Confusion, prime example of evil.
When I was younger, I probably thought a little like Evan. I've since opened my heart and accepted the fact that Jesus Christ was sent to die for my sins (your's also). You don't have to believe this.......The great thing about Christianity is that it is not forced upon you....you either accept or reject.....your choice.
Evan, do you ever remember making a mistake and looking back at it and wondering how you ever made the choice you made. Maybe someday you will look back on the thoughts you have now and realize they are not the same as they are this moment in your life. I can promise you that in 10 more years you will look back and see all the mistakes your made. In another 10 years you will do the same at 29 again and again you will do this...do don't rush to judgement quite yet.......think things through. My guess is your a great person (at least that's what I read into your posts).
I can't explain how a crazy person thinks....
I appreciate all of you....I appoligize if I said anything to offend anyone here.
God Bless ><> Big Lew:)

SouthernFried
08-13-2004, 10:18 PM
OK...I'll play, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

I am an atheist. A true atheist. I have been one since I was 13. I am 47 now...so that makes it...uh...34 yrs now. Damn, where'd the time go?

The comment..."there is a God, or there is not a God" is only a semantic question.

Lemme explain.

If someone came down from above, parted the seas, cured all the sick and disabled, walked on water...etc. My response would be...

"Wow, that was really cool...can you show me how to do that?"

I would never worship to him, pray to him, call him a God...etc. I might beg or ask for 3 wishes or 10.

Uh, sorry...

Ok. Now to those calling that persona a "God", what I said would be deemed sacreligious and subject to a myriad of different responses. From outrage and shock at my impertinance, to an old fashion stoning, to praying for my immortal soul and stuff.

Which brings me back to my original point. "There is a God, or there isn't a God" is not true in my case, because no matter what someone can do...I would never call them a God or a "supreme being" or whatever. There is no such thing as Gods to me...even if the person you called a God appeared to me and was able to do all those really neat things.

You may call them a God, and do all the things people who beleive in Gods do...but, not me.

Well...lemme rephrase that.

If he/she/it really wanted me to call them a God. If she/he/it wanted me to "spread the word" and do certain things. After she/he/it showed me what he was capable of... I probably would.

I may be an atheist...but, I ain't stupid. :)

This is not meant to offend to anyone. It's just what I think. I don't begrudge anyone else's there's. In fact, I think there is way too much anti-religious crap going on these days...but, thats another topic.

Hey, it's Friday night...I needed a break from green talk.:)

tree
08-13-2004, 10:54 PM
i think all of mine are off in the head

Evan528
08-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Lawn Dog2001
txlawnking and mmlawn., I had a vision in my sleep last night. God wants me to let you know that he needs lawn care in communist Cuba ASAP. No time to pack my brothers, grab your hedge clippers and head to Havana! Hence the word of the lord!

Evan you are totally right to think this guy is nuts. Becasue he is. I am a practicing Methodist. I say my prayers every night. When God starts talking outloud back to me I will check myself in a looney bin.

Remember the woman who killed her three children becasue God told her to do it???? People who think God talks to them are dangerous to themselves and others and need help.

Lawn dog, AMEN!!! We think alike!

MMLawn, If God came to you and told you to move you and your family to Iraq to rake sand for a living would you do that too? Or disobey and risk eternal hell??? :rolleyes:

Shady Brook
08-14-2004, 12:03 AM
I do have some crazy customers, and they are making it more evident of late. It is still a small percentage, smaller I think then here on lawnsite. :D

I did not see where Evan ever said he was not a believer, I think his point was that he did not think it normative for God to communicate his will in such a way that a man could say....God wants me to move to such and such location. Can we know God's will... sure from the Scripture we can understand God's will for his people is. The Bible is the only authority a Christian has, and one will not find specifics in it telling us where to move or what job to take, it has prinicples, not detailed rules for every decision we make.

Someone said that Christianity is unique because it is not forced upon us...that it is our choice. I tell you what, that does not give me any comfort. My comfort is not in any decision I make, it is in the fact that the Lord was not only was able, but willing to make an atonement for a sinner like me, and that he gives all of salvation freely, even faith, for it is the gift of God. My joy comes from knowing that the Lord grants salvation to whom he wills, and it is in no way dependent on anything in me, or that I do.

Enough of my sermon, I just get distrubed when Christianity is portrayed as mans decision to believe and save himself. A man dead in tresspasses and sins can not do anything spiritually because he is "dead".

Jay:)

MJB
08-14-2004, 01:15 AM
It's really very simple. 1 John 5:19 "Though we originate with God , the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."
When people say that God told them to do it. Think about this
2 Cor 11: 14 "Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light." So if you here voices stop, and consider who they may be really coming from. Don't think Satan doesn't enjoy playing with peoples minds.

crawdad
08-14-2004, 01:23 AM
So, Satan is making people move to California?
I knew it!
I gotta get working on my tin foil beanie, this whole world is going crazy.
Crawdad

HOOLIE
08-14-2004, 01:33 AM
My mother is my craziest customer, hands down. I'm not making this up...

lawnjockey51
08-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Come to think of it, maybe God did tell him to go to California, maybe because he is trying to get all of the CRAZY people out there before dropping the whole state into the ocean. See there may be a divine plan after all.

CapnDean
08-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Religion: If it keeps you on the good side (E.G. keeps you from killing, stealing and being a general lowlife) Then good for you.

If it keeps the alcoholic out of the bar....good for him.
If it keeps the pervert away from my lil girl....good deal.

But when people start doing things in the "name of God"...

As the woman who killed her children, and the Reverend Jones who convinced all those idiots to drink the poison.... Then we are talking about people who are NOT being moral and leading the life in accord with the belief structure - - They are simply using religion as a crutch, or an excuse or even a scam. (See Jim Bakker & company).

I like the idea of; "Pray to God...but row for the shore" Another slightly less famous is "Praise the Lord and pass the ammo".
The idea being that one should not do something stupid and expect divine intervention.