PDA

View Full Version : Everrride Warrior problems, Anyone?

Everride-Guys
08-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Well we now have had 2 units for a few months now. And wanted to ask is anyone else experiencing any problems.

We've had a few with both machines

Fuel caps, spit gas out when tanks are full. This should be fixed sometime soon we hope

One other problem with one machine was a bad weld on the deck lift fork. Its been temporarily welded, but the fork will need to be replaced during winter.

Our newest problem that has emerged is the deck lift pedal and deck height adjustment knob ave nearly seized.

This appears to have happened by a little bit of surface rust on shafts that the 2 features spin on. These shafts are non greasable and are a ***** to service.

Everride has acknowledged the problem, have said the parts are going to be redesigned. And just gave us basic info on how to disassemble the parts to be cleaned and reassembled.

Granted that will fix it, but only short term. We think these shafts should be greaseable to keep them from seizing up with a little surface rust and grit.

So is anyone else having any problems .

Lets hear it.

Overall these are good units, but we need to find a longterm solution to the above mentioned problems

Everride Guys

txlawnking
08-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Guys, if there was a dealer for everride any where near me, then maybe I could tell you... I was really interested in one as they look to be a real nice machine... I may never know, as to the best of my knowledge, NOBODY even near Houston, TX even sells them. It's a shame, I'd at least liked to have demoed one...

Gtotoy
08-13-2004, 07:53 PM
~~Well were do we start? So far I have went through two throttle cables, deck to engine belt, two fuel tank switch valves, Two caster wheels and related hardware. My deck lift seized as well,, fun fun. Gas caps spit at me,, one has always been cross threaded. And all this on a unit with only 250 hrs on it to date. There is probaly sumpin else, but can't remember.~~

Everride-Guys
08-14-2004, 01:37 AM
GTOY,
Whats up with all that, I mean throttle cables and a 2 caster wheels. Are you cutting grass or a rock quarry and 2 fuel switch's.

I can tell you I don't like the sound of this at all.

Any insight would be good

Everride Guys

Gtotoy
08-16-2004, 10:20 PM
~~Yeh well who know's, I'm happy with the machine, but to me it seem's as though they overlooked a few items. Two throttle cables already is insane, two fuel switches is crazy,, Bobcat's with 2500 hrs on them dont ever see 2 of each.

Castor wheel's that fell off were the two in dead center of deck.When the first one came off, I kinda shook my head, that night used an impact on all other wheels,, three days later the other one fell off.

Bad luck I suppose but I hope that in time everride will spend a little more on the minor parts so to speak.

WLLD
08-18-2004, 06:48 AM
I don't personally own one - but demoed a unit a couple of months ago. There was alot of talk on here from guys saying that they had them and thought they were better than Hustlers (I own 2 Super Z's). I cut for 4-5 hours on it. The machine cut great and the deck cleared well. That was all. The deck lift was stiff and I was told it was from washing the demo. The engine to deck belt came off four times - seemed to be when I hit a bump or accelerated fast. The unit also handled poorly on hills. Overall the machine sits too high - felt and looked like you were sitting on a tractor - not a Z.

In my opinion - nowhere near the machine the Super Z is. I was dissapointed - being told the unit was developed by Honda - I expected more.

Shayne