PDA

View Full Version : Alright we did it!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey lawnsite members. As of today LawnSite passed the idea of posting videos on this site. In my intial thread "How About it LawnSite?" in the LawnSite Announcements, Support & FAQ forum we achieved 70% of the members who voted in favor of posting videos. The original thread link should be enclosed in this post. Im sure that if more members knew about the poll we would have had a larger turnout of voters. Just wanted to say good job guys, gals, and moderators and thanks for making this idea a reality.. Heres to you:drinkup:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Sorry, here is the original link to the poll (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79970)

TClawn
08-13-2004, 05:27 PM
are there going to be some sort of instructions on how to post a video?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 06:15 PM
I dont know of any instructions on how to do it. However I believe you would post it like link and you would click on it to view. My guess would be that another browser will be brought up or a media player will open to play videos. Let me ask a few people and I will post some instructions hopefully.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Seeing if this works. Should be a video of our competiton, a robotic mower.

CamLand
08-13-2004, 06:59 PM
LOL!! yup it works i just watched the film...

fga
08-13-2004, 07:00 PM
i am totally confused on how to post a moving link like that!!

Forest
08-13-2004, 07:07 PM
That's awesome( the video idea). Keep up the good work guys!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Alright, there ya go guys. Have fun with this new LawnSite feature. They are only giving us 3 days to try to see how it works out, so lets make this a success. I think the hardest and most time comsuming part is that we have to use vidoe cameras and transfer the vidoe to the computer. I know there are cell phones that can record like 15 secs of video, so who knows. More than one way to do everything.

Here is how I posted the video.

1. Download "your video" or upload it onto your computer.
2. Save the video to your desktop or whatever you choose in the following file types only: .avi, .mov, .wma, .mpg, & .mpeg.
3. Then when your ready to post the video click on "post reply" in a thread and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see "attach file".
4. Click on browse and find the file on your desktop, or where ever you saved the video.
5. Click "post reply" and your video will hopefully be posted.

Private message me or post your questions on here and I will see if I can help. Im new at it too. But hey trial and error works. Lets here it for the 1st video on LawnSite. :bday:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 07:13 PM
oh yeah sorry, the videos* are limited to 4 megs each. Just like attaching pictures, you have a file size limit.

CamLand
08-13-2004, 07:39 PM
See if you can get one of the Moderators to post in the Support section so the directions will be saved then for furture explanation...

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by CamLand
See if you can get one of the Moderators to post in the Support section so the directions will be saved then for furture explanation...

Alright good as done. Did you mean my directions or their own version?

CamLand
08-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Whatever makes it easier Chief...

Wells
08-14-2004, 04:46 PM
FYI,

If you run into a problem posting a video that is too large, there are programs available that will decrease the size of the video and or change its format to something with a tighter compression.

Let me know if anyone runs into this problem and would like to know more about these types of software programs.

pcnservices
08-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Heres to you :drinkup: MJL's !! You generated this idea.
I still cannot open your video clip to watch it?
Good Luck
PC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by pcnservices
Heres to you :drinkup: MJL's !! You generated this idea.
I still cannot open your video clip to watch it?
Good Luck
PC

Thanks PCN. Umm about opening the video, you should just be able to click on the word "attachment" and it will download. If you have dial-up it takes a few mins. You need some kinda of media viewer like window media player to watch it. Let me know if you still have problems.