PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Striping

gl1200a
08-13-2004, 10:18 PM
OK, so I have been studying your striping and technique. I very much appreciate all of your advice and knowledge and now need your words of wisdom from Chapter Two.

I have been laying down some great stripes, but I leave the tell tail circles around shrubbery and trees. I see by your photos that your stripes continue through the plantings and beds with no sign of you going around the plantings. Your stripes go straight through as if the shrubbery was invisible.

How do you do that?

signed: the apprentice

g4fixer
08-13-2004, 10:36 PM
Turn the mower in the direction where the yard was not cut yet. Then the pass back will wipe the circular pass away.

Mowin Mac
08-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Coral Lawn, there is an excellent explanation here.

www.scag.com/lawnstriping.html

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by g4fixer
Turn the mower in the direction where the yard was not cut yet. Then the pass back will wipe the circular pass away.

yup best explanation that I can think of

Runner
08-14-2004, 02:40 AM
Also, when you are coming up to a tree, bed, or any other object, if your NEXT pass will be less than a deck's width, then RIGHT THEN is the time to break off and go around it. That way, if for instance, your tree is coming up on your right, and it's 3 ft. away from your path, you're not blowing grass all over it. You circle around with your trim side, back - back up on to your original row tracks, and proceed forward. That way, when you go by your tree or obstacle, you're not blasting grass all over it. The sam goes for if the tree or whatever is coming up on your left side. You trim around it, then your next row can just go straight, or just slightly to the left if the object is larger in diameter (toward the uncut side of the yard). Then, your next row will just go straight through, and erase over the arc shaped lines. One thing to remember, is that once you trim around the object once with the mower, when you go around it again, if your uncut side of the yard is on the RIGHT of the object, then double widen that trim side so your next row isn't blowing grass on or into it. Also, upon going around it again, make your turns wide and lazy. This will avoid tearing and stressing grass, and you will always reverse back up to the object to get a good straight line from it. I hope this helps.