PDA

View Full Version : Ferris 32 hydro question.

Doc_77
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
the farris 32 hydro is a single hydro . when you turn with this mower you would have to use the breaks in turn tearing up the grass ?

i am about to buy one and if this will be a problem there is no way i would even think about getting this mower !!!

anyway will this mower rip up the grass when turning ?

Doc_77
08-14-2004, 12:16 AM
have to bump this up i need to find out if this mower will tear up the grass .

:confused:

shm
08-14-2004, 12:38 AM
I have never used one BUT I believe that this unit is driven or steered by the operator.....there is a throttle that is squeezed to go faster or slower.....unlike the "standard" WB wherein one steers with the brakes and the throttle is separate

so, in a turn -release your grip and swing around.....I could be wrong though as I have never run this machine...
someone who has this mower should be able to confirm this.
anyone?

Doc_77
08-14-2004, 12:58 AM
thats what i thought. sucks a ferris rep was there hovering over my shoulder the entire time pushing this mower over an exmark viking , tthp or wright stander 36 :angry:
i didn't get to demo the 32 but i did demo a dual hydro 48 ferris. i didn't realize the controls would be different until a few hours after i ordered it .

BTW buying your first commercial mower sucks and looking for a 36 hydro sucks even more !!! :cry:
I'm not sure what to get anymore :(

< if ya couldn't tell i have been having a rough time finding a dealer and mower i like > :(