PDA

View Full Version : truck signs paid off.

chefdrp
08-13-2004, 11:51 PM
My new truck signs paid off. picked up a few new accounts and even a new commercial for next year. Currnt LCO isnt doing a good enough job. Too bad its the end of the season. Oh well ill have them to look forward to next year.

tiedeman
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
sweet!!! One of the many types of advertisements is having your commerical vehicle (with signage) looking clean and sharp all the time. It really shows a lot about the company. How has those lawn signs been working out?

HOOLIE
08-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
sweet!!! One of the many types of advertisements is having your commerical vehicle (with signage) looking clean and sharp all the time. It really shows a lot about the company. How has those lawn signs been working out?

You're right, tiedeman...I need to get out there and wash my truck. As Donald Trump says, "a guy trying to sell a dirty car is a loser"

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-14-2004, 06:21 AM
My magnetic (unprofessional, according to some) signs have paid for themselves many times over. Although I think the quality of work I provide actually made the sales. The signs just provided the means (phone number) for the new customers to contact me.

Last winter when I was plowing driveways, I must have gotten 20 phone calls from neighbors to do theirs. Quick and easy money...

Derek

chefdrp
08-14-2004, 08:16 AM
i will agree that it was the work. but sign gave them a number.

Racer99
08-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Would like to see a PIC of your signs?

EastProLawn
08-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by chefdrp
i will agree that it was the work. but sign gave them a number. You got that one right...:D

chefdrp
08-14-2004, 11:23 PM
here is a pic of it for you. Just plain and simple

gogetter
08-15-2004, 01:00 AM
I've only received one call from my truck signs since I've had them on (about a year?).
Kinda disappointing. I was expecting a response more like Chefs.

And I've never got a single call from my trailer sign since I've had it on (about 2 years or so). Very disappointing since I think it's a really nice sign compared to a lot of the ones I see around my way. Not to mention all the ones with NO signs at all.

Oh well, I feel like they make me look more professional then some of the other locals, and they didn't cost much. So I still think they're worth it.

Conrats to you Chef!

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-15-2004, 02:19 AM
Here is how I look at it. I tried a number of different advertising ideas this spring, nothing real expensive. If I was able to gain one reguler customer from each then I was satisfied.

-I did some door hangers last Fall, about 50. I got 1 plowing customer from that. $25 spent + time, made about $300. Good investment!

-small ad in local advertiser for 2 months this spring that went out to 10,000 homes. Spent $200.00 but got $100.00 back due to the unprofessionalism of the sales person. Got only one regular customer but that included a $450 clean-up/mulch job, and byweekly trimming and maintenance. Total earned for the year will be well over $1000.00.

-magnetic signs were $65.00 - got me a $40.00 per week regular customer with potential for high dollar extras.

Derek

Precision
08-15-2004, 12:56 PM
My signs have gotten me 6 estimates and and 2 accounts. Cost $ 85 and brought in $1400. Not bad.

My best advertisement is a paper/magazine that gets mailed to all residents of my target area. 18,000 homes. Cost $90 per month. Potential income produced, month 1 - $7200 Month 2 - 18,000 Month 3 - $5000 Month 4 - $5500.

Some recurring maintance work, some one time clean up and sod work. But all in all for $360 spent I think I am doing great.

Worst - Thrifty Nickel $240 spent for 4 months 12 cheapskate estimates with ZERO income 1 yard clean up $400. With gas and time spent on driving to bid all the cheapos I'd say I broke even, before paying myself.

Norm Al
08-15-2004, 01:10 PM
its all good when a marketing investment pays off!

cantoo
08-15-2004, 09:06 PM
My wife was in our signed minivan at a city 80 miles from us and a lady parked next to her in a mall shopping lot asked for a business card. My wife said we aren't from here we live near near Lake Huron. The lady said she had a cottage at the lake and needed it cut they have no time to do it themselves. Now we have a regular customer from signs that are 4 years old. We also have our cubevan lettered up and get calls from people driving past it. We have gotten very very few jobs from our newspaper ads so next year we are not doing any. For us advertisement is a 100% tax writeoff so it's a no brainer.