PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to letter my truck???

FrankenScagMachines
08-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Sometime in the (hopefully near) future, I plan to get my truck lettered. The body work really needs done on it first and painted so i hate to get it lettered then peel it all off to paint it, but I can get lettering done pretty cheap and it may be a while before i paint it. Vinyl cut looks so much better than magnetic. more professional.

So anyone got any ideas for how to letter this truck? We can use the front fenders, doors and the steel side of the frame of the truck bed (black) a local landscape company has a couple flatbeds and have some lettering on the bed. I'm thinking on the bed you could list some services or something. part of me hates to letter the bed becuse it'll get beat on and the lettering may not last long there, but on the other hand i hate to not use all that good space :confused: On the door, it'll be kinda hard to letter it becuase of the mirror mounts.

HOOLIE
08-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Just some general thoughts gleaned from the thousands of lettered trucks I've seen-

-Keep your company name VISIBLE. A lot of people go with the fancy schmancy lettering, its hard to read unless you're 3 feet away.

-Ditto for the phone number

-Remember, most people are just looking for your name and number, they're not looking to read some novel sprawled across all 4 sides of a truck.

-A distinctive, but not obnoxious, color will catch the eye better.

Lbilawncare
08-14-2004, 01:51 AM
A list of services isn't necessary IMO. I would use Green and White lettering, phone # on fender, Business name on bed because of the mirrors. You could also do grass along the bottom of the doors

FrankenScagMachines
08-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys. Have a look at my website, www.cuttingedgelawncare.biz we use white background and green lettering as our thing.

I'd really like to get a logo made before the lettering is done, but this is basically what i'm looking to get on the truck- yes the web address IS necessary and that is NON Negotiable! I get lots of prospective and new customers comment about it and they only find out about it by a search engine or on business card. I've sold a couple jobs just becuase they saw my work on the site or because one guy had to move to China for 3 years for his work and he needed to use credit card to pay so I definately stood out from the crowd because he can pay online with paypal. no one else in my town does that.

Expert Lawns
08-14-2004, 02:41 AM
I just got mine back 2 days ago and I love it. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I made the phone number plenty big on it. I figure most people will be driving by while i'm mowing a prop, so they will know what kind of services I offer. (i only listed my services on the tailgate, not the side. it took away from what was important) Just write down the number and call me

Expert Lawns
08-14-2004, 02:43 AM
The guy that did my logo does great work and would do it for you at a great price if you mentioned my name. Let me know if you're interested.

FrankenScagMachines
08-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Oh, looking at the truck pic, i don't think the company name on the bed will work. Not big enough space. If i had different sides on the truck that could be lettered, now thats something to talk about! Maybe I should look into that... Hmmm... I have these leftover signs from my leaf box from last fall, they are peices of material that are lettered. They just screw onto the wooden leaf box. I could put them on the truck sideboards tomorrow and see what it looks like (the one that says "Leaf Removal" is on a seperate peice from the Cutting Edge Lawn Care and phone number.

FrankenScagMachines
08-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Expert- could you post a pic of your logo? My brother does computer work and i beleive he recently made a logo for someone that turned out well. I don't know what he could do for me though- sometimes he lacks creativity and imagination (and i always do, so i'm no help!).
Thanks

Expert Lawns
08-14-2004, 03:10 AM
http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=630346

this is the best i could do. hope it works
(i'll post pics of my truck tomorrow so you can see it better)

FrankenScagMachines
08-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Expert- it wanted to download it as a PDF. I recently changed computers and do not have Adobe on this one yet. I'll wait for the pic of the truck later. Thanks,

Turf Medic
08-14-2004, 11:32 AM
When putting a website address on a vehicle I think it looks best across the front of the hood so people can see it approaching you, and on the rear of the truck so you can see it from behind. If it is on the side of the truck, you usually don't have enough time to write it down.

WoodBrothersLC
08-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Why do you have the same picture of someone that quality landscaping has on his website

qualitylandscaping
08-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I think this is the pic you are talking about.. The guy in the pic is me!! hahaha I was in Indiana on vacation and worked with Eric for a few days last summer:cool:

Expert Lawns
08-16-2004, 04:56 PM
see if this works frankenscag....

Lazer_Z
08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Awsome logo Expert i like the blue green combo.

Expert Lawns
08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
thanks, i wanted something simple. it looks good on my truck with the city,state, phone etc under it. i get my digital camera back today and will take some pics of it and post them

dfor
08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Here's an idea. Sure would get you noticed.

Expert Lawns
08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
"holy crap"..............

kemmer
08-23-2004, 10:50 PM
hey here a company near me with the same name as you. im not saying copy there logo but heres some ideas.
www.cuttingedgeland.com

FrankenScagMachines
08-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Wow, that's an awesome webpage Ryan. I kind of have my logo thing, well my little bro is going to make me one someday. not going to get the truck lettered this year. i can't take on any more work right now and i don't have time to get it done anyway. plus, my money is going in all directions but the bank right now... This whole trailer project is eating lots and lots of money, then other things start biting at me too. probably will have it done for next season though when i go full time.

That company's website gives a VERY good presentation and professional image. Wow, thats how every company should be presented! If they are as good in person as on the website, I bet they're so busy! Thanks for the link, and thanks everyone for input. Ya i thought about putting a mower where the throne is there... that'd be pretty cool!!!

Eric 1
08-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Thats an awesome website!!!!:cool: