PDA

View Full Version : help needed

CMB
08-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi, I posted this same question on the homeowners forum but got no response. Trying to get opinions from those who know on a price I was quoted. Front yard is 33000 sq ft, one small hill getting ' lowered ' scraped down. Exsisting grass killed off 2 plantbeds removed , 20x30 area total.Rockhounded down 8''. 160 yards screened topsoil spread 3'', hydroseeded and straw. 9960$. Got another ' trimmed down' price on the way. Any replies and insites are welcomed, thanks to all.....Mike

KCON1
08-15-2004, 05:29 PM
sounds like a decent price. I wouldn't try and trim it down to much or you start sacrificing. and you might save apenny now but you will just end up spending it later.

Green Care
08-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CMB
Hi, I posted this same question on the homeowners forum but got no response. Trying to get opinions from those who know on a price I was quoted. Front yard is 33000 sq ft, one small hill getting ' lowered ' scraped down. Exsisting grass killed off 2 plantbeds removed , 20x30 area total.Rockhounded down 8''. 160 yards screened topsoil spread 3'', hydroseeded and straw. 9960$. Got another ' trimmed down' price on the way. Any replies and insites are welcomed, thanks to all.....Mike

Sounds like skid work homeowner would have too see if ya have photo's it will help.

Also a lot of material is involved .

CMB
08-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Me again, got a local guy's price, he says after killing it off, raking it down , loading up and hauling off the mess 4-6'' screened topsoil then hydroseed with Pennington, don't know 'which' Penington but I'll find out. He wants to have an on site meeting with the wife and me along with his bulldozer guy and hydroseeder.His price includes the rest of the front yard other price 15378. his 6500, tell me what I missed , Mike

Lawn-Scapes
08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Mike. It seems one guy may be a non-profit organization and the other may be real busy and asking higher than market price.

How 'bout getting a 3rd & 4th quote?

IMHO.. $9,000-12,000 would be a fair price if they were supplying the 160 yards of screened soil.

Where in Maryland?

CMB
09-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Tom I'm in Conowingo, Cecil county 'bout 25 miles south of Lancaster PA. Don't need anything other than this mess made into a lawn. First guy wanted to kill it then rockhound down 8'', this guy says he wants to see this mess rockhounded down that far, says stuff like 'can of worms'. Second guy says kill it, powerrake the rocks, 4-6'' topsoil, hydroseed. Tom, you're welcome to give it a look, let me know....Mike