PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Fox tail taking over new sod

TMlawncare
08-14-2004, 04:54 PM
We got the contract on this new business which the sod went down at the end of April. We could not get down any pre emg. Now the foxtail in all over, I mean one or two plant every sq ft. Property has 20000 sq ft of turf. We have controlled all weeds except foxtail. The propety is irrigated and looks like s%$@t. We treated it with drive 75 about a month ago, but soon after (4hrs) we had a suprise pop up rain. One week later the leafs were turning red so I thought I had control anyway. After one mowing the foxtail looks the be growing again and healthy. Any suggestions???

tremor
08-15-2004, 08:41 AM
The sod was installed improperly. If the seams were tight there wouldn't be many weeds at all.

That said, Acclaim or Drive will get it done.

kickin sum grass
08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
drive mixed with mso (metholated seed oil). Read the label and it will tell how to mix it. It will smoke foxtail. Two things that might have happened to your previous attempt. 1. you did not mix mso, or 2. the foxtail was not in the proper tiller stage. You should be fine now.

TMlawncare
08-16-2004, 12:00 AM
The first app we did not use any mso with drive. The reason, no one around here carries it. Even lesco said that they don't carry mso. They said they recommend hawkeye by lesco as a sticking agent. For the second app thats what we are putting down.