PDA

View Full Version : Round Up....Should I?

HighGrass
08-14-2004, 05:42 PM
I was thinking about applying some round-up under some spruce trees to make trimming easier. Will it be absorbed by the tree roots and hurt the tree?

Enviro Green
08-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Watch for bare and exposed roots of course.

Envi-Lawn
08-14-2004, 08:02 PM
RU isn't absorbed through woody tissue, so you should be OK.
Read the label, to double check

trying 2b organic
08-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Just got back from beers with 2 people who run orchards, they use roundup to kill the weeds around the trunks of the trees. I asked them about using Roundup under trees generally since I had read that one shouldnt ever use pesticides within the drip line of any tree. (a govt manual as u might have guessed). bottom line, Roundup def no prob. Maybe lots of insecticides an issue as they are more toxic. (according to LD ratings)

Ken Kesey
08-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Maybe you should get a licence to applicate this product?

It is the law and if you get caught spraying it on a property that you don't own you can get a fine.

olderthandirt
08-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Kesey been a member for 2 months now and you assume he does not have his lisc. and 2nd, if it on his own prop he does not need one.

Mac

Ken Kesey
08-14-2004, 11:27 PM
#1 If he had his licence he should know this.

#2 "It is the law and if you get caught spraying it on a property that you don't own you can get a fine."

That's what I said, genius.

olderthandirt
08-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Ken Kesey
#1 If he had his licence he should know this.

#2 "It is the law and if you get caught spraying it on a property that you don't own you can get a fine."

That's what I said, genius.

Yep like I said 2 month member and knows it all or just assumes it all. Do a search "genius" and you will see that your informative awnsers been talked about for yrs. You see his question was not whether he needed a pest lisc but whether he could use rd up around spruce. Did you awnser his question? No! wanna prove that you know all the laws with your quick response to something that was never asked, way to help genius

Mac

Ken Kesey
08-14-2004, 11:54 PM
What does it matter how long a person has been posting at a site?

I know what his question was, all two sentences. I promise.

Thing is, he should have known the answer if he was a licensed applicator.

Are you in 3rd grade or what?

Donít mean to be rude or anything but have you been drinking tonight Mr. Dirt?

olderthandirt
08-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Ken Kesey
What does it matter how long a person has been posting at a site?

I know what his question was, all two sentences. I promise.

Thing is, he should have known the answer if he was a licensed applicator.

Are you in 3rd grade or what?

Donít mean to be rude or anything but have you been drinking tonight Mr. Dirt?

It matters for one reason in which you can't grasp so I'll try to explain it so even you can understand it. The man asked a question the object is to help with an appropriate awnser. Again you ASSUMED he was going to apply it at another residence which he never said he was, so he would not need a pest lisc. also you ASSUMED that he does not have one, we are all not blessed with your photograghic memory so it is possable he forgot or just was not sure becoase the laws of application can be confusing. Your comments about 3rd grade and drinking do not even require a response from me. Just proves my point about you wanting everyone to think your the genius of the green industry. Not worth wasting anymore time with you on this.

Mac

HighGrass
08-15-2004, 12:28 AM
The round-up is for my mom's trees...not a customers. She has a row of about 10 that are 20-25 years old. All I was trying to do was save from crawling underneath for those few pesky weeds that you can't get at with the line trimmer.

As far as a license. I don't have one. I don't need one as I refer all of my fert and other duties to a friend of mine.

Ken Kesey Maybe you should get a licence to applicate this product?

Hey Ken. What kind of crap is that? Before you go takeing the high road, maybe get all the facts next time.:blob2:

trying 2b organic
08-17-2004, 02:30 AM
Just ignore him, btw, I have my licence and like I said, the manual said never to use any pesticide within the drip line. I come here to get and share real world info, very little of which you will learn when you get your licence. In the real world my friends who own and run orchards use Roundup to kill the grass and weeds around the trees. cheers :cool: