PDA

View Full Version : pro slide

Big Lew
08-14-2004, 07:47 PM
I have a W/B Exmark belt driven 13 hp Kaw and noticed a lot of you guys use the proslide?.....I'm 6' 5" and weigh about 225..any idea what would work best for me other than just walking behind the mower to lose some weight? haha...I'm looking forward to losing some weight ..trust me.
Where is the best place to purchase what you recommend?
Thanks....

tiedeman
08-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I have never used a proslide, but I recommend using the dual wheeled velky sulky

rockhouse
08-14-2004, 09:44 PM
The proslide is great. It smooths out the ruts caused by velkes (one or two wheeled varieties). I know I've just about smoothed out all of my lawns. You may have a weight versus power problem though. Especially with a belt drive.

Joe

Gilla Gorilla
08-14-2004, 10:05 PM
I weigh 230 pounds and my 36' Metro HP pulls me just fine. The biggest problem that I have is keeping the front end down on the ground when taking off from a stop of going up a hill.

I drilled a 3/8 hole through the front of the deck and bolted two ten pound weights on top of the deck and that did help but I am going to get a longer bolt and put a total of 4 10 pound weights on the deck, that should definately keep the front end down when taking off from a stop and hopefully on hills also.

By the way I love my proslide!!!!!!

Gilla Gorilla
08-14-2004, 10:10 PM
I bought mine off of ebay for $201.00 shipped. The plastic pad wore out in about a month and a half. I emailed the guy that I bought the unit from and he wanted $57.00 for the pad and shipping. I could not see paying that much for one pad.
I got in the phone book this week and found a place out of virginia beach that sells the same material, I think it is called UHMW or UMWH. I bought a 4' X 8' sheet which they cut up to four 24" sheets for $205.00 shipped to my doorstep. That will make 12 pads for me and only ended up costing about $17 and change for each pad.

If anyone wants the number to the plastic place just pm me

TClawn
08-14-2004, 10:16 PM
gilla gorilla, check your pm.