PDA

View Full Version : Lawnboy blowout

wiselawns
08-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Got a 21" silverpro series with a 6.5hp duraforce engine. One problem I have with it is that it blows clippings out of the left side of the deck and they collect at the rear left wheel and leave a trail of clippings on the lawns. It is really bad in thicker grass.

I have tried running it without the mulching fan, just the blade only and it doesn't do any better. It seems that the deck needs to be vented more to improve the air flow. There are 3 or 4 small holes in the deck and I assume these are for airflow, but they don't seem sufficient.

Any comments?

tiedeman
08-14-2004, 07:57 PM
hey, I just tossed the exact same model in the trash today. I was hoping of fixing it, but I gave up

RedWingsDet
08-14-2004, 07:57 PM
sorry i cant help you... but however, i almost bought that same exact mower for 375$ on friday. its the 2 cycle 6.5 siver pro.... is that a good price? also becides the clumping, what are the other cons, and pros.

wiselawns
08-14-2004, 08:06 PM
In all I am really not too impressed with this mower. I have had it for two seasons and haven't had any technical problems with it. It leaves a good clean cut and will cut thick wet grass without hesitation, but it does have massive blowout on the left side. Also, and this is weird, it will start on the first pull when it is dead cold, but, after I use it on one yard and then go to another account and pull it off the truck, it may take 5 to 10 pulls of the cord to get it going. IT DOES NOT START WELL WHEN WARM.

Fareway Lawncare
08-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Are You Using the Mulch Plug ?!?!

Keep Rear Wheels One Notch Higher....Bump the RPM's...Com. LB's w/6.5hp Duraforce Mulch Great....Silverpro Should do the Same...

wiselawns
08-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks Fareway, I thought about changing the deck pitch. But I have no idea what you mean by the mulch plug. RPMs are at max.

Fareway Lawncare
08-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Mulch Plug...covers the discharge...not sure about Silverpro...

If yours has the little metal bar across bottom of discharge & you're discharging...Remove it...

Lawnboy112
08-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Lawn Boys suck.

Rick Jones
08-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Lawnboy112
Lawn Boys suck.

This is coming from a guy who uses an MTD and a Craftsman. :confused:

Fareway Lawncare
08-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by odin
Here's me loading my new rider in my Toyota truck

One nice thing about the LB's is they're easy to lift.