PDA

View Full Version : trying to decide between stihl/Echo edger?BP blower

QualityLawnCare4u
08-14-2004, 11:14 PM
I went shopping today for a BP and a edger. I looked at a stihl edger for 359 and an echo 200 for 199 (curved shaft) echo long shaft for 269. The echo BP model 403 was 299 and 603 was 350. The stihl dealer is a first class aZZhole (also sells toro) I feel like Im going to get in fight every time I go in. even though I like their products. The echo dealer is so-so and Ive had good luck with all my echo equipment also. I know the 200 series is a small commercial unit but 90% of my yards are residentual and 199 verses 359 is a LOT of money to me. However I want to get the best for the money, I have learned my lesson on being cheap my first year. I did not get price on stihl BP after the rude jerk sevice manager pizzed me off and I just left. Im leaning toward the echo and would like comments from you folks who use either of these models. I know the stihl is probably the best but 359 bucks is a whole weeks salary where I live sometimes and sometimes its much better than that. Thanks

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

Gilla Gorilla
08-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Are you just blowing grass clippings or do you do leaf removal also? If you plan on blowing leaves then I would seriously look into the echo 650 or 750 bp blowers. I personally have a Redmax eb7001 and love it, im getting ready to purchase another here in the next month. Tons of power from them.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-14-2004, 11:30 PM
I have one yard that I have to blow the whole yard off, on river and nothing but oak leaves. My stihl handheld does a ok job. I also have one large commercial account with large parking lot to blow off, rest are ok for handheld. I was told by many lco if you ever use a BP you will never go back. I dont have to have the blower right now, the edger I must purchase quickly.

Danny
Quality Lawn care