PDA

View Full Version : multi home discounts

LHSlawnman86
08-15-2004, 01:14 AM
i was wondering how many of you use multi home discounts and how well they work.
i appreciate any help

thanks

gogetter
08-15-2004, 01:45 AM
Are you talking about a discount for having a few neighbors on the same street?

If so, then NO. I don't do discounts because you never know when you may lose one ore more of them.

tiedeman
08-15-2004, 01:53 AM
yup totally agree with gogetter, you never know when

geogunn
08-15-2004, 01:55 AM
lhslawnman...I remember thinking about discounts and cutting people deals when I started.

and I did what it took to get started.

but today...as hard as I have had to work this summer in all of this rain to try to catch up and take a break...the only way I'll give a discount it is I raise the price by $10 to make them feel good about getting a $5 discount.

GEO

MikeLT1Z28
08-15-2004, 02:04 AM
i think he means if they own more than one property and you take care of all of them, and no, i don't offer a discount for that.

promower
08-15-2004, 02:04 AM
I have one, three houses side by side. $40 a piece takes on average 2 hrs. 15 min.

POBOY
08-15-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm trying to figure out what to do now, I have two homes I'm doing now and he wants me to take care of his boat factory about 3-4 acres open grass around the parking lot. Thinking about a 5% discount for all 3 maybe a 10% if paid up front for the year. The two homes are close to 5-6 acres together trying to make him happy and me some money!:D

GarPA
08-15-2004, 06:50 AM
like others, we price each one independently regardless of how many in the same area. We do offer a referal reward if a homeowner refers us to a neighbor/business nearby. But this is a one time thing "thank you"

CamLand
08-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by gogetter

If so, then NO. I don't do discounts because you never know when you may lose one ore more of them.

Totally agree....

EastProLawn
08-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by gogetter

If so, then NO. I don't do discounts because you never know when you may lose one ore more of them. I agree as well but if it's properties owned by a single person or company then yes I give a small discount.

bobbygedd
08-15-2004, 01:42 PM
it is very well worthwhile if you can have a selling point like $30 for single home, $27 for 3 homes and up. but it has to be understood, that if the stop falls below 3 homes, the price goes up. i am actually going to advertise in such a fashion next march and see how it works out.

Precision
08-15-2004, 01:45 PM
just raise the price 10% and give a 5% discount. Our prices are relatively arbitrary anyway. Well at least that is the way it seems to the average customer.

Property 1 (already doing it) $150 per month
Property 2 (new one) $165 per month

both together 315 per month - 5% discount $299.25

now everyone is happy, you get both accounts, he gets his discount, and you get paid what you deserve.

Runner
08-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Charge them regularly, and throw in an extra here or there. In other woeds, if you're doing the three, don't say, "ok, here is $30 off every week", or whatever. Throw in some edging or something like that "valued at" x amount. When a restaurant refunds or gives a discount, they don't give it in the form of cash, they give away a free drink, free fry, or dessert, or something. That way, they are giving away $1.79, but it's not costing them $1.79 to do it. This is why many restaurants, stores, and other businesses give away "vouchers" or gift certificates, rather than the actual cash back.

Shuter
08-15-2004, 02:54 PM
I have one neighborhood with 46 accounts. I do not give any discounts. They are either going to pay me full price or another company, so why not get what the work is worth. My big savings is a higher level of production due to the reduced drive time.