PDA

View Full Version : I need help on bid's,fall leaf clean up's residential

big tim afm
08-15-2004, 12:38 AM
:blob2:

HOOLIE
08-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Do you mean regarding pricing, or how to get customers?

big tim afm
08-16-2004, 12:24 AM
both, pricing and getting customers

HOOLIE
08-16-2004, 02:02 AM
For pricing, you can charge either per hour or by the job. This probably won't help much, but the going rate seems to be between $25-60 per man hour, depending on who you talk to. I charge $30 per man hour.

As far as getting work, I'd try flyers (see if there's anybody in your area that distributes them, look under flyers or direct mail in the yellow pages) and also try putting an ad in community newsletters. I've gotten a nice response from those, and the cost is usually $10-20 per month.

LCME
08-16-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm new at this so here goes. I charge $20-$45 per man hour. If the job is big I go for $20 per man hour. If the job is small $45 per man hour. Minimum of $45 to start. I charge a disposal fee of $30 to haul bags away. No sure where yet. But, if I can put the bags out front for garbage pick-up there's no charge. I also recommend 3 clean-ups each month September thru November. If the customer wants an extra clean-up I let him know it's and additional cost. Anyway my 2 cents. Good luck.

magnolia ll
08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LCME
I'm new at this so here goes. I charge $20-$45 per man hour. If the job is big I go for $20 per man hour. If the job is small $45 per man hour. Minimum of $45 to start. I charge a disposal fee of $30 to haul bags away. No sure where yet. But, if I can put the bags out front for garbage pick-up there's no charge. I also recommend 3 clean-ups each month September thru November. If the customer wants an extra clean-up I let him know it's and additional cost. Anyway my 2 cents. Good luck.