PDA

View Full Version : Getting accounts for fall clean up

andersonmowing23
08-16-2004, 01:44 PM
This is my first summer mowing, I have 16 yards and i really enjoy it. I bought a 6x10 trailor and a 50 inch dixie chopper and echo weed eater and blower. My question is tho i want to get some yards this fall for leaves and clean up, i only have 4 maybe five yards right now where this would really even be a problem with the leaves. I was wondering how I should go about getting some yards for this fall. I was also wondering on how to get some commercial accounts for next year. Lastly, I was wondering how you all expend each year and try to get more accounts, what you all think the best method would be and when to do it. Last winter i just put out about 400 flyers and got 12 yards then got 4 more by word of mouth just wondering if i could get even more by doing another method. Thanks a Bunch!!

Liberty Lawncare
08-16-2004, 01:49 PM
I put flyers out and advertize in the small local paper. If you put an APROXIMATE price on the flyer when you leave it you may get more calls. The APROXIMATE price worked great for me last fall.

gramps
08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
yOU CAN SEE YOUR BIGGEST SOURCE OF NEW CUST. IS WORD OF MOUTH. kEEP UP WITH HIGHEST QUALITY WORK. iT WILL GROW.
:)

Kelly's Landscaping
08-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Local paper around fall time will get you some but they do tend to be rather impatient and expect to be the front of the line hence I will not be doing that again but it got me around 25 cleans last fall.

CJ GreenScapes
08-16-2004, 07:19 PM
400 flyers and you net 12 yards? I would definitely try that again - 3% is higher than average. Keep up the good work...

andersonmowing23
08-16-2004, 10:50 PM
I double checked that stat and i actually did 415 flyers lol i just wanted to make sure, since that was my first try at it i was wondering what you thought the average was maybe per 100 or per 500, i live in central Indiana in a pretty wealthy part so it kinda helps i do all my mowing in Carmel Indiana and if ya pick the right neghiborhoods i found ya can get them so im gonna try to pick a little better this year but if that is above average i guess i must not complain

andersonmowing23
08-17-2004, 03:21 PM
come on now i know someone out their has a number lol just a lil bit of help

Precision
08-17-2004, 08:27 PM
response rate to flyers is typically 1 - 1.5%. Bids to account ratio is usually around 30-40%. If you are higher than that in your close rate you are either a GREAT salesman or your prices are significantly TOO LOW. Assume the second.

I have not done flyers, but most people put them out in the thousands. 3000 should get 30 -45 responses and 9-14 accounts.

andersonmowing23
08-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks Alot for that information I didn't really know I really don't think I am charging to low but i did low ball my first 4 becuase i wanted some work and to me it just didn't seem like anyone would pay but then i bumped them up which i am very glad i did Their was one yard that i didn't really want just had a fence on the side and didn't want to mow it with my 21 inch so i gave her a 42 dollar bid and she took it, i was about ready to loose it i couldn't believe it she has one tree in the front yard the fench and thats it for weed eating, then maybe 5 passes in the front and hardly any side and no back it was so funny but hey at that price i thought i could handle the push mower