PDA

View Full Version : Applying Fertilizers

BugGuy99
08-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Hello,

I have ran a thriving Pest Control business for 5 years . I want to start offering Lawn Spraying services. I am planning on using a mix of Urea for greening and 24D for weed control. I am in the Salt Lake City area.

Any tips for a newbie would be helpful.

FYI ... I save getting everyone upset. I have a license.

Pilgrims' Pride
08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I'd say look into other nitrogen sources or maybe combine your urea with other products to get some longevity from it.
Straight urea ie: 46-0-0 is totally quick release.
Turf grows like mad for a few weeks (That really pis*ses of the mowing guys!) then peters out and looks rough.
Powder blue would be a good secondary source.
It is slow release and can be mixed at varying rates to acheive the longevity you desire.
Powder blue does need mechanical agitation though. So keep that in mind when buying your sprayer.

BugGuy99
08-16-2004, 05:29 PM
I have tried on my own lawn ...

28 Nitrogen
10 Potash
10 Sulfer

Soulution rather than the straight 46-0-0

Seems to grow and last for a while. Here in Utah we have about a 7-8 month growing season. I want to apply at 6 week intervals ... so I am looking for a combination that will keep the lawn greeen and the weeds down.

I have used 24D and have great results on existing weeds ... what would be the best chemical to use as a pre-emergant?

Thanks for your tips

Pilgrims' Pride
08-16-2004, 05:59 PM
The jury is still out on that.
Every year it's something. To much rain, to much heat, to much who knows what and pre-emergents are always affected.
I use dimension myself. I did 2 apps this year. It seemed to work well.