PDA

View Full Version : Standing Out

Rob Spread & Spray
08-16-2004, 08:59 PM
How do you guys who spray stand out from your competition?

When I first started there was only TG, another small guy and myself. Plenty of work for the taking. Now there are many other companies making similar applications and doing good work. So as I go into this fall with a new sales campaign I have to decide on how to seperate us from them.

Rob Spread & Spray
08-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Very interesting.

Ahh I see.

You dont say! lol

BugGuy99
08-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Talk to your customers.

I sell customer service. Tell them that you will keep them informed of what is happening with their property. There are so many people who get an account, show up and spray, but never talk to their customers.

Rob Spread & Spray
08-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Thats just it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 to 3 other small companies that are following all the golden rules to customer service.

2-3 employees, doing all the right things, lawns look good, knowledgable reps on the lawns, most having at least 3-5 years experience if not more.

TSM
08-17-2004, 04:13 PM
is there not enough work in your area for you and 2-3 other companies?

Rob Spread & Spray
08-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Ken,

Its not that big of a market.

Utica, is only about 60,000.

The thing is we all market at about the same time, therfore the question on standing out..

Plus TG is here as well.

Ken Kesey
08-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Offer incentives different than your competition.

James Cormier
08-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Rob Spread & Spray
Ken,

Its not that big of a market.

Utica, is only about 60,000.

The thing is we all market at about the same time, therfore the question on standing out..

Plus TG is here as well.

Hey Rob, how bout marketing at a different time. or for a different service.

Few year ago, I had a mowing crew that was slow because of a hot dry summer, I did a huge core aeration and slice seeding mailing and newspaper adv campaign. We sold about 150 core aerations ( way more then we could handle ) we did around 90 of them the rest where done in spring and 25 slice seeding jobs.

Almost all of the slice seeding jobs turned into regular fert customers and about 20 aeration customers as well.