PDA

View Full Version : Rehab your sprayer??????

ChicagoLawn
08-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Just wondering what you would do to a used Lesco 200 sprayer to make it as good as new?

I picked up a used 200 gallon Lesco spray tank, what can be done to the pump to rejuvenate to "like new" condition before next year? I can service the Kawasaki engine without a problem, its just the pump and plumbing that worries me.

I think im going to grind the "flaking paint" off the frame and get it Rhino lined. Any of you ever Rhino line your spray tank steel frame?

Thanks in advance.

ChicagoLawn

ToniDavies
08-18-2004, 02:42 PM
If you want to make the sprayer like new I suggest replacing all hoses that look worn on the unit. Check for any broken fittings etc. What pump is on the sprayer? If it is a diaphragm pump you are best to replace the diaphragms, seals and possibly valves. If you reply back with the brand of pump I can forward you a copy of a manual for it.:D

lawn order
08-18-2004, 07:47 PM
you might have to replace all the rubbers in th epump if its a lesco unit they will have the parts and instructions . Its really easy if you can work on motors you can work on pumps CLEAN THE FILTER and like the other guy had mentioned cheack all the hoses for wear

ChicagoLawn
08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the help...........

Has anyone ever installed the 200 gallon poly spray rig across a pick up bed instead of "long/length wise"??

I'm trying to find a way to maximize remaining pick up bed space for dry materials.

Has anyone installed the electric hose reel on the side rail of your pick up instead of on the sprayer itself? I dont like the way the electric hose reel(motor end out) hangs off the 2 mounting brackets if you want to have the reel face the side of the truck.

Thanks

GregoryR
08-21-2004, 01:38 PM
I have done both of those things many times. The tank part just depnds on the shape of the tank and the space in the truck bed. Im sure you are planning to place the tank near the cab, right?
I the tank is not on a frame you will have to strap it to the bed of the truck, no big deal. Stablize it with some lumber bolted to the bed.
The hose reel will need some kind of tower or frame that will sit inside the bed. Bolt the frame on, then bolt the reel to the frame.
The only recurring probs Ive had with electric reels mounted this way is that the wiring tends to be long, and eventually you may knock off a connection somewhere.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-21-2004, 02:08 PM
I wedged my 200 lesco in my bed sideways wasent easy but can be done