PDA

View Full Version : drive out of a perma green?

steve in Pa.
08-18-2004, 07:37 AM
has any body ever sprayed drive out of their perma green? was thinking of mixing in large tank and filling perma green with it to use. says on the label to spray out of low pressure equip. if it can be used in a backpack sprayer will it be alright in the perma green?

2 man crew
08-18-2004, 10:41 AM
I sprayed drive a few days ago w/sticker. It worked fine no problems with the Permagreen. I would try to use the whole batch at one time to avoid settling over night. That might clog the filter.

MrBarefoot
08-18-2004, 08:25 PM
I plan on using Drive within the next few days through my PG. I will post the results.

grassguy_
08-18-2004, 10:43 PM
I haven't used it in the PG because of how the drive settles out in its mixture. I would think it will eventually gum up the small flo-jet pump to a point you'll be repalcing it a lot quicker. Figure its much easier to spot treat with drive , especially when your trying to target specific plants.

MTC314
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
How many oz of drive should be used per gallon thru permagreen? I was caculated 5oz per gallon but wanted to make sure what others were using first.
Posted via Mobile Device

n-green
08-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I switched to XLR8 liquid haven't burned out a pump. I tried out of PG with poor results at the high rate. I don't think the plant gets wet enough. I used sticker instead of MSO which didn't help I'm sure.

redsox
08-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I have had good luck in the past with drive out of a PG. Like was said before use the whole mixture it will settle and turn into a mess and a waste of product. I usually only added a few gal. then the drive and mso and mixed with a stick. Then filled the rest of the tank up. Go in low gear as you need good coverage with drive. It won't work as well as hand spraying but will do an acceptable job.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I was thinking that PG doesn't put out enough volume at hi speed to make XLR8 effective. Low speed is an option for sure. Calibrate correctly.

You don't need MSO with XLR8. I used a non ionic out of a backpack and toasted mature crab within a week.

MTC314
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Good to hear you had pretty good results with it out the permagreen. I have no choice but to give it a try the lawn is 30k square feet and the customer just signed up so it didn't get pre-emergent and is covered in crabgrass. It would take forever to spray with backpack and I don't have a big tank sprayer so hopefully I get a decent result thru the permagreen and if I have to touch spots up with backpack I will.

I am going to use 4oz of drive per gallon out of permagreen with hawkeye nonionic sticker. I was going to drive in high gear and just overlap heavy but maybe I will just ride it in low gear like you did since you had good results.

Thanks again!

MTC314
08-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I have had good luck in the past with drive out of a PG. Like was said before use the whole mixture it will settle and turn into a mess and a waste of product. I usually only added a few gal. then the drive and mso and mixed with a stick. Then filled the rest of the tank up. Go in low gear as you need good coverage with drive. It won't work as well as hand spraying but will do an acceptable job.

How many oz of drive did you mix per gallon of water for your permagreen?

RigglePLC
08-15-2012, 10:13 PM
How many thousand sqft do you cover with a gallon of solution. Did you calibrate?
If you cover about 4000 sqft per gallon you need 4 times 1.45 ounces per gallon. That would be...an easy calculation.

MTC314
08-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes I am around 4000 sq feet per gallon.
Posted via Mobile Device

n-green
08-17-2012, 06:21 PM
30k blanket spray with Drive is an expensive app.

redsox
08-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't remember the rate but generally PG's spray 1/3 of a gal per 1ksqf. I would calibrate sprayer and look at label. I haven't used a pg in along time and don't use drive any more. If you are using regular drive or any other quintaclorac use MSO it will work much better.

MTC314
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Here are some before and after pics of the crabgrass I sprayed with Drive through the permagreen @ 4.25oz of drive per gallon of water and I added lescos hawkeye. I am pretty happy with the results this is only 5 days after application. Some of the thick areas only the top part of crabgrass took the hit so I will go back in another few days and see what it is doing I may have to touch up a few areas with backpack sprayer.

http://i46.tinypic.com/11s06ja.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/121abn9.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/33428fb.jpg

P.Services
08-21-2012, 11:25 PM
holy shet batman!!! and now what do you plan to do when 60% of the lawn area is brown dead gone and filling in with every other weed imaginable ?

MTC314
08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Power Core Aeration and Over Seeding!

redsox
08-22-2012, 09:46 PM
looks like you got it. I hope you told them it was going to look worse before it looked better..lol

MTC314
08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes, the customer was informed of that ahead of time and understands the process. After the aeration and power seeding is complete and we start our lawn care program it should be looking great by the end of the season. I will post pictures when its done.

RigglePLC
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Well what happened? Did it smoke the crabgrass? Injure the grass? Settle out in the tank? Plug up filters? How many sqft did a tank cover? Are you calibrated accurately?

Did you go high speed or double the rate by driving at low speed?

MTC314
08-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Everything went well, crabgrass is smoked and the good grass is still green and uninjured. There are a few spots where the crabgrass was so thick it only killed the top of the plant so I will respray those areas with a backpack sprayer when I fertilize next week, and knock it out completely. The product was mixed right before the application so nothing settled in my tank and I used all the solution up at the job and then rinsed clean water through my machine to prevent any possible clogging. My machine was calibrated correctly....I was getting a little over 4k sq feet per gallon and I drove in high gear but I overlapped my passes tighter than I normal would for a regular application so I used a few extra gallons of mix. Like I said I am very happy with the results and I will not hesitate to spray drive out of the permagreen in the future if I come across a large property covered with cragbgrass again.

newlymowedlawns
09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Was this the liquid or granular drive you sprayed. Thanks.

MTC314
10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Just wanted to follow up and share the final result after the aeration and seeding was performed with fertilization after the crabgrass was killed with drive out of permagreen.

http://i48.tinypic.com/e0foys.jpg

ANA Proscapes
10-30-2012, 09:55 AM
That's a hugh improvement. Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device