PDA

View Full Version : Hope Ric is okay

James Cormier
08-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Haven't heard from Ric , since Charley came through, I assume he's got no power, I hope all is well for him down there.

woodycrest
08-18-2004, 06:13 PM
yeah, i was wondering what was up with Ric too.

Green Dreams
08-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Ah man, thats right...

We're pullin' for you, bro. I hope everyone will do as I did and go to www.redcross.org and donate a few bucks. No amount is too small! They really need it right now....

GroundKprs
08-19-2004, 03:27 AM
Haven't been able to talk to Ric directly, but have heard from someone who has. For those who don't know, he lives in Charlotte County, where the storm did the most damage. First day he had two flats from all the nails laying in roads from demolished buildings. Don't know if he's still using camping stove for cooking and heating bath water.

He had just gotten a grinder to clean up his new nursery with, and that is running a lot now. Guess he got tired of lugging things, he went out of town a couple of days ago to pick up a used skid steer.

Communications are still dicey there. Even cell is in and out - probably towers missing. But I'm sure Ric doesn't have much time to talk, and won't have for many months. All landscapes in his operating area were demolished.

HayBay
08-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Wow, Sounds bad.

Wish you well Ric.

tremor
08-19-2004, 06:27 AM
So long as he & his are safe & sound, we can make the following statement.

However cold this may sound:

In the wake of tragedy lies great opportunity.

If even half of his cutomers are satisfied with his wpork & have him replant their landscapes, he has job security & sales opportunites galore.

How far is Ric from Ft. Meyer? I have a job for him if he wants it.

dobehap
08-19-2004, 06:01 PM
my sympathies to you Ric

Only God knows the answer to the question "why?"
Everything does happen for a reason, and I agree with Tremor - you may come out of this better than you were before this.

bobbygedd
08-20-2004, 03:50 PM
yea i love to piss him off, but god willing the old goat is ok.

grassguy_
08-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Hope everything is alright with Ric and family as well. As you stated Tremor, there definitely will be plenty of opportunities for landscape repair. Friend of mine lives near Clearwater, had some landscape damage all around him.

timturf
08-22-2004, 04:42 PM
He and the family are ok!
All his equipment is ok

sniggly
08-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Timturf.......

If you spoke with him.......tell us what he is up too. Does he need any help? I live in Florida and can travel down there this next weekend.

We have chatted through PM's before.......good guy.

timturf
08-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Haven't been able to talk to him personally, but he responded to my e mail briefly after the. storm

Ric
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Yea

Dam I am really worried about that old goat myself. Now ever He is a survivor, so I am sure he will be back to Give everyone hell for sure.

We might just want to send Ric a care package, like 5 good men to work. I think Ric can even give them a place to live.

BTW I head that Ric lost his Nursery including Green houses and Irrigation as well as plants. I am sure Ric could really use some long term help to rebuilt. Wow You think those guys could learn something about Fertilizer, Pest Control, Irrigation, and Nursery business from That old goat Ric???

Turf Medic
08-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Ric

Great to see your back and haven't lost your sense of humor. Good luck on the rebuild.

TOTALLAWN OF KY
08-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Well il come down and help ya !!! I,ll tie up my loose ends and see ya in at the end of oct>

Ric
08-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by TOTALLAWN OF KY
Well il come down and help ya !!! I,ll tie up my loose ends and see ya in at the end of oct>

TOTALLAWN OF KY

Come on down. But call me first 941 629 ANTS (2687)