PDA

View Full Version : New to the buisness

Etlawn
05-30-2000, 07:41 PM
I am just getting into the maintenance end of the buisness. I am currently working for Spring Green as a lawn technician. (ie...spraying pesticide ect...) Me and my Brother in law are currently partners in the buisness. We have 19 accounts and 3 to bid on this week. We do mainly mowing but we would like to get into possibly fertilizing and insect control also. How much money can actually be made doing mowing ect...<br>We bought the buisness from someone and are just getting started.<br>Any help appreciated....<br>Thanks

Nilsson Associates
05-30-2000, 08:40 PM
Hello Etlawn,<br>Good question. Depends on what you like I think you were asking from making money. If you get 10 diff guys answering might get 10 diff answers. But if it were me, I'd go for the lawn app side, riding equip (do in 5 min what it takes 20 min by walking off) so you can compete with nationals still make plenty of green. $1000 to $1,400 a day possible (one man) gross sales, no mowers breaking down, depends on what you like. That plus irrigation service is where I'd go with it. Mow, blow, go guys undercut the market unless the market is upscale, stay away from it, do yourself a big favor. At 6pm you'll still have energy with the riding stuff. No employee headaches, no equipment headaches, no bidding headaches. <p>But do whatever you like, don't take my word for it, what do I know anyway. I post for Nilsson Associates, it's time to go home, I'm otta here. <p>A-1 <p>

BRET
06-01-2000, 10:43 PM
WE ARE A FULL SERVICE LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT CONTRACTOR BASED IN SANFORD FLORIDA. WE STARTED OUT DOING JOBS AS A ONE TIME SERVICE FOR REALTORS. HAVE HAD ALOT OF SUCCESS WITH STAYING AS A ONE MAN OPERATION. WE CALLED ALL OF THE REALTORS IN THE PHONE BOOK AND ASKED FOR A OPPURTUNITY TO WORK FOR THEM. WE ALSO DO A SERVICE CALLED PROPERTY PRESERVATION WORK. WE CONTRACT FOR A COMPANY CALLED THE VITALIZER NETWORK. THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD CLIENTS FOR US.