James Cormier
08-19-2004, 05:02 PM
http://gmccommercialtrucks.com/vanscaper2.jpg

http://gncindustries.com/photo.htm

http://gncindustries.com/photo.htm

The last is my fav

TSM
08-19-2004, 05:49 PM
that Polaris is a very nice truck! Plenty of options as far as number of tanks and storage for dry products and the doors all seem to be in the right places.

The height of the truck looks ideal as well. One thing about our box vans...they are fairly tall, about 9' 8" from ground to top of box. This has caused us to 'prune' (snap off) some tree limbs here and there. Actually I'm not all that concerned about the trees, its the paint and vinyl lettering/logo on the truck that worries me.

Wonder what the cost is on that polaris truck?

DUSTYCEDAR
08-19-2004, 05:49 PM
man some nice stuff wish i had the bread for some of that

jajwrigh
08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by DUSTYCEDAR
man some nice stuff wish i had the bread for some of that

I second that wish!

grassguy_
08-19-2004, 08:31 PM
James,
the second pic of the GMC with the drop gate off the back is what I'm looking at right now. However I ran into a friend that works for a vending company the other day that had 12' box trucks with slide up doors behind the driver side. They are excellent and he said they have a number of them their comapny uses and that he would ask his boss if they were selling off any or who I could contact about their make up.

goforgreen2
08-19-2004, 10:17 PM
What's the pricing like on it?

i_plant_art
08-19-2004, 10:27 PM
hey guys check these trucks out i have looked at getting one myself....... they are pretty kick ass for the biz.....

http://www.superlawntrucks.com

LwnmwrMan22
08-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Hmmm.... thinking maybe most of the guys here have looked at SLT's... oh... maybe 5-6 years ago??? :)

James Cormier
08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Mark, I like that truck too, the only problem I see is you need a side door to load pallets of fert onto, Im sure you can get the body company to make it that way.

Ill try to attach a photo of a really cool truck, Im not sure if it will work

grassguy_
08-21-2004, 08:19 PM
James,
that truck is excellent, a little larger than what I'm working toward but the same concept. The pallet slide up door will be on the driver side at the front of the box and I will have a similar slide up door in the middle of the passenger side of the box for pulling the hose out or possibly mounting the reel under the box on the same side. I already have someone to fab the box the way i want. just a matter of finding the right truck(s).

James Cormier
08-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Mark, heres another site for you with some cool ideas

http://llc-equipment.com/

HazellLawnCare
08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Wow James I really like that setup. I just purchased a 3/4 ton long bed and I was planning on using it for my applicating and that is just the kind of setup I was looking for.

morturf
08-23-2004, 06:32 PM
This is my truck. I had it built for me this year. I have put all the things into it I have ever wanted in a truck and it is perfect for me. It has 3 doors on the box, large roll up on the back, Slider on passenger side with steps. a small roll up on the drivers side for pallets-nurse tank-other forklift type items. I will post a few pics of it.......if you would like more let me know
mike

morturf
08-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Didn't take the photo on the last one......try again

morturf
08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
this is the back of the truck

morturf
08-23-2004, 06:40 PM
passenger side walk in slider

Lazer_Z
08-23-2004, 07:25 PM
morturf is that yellow thing a stander in the back of the truck of your #2 Pic? Could you post a pic of it if possiple? Thanks

Cool truck BTW

morturf
08-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Not a stander.......it is a z-spray. It is one of the first ones Tom made. I have a stander too and it fits in there as well.

Lazer_Z
08-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Ok thanks for the correction.

grassguy_
08-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Moturf,
that's a sweet set up, quite similar to what I've got in mind for constructing. Is it a redi-ramp you have off the back? What length box is that, 16'? really great truck, Moturf, you have to be pleased!

grassguy_
08-25-2004, 12:26 AM
James,
LOL, its funny you posted that pick-up, there is an outfit in Michigan that has been after me to work with them for designing the same type truck but it would allow the PG to fit between the side boxes into the bed of the truck. However with the box truck idea, I think its going to be on the back burner or out of the picture. I'll still keep 3 pick-ups set up for city use, but the box truck(s) would take a majority of the large commercial and larger resi lawns.

Rob Spread & Spray
08-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Great pics moturf. Can you get us some of a closeup inside?

How long a box? I have an Isuzu with a 12foot flatbed and may consider having a box put on instead.

Whats a ballpark price for the box?

XEL
10-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Morturf, I saw the ramp on the truck and the Z-Sprayer. I'd like to know what the ramp costs and where did you get it? Also what's the weight of the ramp and is it difficult to handle on a daily basis? Your reply would be greatly appreciated.
XEL

morturf
10-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Guys i am sorry i didn't post back earlier. It is a 16 foot box on an 151 frame. I think this truck saved me countless hours. It has been the greatest thing. The ramp is really easy to use. It has a gas shock that helps it up. It is from USA Ramp. I can give the website if you like. It was a little more than 500. It doesn't bolt to the truck...it is attached to the reciever hitch. Takes 2 to get it on and off, but just one for up and down....hope that helps.
mike

grassguy_
10-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Morturf, I have ramps but they have a spring which helps with the lifting, a shock might even be better. If you know the website for those type ramps, I'd appreciate that. That truck is awesome though, I'll be designing what I would like to do with one here shortly and be in touch with you I'm sure. Thanks!

James Cormier
10-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Morturf, I have ramps but they have a spring which helps with the lifting, a shock might even be better. If you know the website for those type ramps, I'd appreciate that. That truck is awesome though, I'll be designing what I would like to do with one here shortly and be in touch with you I'm sure. Thanks!

Mark, I think it will be found here www.usaramp.com They have several different products.

A friend just bought the dodge sprinter van, and he put one of those ramps just inside the back doors, really slick, he sells vending machines so he dolly's them right up the ramp. Then his side door opens up to a separate section. A fork truck would easily load a pallet in the side doors. I will take photos soon and post them here.

He loves driving the truck, its got the small desiel motor, very nice interior.

James Cormier
01-10-2005, 09:31 AM
passenger side walk in slider

I pulled this up from the depths, I really like Mort's truck body, Hopefully he is still active on this form. I wondering if he could post some more photos of the sliding side door, and tell us how wide it opens up to.

Thanks

morturf
01-11-2005, 02:53 AM
James,
I will see what I can do about getting you another picture of the door. I have really enjoyed this truck. It has been perfect for me. I believe the door is 42 inches. I could have gotten a 32 but didn't want one that small to carry heavy stuff in and out...the bigger door is much easier. Will post more pics soon.....thanks for the interest.

Mike