PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear PPE?

seven-up
08-21-2004, 05:48 PM
I was wondering who all wears PPE when applying pesticides and what do you wear? For myself, it is at least goggles, mask, rubber gloves and long sleeves and jeans.

John

ArizPestWeed
08-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey Sprite
I wear what the label states .
Don't you?

Tscape
08-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Uh, in a word, yes.

seven-up
08-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Umm, let's see... YES!

was just curious Mr. Williams...

around here I see lots of people who don't have any PPE on, even though the label clearly says otherwise. What I listed above is what I wear even if label calls for less. If more is specified, I go with what is called for. It's sort of like a "minimum" that I wear for spraying and such. Does anyone else do any thing like that?

Does drinking all those Sprites out in the hot sun tend to make one delusional and scarcastic?

john

Hamons
08-21-2004, 09:19 PM
I think you have to be careful of the image your portray by wearing too much safety apparel. For instance -- the normal three way I use requires safety glasses, gloves and long sleeves. The gloves I use are fairly inconspicuous and the glasses I use look like standard glasses - but have complete coverage.

When i see a guy spraying a normal three-way and he is a full TyVek suit I cringe alittle. Sends a bad message in my opinion

Green Dreams
08-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I wear Dickies, rubber boots, unlined rubber gloves (size 11) and long sleeves in all apps.

My dumb question of the day is what does PPE stand for?

Thanks

grassguy_
08-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Personal Protection Equipment, something that former employer that you have trying to make headaches for you probably never taught much about either, lol. hmmm, if they make to many headaches amybe that's an avenue to take with a lawsuit, lol, ok, just kidding!

MrBarefoot
08-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Green Dreams
My dumb question of the day is what does PPE stand for?

Profuse Perspiration Exacerbaters :p

But other people call them Personal Protective Equipment.

ArizPestWeed
08-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Maybe
lol..........................................................................