PDA

View Full Version : Heavy duty trimmers...

allstar
08-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Recently purchased a tractor and rotary cutter and have been doing some bush hogging jobs.There are always some areas inaccessible to the tractor which have to be done by hand;I use my trimmer,a JD XT140.This is a pretty good trimmer,probably middle-of-the-line as far as size is concerned,but cutting through heavy stuff is a bit slow.Sometimes I use a blade.I've thought about renting a WB brush remover,too,but that would increase my expenses another hundred bucks or so.
Any recommendations as far as trimmers are concerned?Thanks in advance.
Jim

Lbilawncare
08-22-2004, 09:53 AM
What is your budget? Stihl makes a clearing trimmer for this purpose, I've never seen one in person but they look pretty impressive. Check their website, I think it's www.stihlusa.com

IMPACT
08-22-2004, 10:41 AM
That Stihl runs about 1K+. If you are going to do a lot of brush work, a clearing saw is a good piece of equipment to own. I think they are capable of cutting 4" diameter growth.. Do a search on LS, and there was a guy here that ran these beasts, and you can see what he said about them.

allstar
08-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I'm about "budgeted out" for this year but could probably scrape together a little bit more.I haven't priced any Stihl trimmers but the nice JD's are in the $500 range,I think.I do like Stihl products,though,so I'll see if I can locate that trimmer on their website.Thanks.