View Full Version : Grounding Rod for Controllers

08-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Who installs them? Discuss.

08-22-2004, 02:23 PM
On irrigation systems for golf courses, I have installed a great deal of them. Typically, a meg reading needs to be taken which determines the amount of an active interference through electromagnetic fields generated by the soil. Once this reading is taken, then the length, amount and location of the grounding rods are determined, then installed in the ground with the controlller grounded to the rods.
Typically, the irrigation supply house has the means to do this test.

08-22-2004, 06:26 PM
We do , mainly because if it saves the controller its worth it , its also a sales tool . I have never seen another contractor do them on residential around here.