PDA

View Full Version : Ferris overhauls suspention?

CharlieBingo
08-22-2004, 11:37 AM
I read a brochure about some major changes coming, anyone hear about this?

Kelly's Landscaping
08-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Here's a question for you do the springs wear out and if so do they need to be replaced every so often and if not does it throw off the cutting hights?

From what I have seen it looks like a realy cool idea I am just not completely certain how it all works.

Andyinchville2
08-22-2004, 12:10 PM
I read that too but hve no idea what to expect...Maybe air ride?
Actually I tinkthey should somehow make a true 4 wheel dependant suspension.....I know they advertise 4 wheel independant suspension but when you tie a heavy deck to nearly unmovable front springs thats's not much of a suspension in my opinion....I have bith the Ferris 3000 with pivoting front end and the "newer" ferris 3000 extreme with supposedly the 4 wheel susopension and the older one with the pivoting front end has the better ride (no springs or heavy deck to impede the motion of the front end)......I'd be interested is seeing what they come up with tho (I saw their ad in one of the turf magazines talking about the changes for 2005 but they were not specific as to what would be done.

Envy Lawn Service
08-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Kelly's Landscaping
Here's a question for you do the springs wear out and if so do they need to be replaced every so often and if not does it throw off the cutting hights?

From what I have seen it looks like a realy cool idea I am just not completely certain how it all works.

The springs are adjustable for ride. Haven't heard of them being replaced by anyone yet. As for the cutting heights, no they are not affected by sagging springs because the deck is mounted to the same metal the wheels are. In other words the wheels and deck are on one frame and the rest of the Z is suspended off that on it's own frame.

LwnmwrMan22
08-23-2004, 12:12 AM
I HAD (2) Ferris IS4000's, with four wheel independent suspension.

The problem I had, my deck was not attached to the wheels, it was attached to the mower, and yes, when the suspension would get out of whack, so would the angle of cut, it would be off by 1/4"+. Anyways, I sold the one once the hours hit 1300, and bought a new Kubota. The Kubota cuts better, but that 4 wheel IS, that's a nice nice ride.

zpoore
08-23-2004, 03:25 PM
so does anybody know what they will do to the ferris?