PDA

View Full Version : quick picture of my set up

C&S Services
08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Here is the shot I took this afternoon. Just got things going in late April so I'm still working on the right gear.

C&S Services
08-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Here is a better shot of the sign I painted myself. It cost about $65.00 in materials for a 2' x 6' sign. It took much more time to stencil and paint than I ever thought.

drains
08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
On your sign is the word "improvements" misspelled?

C&S Services
08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I just ran out side to see what was wrong with the lettering and thankfully it is spelled correctly. The photo makes the M look incorrect. I read your post and couldn't believe that I made that mistake. I had the spelling checked several times before I finished just incase. Grammar is not my strong point. Thanks

Up North
08-22-2004, 09:38 PM
My compliments to you C&S! Looks good!

Buck

Trevors Lawn Care
08-23-2004, 07:20 PM
looks good ...

I was looking at the "Hone Inprovenents" and started laughing....Luckily it is ok

Trevor

C&S Services
08-23-2004, 07:29 PM
After I saw how the pic posted I sort of was a bit dissapionted and wondered how much flack I would get. I am absolute positive that it is all spelled correct. After looking at a few times it makes laugh. It is bad enough when I say the word car I say it (caa and faam) the northern boy can't spell that well either. Thanks Trevor!!

GrassBlaster
08-24-2004, 09:42 AM
My sister and neice moved to Concord, NH a few years ago. (My sis teachers in Manchester and my neice goes to UNH). Now, when they come home, we almost need an interpreter to understand them. LOL

GreenMonster
08-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by GrassBlaster
My sister and neice moved to Concord, NH a few years ago. (My sis teachers in Manchester and my neice goes to UNH). Now, when they come home, we almost need an interpreter to understand them. LOL

I laugh when I go down south and the people say:

"Y'all talk funny up there!"

tiedeman
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
how much drag does that sign cause? That is one reason why I have never put a sign on the back of my trailer..worried about the drag and gas money

C&S Services
08-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Tiedeman, I haven't seen too much in the way of drag. It seems to be able to get up to speed with out much more than before, as for gas, I'm using a bit more than before. I did make the sign a bit large 2' x 6' I wanted people to see it from far. My trailer is almost allways full so I do not think the sign would be cause that much more. I also have a 360 under the hood of my dodge and it like the gas no matter what.

C&S Services
08-24-2004, 06:46 PM
sorry 2' x 5', I have a question to those of you who do this full time (5 days a week) most of you guys talk about tight routes 10 miles or less from your home do you think a sign like mine would cause that much concern? I drive as far as 25 miles to differant jobs (cement pads, driveway sealcoating, and land scaping). How many miles a week do you drive?

EastProLawn
08-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Up North
My compliments to you C&S! Looks good!

Buck Ditto :D

Dig-it Landscaping
08-29-2004, 05:06 PM
What material did you use for the white background of your sign?

C&S Services
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
I used good old rust oleum primer and gloss white. You can use the spray paint but I used a paint brush to get it on thick then wet sanded smooth. I painted it on aluminum for the sign. No rust!!