PDA

View Full Version : blower not getting gas

stevesmowing
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a craftsman blower that has been sitting around, its not my main one as for that I have an eb630 but anyways the craftsman blower isn't getting gas. It will only run on full choke. I tried taking off the fuel filter to see if that was clogged and it still didn't work. I also tried taking off the air filter to see if that was the problem and that didn't work. Anyone have any more ideas?

drsogr
08-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Check your lines, and make sure none of them are leaking. I had a craftsment chainsaw that someone gave me. They couldn't get it running, so I checked it out, and the fuel line had basically discentegrated. I replaced it and it ran a little bit, but I forgot to put a fuel filter on it, so the carb is probably full of crap now.

ikesleeping
08-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Might try blowing air in every carberator orfice you can find,sometimes when they have set a while the gas thickens up and clogs the passageways and blowing them will sometimes give a quick fix

Westbrooklawn
08-23-2004, 08:52 AM
I have experienced the same problem in the past. You need to take the carb apart, soak it, blow it out, and re-assemble. It is definitely a gummed up carb.